slowhand
Old 09-17-2004 , 14:54   Re: Forum mod
Reply With Quote #11

wow

btw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
[b]
You can specify what extra access flags (reserved slots... ) registered users will have over nonregistered users.
can you arrange the Reserved slots with priority ? ( priority set by an Admin ) ... Player with lowest priority and shortest playing time gets kicked ( Players with no reservation/registration get priority 0 // PR-Level 100 - 0)

greez
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2004 , 08:17  
Reply With Quote #12

IPB, sure, if it's similar. I have never looked at its data tables, but I could do this later. If you feel like giving forum modding instructions and some info on the data tables, it could go faster. :-)

Upped 0.2.1, you can now use both prefix and postfix, or only one of them when forcing "pub" names:

fm_prepend "("
fm_append ")"

Will make a player with name "Joe" look like "(Joe)".

And about reserved slots. I'm not sure what you mean, but: I will not make this into a reserved slots plugin, there are other plugins for that. I just give you the ability to have regged users have any access flag, the reserved flag being one of them.

Edit: Name changing is still not 100%. Looks like it will have to take more work. :-\
lobstah
Old 09-19-2004 , 03:15  
Reply With Quote #13

tnx Jhonny, when i have time I will upload the site to temp domain and you can have at it.
Send a message via MSN to lobstah
slowhand
Old 09-19-2004 , 06:19  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
And about reserved slots. I'm not sure what you mean, but: I will not make this into a reserved slots plugin, there are other plugins for that. I just give you the ability to have regged users have any access flag, the reserved flag being one of them.
When I give 100 players the flag B, all have the same priority. I would find it better if I could put different RS priorities for every player.

I have over 600 registered Members and nerly 200 RS/Slots by priority so i cant use the defoult users.ini ( because of limited reserved Slots )

So i must use a RS plug ( reserved slots by priority ) and a name Plug ( antifake ). So i have most time only known players on server ( that is very pleasant )

I could unite both with your PlugIn .... and possibly I could operate several servers with that.

Example

steam/id name flags priority (server /optional)

only an idea

however, even if you not installed that its a very interesting PlugIn.
ng2000
Old 09-21-2004 , 07:53  
Reply With Quote #15

slowhand: thats a really good idea!

perhaps priority depends on amount of postings?

lg ng
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2004 , 10:13  
Reply With Quote #16

Well for that matter it would have to be an additional field added in each forum member's setup. A field which users can't change by themselves, only admin can.
I don't think post count is a good prio base. Who cares for post count? Maybe a prio based upon logins per day. One login on one day counts as one point, two logins on one day still counts as one point (forum wh*re). The most points has the highest prio.
Or just amount of time being registered in forums, the longer the better prio.
Or maybe something else, that could be added when it's needed.

Well, maybe later... if the idea is a killer. :-)
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2004 , 17:24  
Reply With Quote #17

Ok 0.2.2 should now finally have the name issues fixed. There was a problem where I was able to do this, while my steam id was registered:
Log in to the server with a "fake" name, and the server would rename me properly.
Then I disconnect, change my name to some other fake name, then reconnect, and the server wouldn't change to the registered account name this time (!). That should now be fixed. Guess there aren't that many people to test this yet, but whenever you do - if you can find out a way to fake a name even if you are registered, tell me...
kryptonyte
Old 09-21-2004 , 20:51  
Reply With Quote #18

ok got a error from Forum Mod
Code:
 [MySQL] SQL Error: Invalid database handle -11 (plugin "cstrike\addons\amxmodx\plugins\forummod.amxx" line 1145)
Im running
AMXX v.20 RC6 with Nightly Builds
Windows CS 1.6 Dedicated Server
All the MySQL Information is correct so it cant be that.

Kaboom Clan Site
Visit Kaboom Counter-Strike 1.6 Server: 24.88.56.188:27015
Visit Kaboom DOD Server: 24.88.56.188:2030
Send a message via ICQ to kryptonyte Send a message via AIM to kryptonyte Send a message via MSN to kryptonyte Send a message via Yahoo to kryptonyte
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2004 , 02:11  
Reply With Quote #19

Somehow it seems like it couldn't connect successfully to your forum db. Check all settings... fm_forum_db, amx_sql_host, amx_sql_user, amx_sql_pass.
When starting a map it should log "Successfully connected to SQL db". Default db name is phpbb for fm_forum_db, but maybe it's something else in your database, double check this.
Emanon
Old 11-07-2004 , 20:54  
Reply With Quote #20

So is there any chance that this could support vBulletin?

It doesnt have to include all the nifty features you have with PMs because that seems to be where alot of the functions are specialized for php. It just needs the retreival of steamid and the ability to change names.

Thanks,
Im going to have our web guy look at this and see if its an easy change.
Send a message via AIM to Emanon