Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]

Post New Thread Reply   

shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2017 , 11:08   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #21

(cs:go only, i think? unless the snd_playsounds method works for other games. never tested elsewhere.)
this should work much faster, by actually hooking sounds and executing snd_playsounds Music.StopAllExceptMusic on the client. it shouldn't interfere with the round start music that is played by the game.

use !sound to toggle (it's saved as a cookie)
!nightcore to make your players' ears rip apart when map music plays (requires rcon access)

* use george's extension to make soundscapes also stop playing automatically: https://github.com/GeorgeRiley/sm-ex...eHook/releases
** you have to rebuild george's extension for cs:go and get the correct gamedata for cs:go. i can't help with that as i haven't tested soundscapes at all but i can't see why it wouldn't work.

edit: updated plugin to compile here. compile it locally with the provided .inc if you follow the instructions above.
Attached Files
File Type: inc soundscapehook.inc (840 Bytes, 489 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_sound.sp - 1341 views - 4.3 KB)

Last edited by shavit; 10-13-2017 at 02:21.
BASTIEN1
Old 10-12-2017 , 13:52   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
(cs:go only, i think)
this should work much faster, by actually hooking sounds and executing snd_playsounds Music.StopAllExceptMusic on the client. it shouldn't interfere with the round start music that is played by the game.

!nightcore to make your players' ears rip apart when map music plays (requires rcon access)

* use george's extension to make soundscapes also stop playing automatically: https://github.com/GeorgeRiley/sm-ex...eHook/releases
I dont understand how this is suppose to work for csgo? I installed the extension + the plugin but my error logs says

[SM] Unable to load extension "soundscapehook.ext": /servers/mg/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/soundscapehook.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Because the url you gave us is a css extension.

Also why do you have the variable like this char[] sInfo = new char[16]; when it should be char sInfo[16]; ..

Last edited by BASTIEN1; 10-12-2017 at 13:55.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-12-2017 , 14:30   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #23

Have you tried https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2498209
Old 10-12-2017 , 23:15   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTIEN1 View Post
I dont understand how this is suppose to work for csgo? I installed the extension + the plugin but my error logs says

[SM] Unable to load extension "soundscapehook.ext": /servers/mg/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/soundscapehook.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Also why do you have the variable like this char[] sInfo = new char[16]; when it should be char sInfo[16]; ..
maybe your server is windows-based and that extension is for linux. I wonder if there is a windows version (i cant load it either bc of that error). i wouldnt have the faintest idea of how to compile the source for windows

Last edited by michaelrw; 10-12-2017 at 23:16.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2017 , 02:17   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:

you could always rebuild the extension for cs:go (although finding gamedata for cs:go might be harder), i personally haven't done that, but i can't see why it wouldn't work. you could always remove the #include <soundscapehook> line and have it always work for cs:go (as long as it isn't a soundscape)

i initialize strings as char[] string = new char[size]; out of a habit as long as they're not globally declared, can't see what's wrong with that though. enlighten me if i'm wrong though.
Old 10-13-2017 , 02:33   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
this actually works.. the volume option didnt work for me (tested on bhop_interloper) but the !stopmusic command did
BASTIEN1
Old 10-14-2017 , 00:43   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
maybe your server is windows-based and that extension is for linux. I wonder if there is a windows version (i cant load it either bc of that error). i wouldnt have the faintest idea of how to compile the source for windows
Like i dont know the difference between a .so and .dll lmfao
BASTIEN1
Old 10-14-2017 , 00:50   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
you could always rebuild the extension for cs:go (although finding gamedata for cs:go might be harder), i personally haven't done that, but i can't see why it wouldn't work. you could always remove the #include <soundscapehook> line and have it always work for cs:go (as long as it isn't a soundscape)

i initialize strings as char[] string = new char[size]; out of a habit as long as they're not globally declared, can't see what's wrong with that though. enlighten me if i'm wrong though.
Simply put it, thats a odd way of doing it, longer way of doing it as well. Will it work? Probably? If you need more "enlightenment" then ask some people on sourcemod discord that aren't new to source mod cause i already showed you.
michaelrw
Old 10-16-2017 , 15:41   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Like i dont know the difference between a .so and .dll lmfao
lol.. i dont know you bro so of course i dont know your level of experience. gg
Nexicon
Old 12-10-2017 , 09:02   Re: Stop Map Music Fixed [ALL GAMES]
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
(cs:go only, i think? unless the snd_playsounds method works for other games. never tested elsewhere.)

** you have to rebuild george's extension for cs:go and get the correct gamedata for cs:go. i can't help with that as i haven't tested soundscapes at all but i can't see why it wouldn't work.

edit: updated plugin to compile here. compile it locally with the provided .inc if you follow the instructions above.
Works great! But can you maybe add sm_stopmusic to it?