Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

Groven
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2015 , 19:09   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #21

Finally its posted here
Old 06-25-2015 , 19:35   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #22

How would you go about setting up multiple bonuses, for example surf_lt_unicorn has 4 bonuses but I can only setup one of them.

Last edited by Ajlittle; 06-25-2015 at 19:40.
jonitaikaponi
Old 06-26-2015 , 01:23   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlittle View Post
How would you go about setting up multiple bonuses, for example surf_lt_unicorn has 4 bonuses but I can only setup one of them.
Can't set up multiple bonuses get.
Masog
Old 06-26-2015 , 07:56   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #24

Because of the new !cp system, the !teleport command that takes you to the beginning of the current stage / bonus isn't working. Also, the !cp system doesn't work properly and doesn't save your mouse placement. In addition to that, it's annoying that you can't walk into the start zone while in !cp mode.
Could you fix it really quick?

Last edited by Masog; 06-26-2015 at 07:57.
jonitaikaponi
Old 06-26-2015 , 08:07   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masog View Post
Because of the new !cp system, the !teleport command that takes you to the beginning of the current stage / bonus isn't working. Also, the !cp system doesn't work properly and doesn't save your mouse placement. In addition to that, it's annoying that you can't walk into the start zone while in !cp mode.
Could you fix it really quick?
Use !n or !normal to get back to normal mode..

Also the old !tele or !teleport are now just !stuck or !back

Last edited by jonitaikaponi; 06-26-2015 at 08:10.
Sylvanya
Old 06-26-2015 , 10:15   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #26

Would it be possible to add a description to how the ranking system works?
jonitaikaponi
Old 06-26-2015 , 10:39   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanya View Post
Would it be possible to add a description to how the ranking system works?
Yeah I should update the !help2 command.

Here is how it works:

How does the ranking system work?
First of all, the ranking system without extra points is very skill based and rewards SKILL! The system doesn't reward play time or number of completed maps. Good ranks, that's what it's all about. You get points for map ranks, top 20 ranks and challenges.
Once you finished a map, you can get only points by improving your rank!
You can also lose points when other surfers have beaten your map ranks. The calculation part should explain why.
Your points (for ranks) will be updated immediately by the system after you entered the game, finished a map or lost a challenge.
(Admins have also the possibility to recalculate player profiles with an admin command)

Calculating player points:
(Map rank percentage * 200) + (extra points * 2) + (finished bonuses * 150) + Ranks 1-20 get extra points per map.

Extra points:
ck_ranking_extra_points_improvements: Gives players x extra points for improving their time. Default 15.0
ck_ranking_extra_points_firsttime: Gives the player this amount of extra points for finishing a map for the first time. Default 25.0

Skill groups (percentage and name can be modified by an admin):

To achieve ranks, you need to achieve the set threshold of points:
Default skill groups and percentage of points required

NEW

SCRUB
0.005%

TRAINEE
0.01%

CASUAL
0.030%

REGULAR
0.05%

SKILLED
0.1%

EXPERT
0.15%

SEMIPRO
0.22%

PRO
0.4%

Point requirement for these ranks are calculated as: percentage * MaxPointsFromMaps
MaxPointsFromMaps = Map Count (mapcycle.txt) * 700 + (Bonus Stage Count * 150)

For an example, when a player reaches over 0.22% of the maximum amount of points available on the server, he achieves rank SEMIPRO.
FrostSurf
Old 06-26-2015 , 13:27   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #28

I think i might be missing something. I have a clean install of a csgo server using the latest snapshop of both sourcemod and metamod and a csgo vdf.

I dragged the CKSurf files from the csgo folder into my server and then added the database information into the database.cfg. I restarted my server but its not working.

I thought maybe its because i didnt compile the files in the ckSurf folder but when i try they get errors. I tried 3 different versions of sourcemod but they dont compile on any of them. Could someone help me?
jonitaikaponi
Old 06-26-2015 , 13:40   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostSurf View Post
I think i might be missing something. I have a clean install of a csgo server using the latest snapshop of both sourcemod and metamod and a csgo vdf.

I dragged the CKSurf files from the csgo folder into my server and then added the database information into the database.cfg. I restarted my server but its not working.

I thought maybe its because i didnt compile the files in the ckSurf folder but when i try they get errors. I tried 3 different versions of sourcemod but they dont compile on any of them. Could someone help me?
What map are you loading?
What do you have in your addons/sourcemod/logs ? If errors, what's in them.

You don't have to recompile, and the plugin works with the latest sourcemod and MM

Last edited by jonitaikaponi; 06-26-2015 at 13:41.
Sylvanya
Old 06-26-2015 , 14:25   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.1, 25.6.2015)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitaikaponi View Post
Extra points:
ck_ranking_extra_points_improvements: Gives players x extra points for improving their time. Default 15.0
ck_ranking_extra_points_firsttime: Gives the player this amount of extra points for finishing a map for the first time. Default 25.0
All the other things makes sense, but this.. You said yourself that skill is rewarded, not playtime.
Not given points for improving your time is free points for the one who knows. Just get a bad time and keep on improving little by little and get lots of extra points. That's just bullshit. If you get a really good run your first time you won't get as high of reward for that.
Sure it could be disabled for your server, but people are stupid. They think it's a good thing.

And the extra points for completing the map first time is good, if you're good at completing maps but not so good at taking fast times you should still get some points. I'm just wondering if it's possible to change the value of this from map to map. As some maps are harder than others.