Raised This Month: $120 Target: $400
 30% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Crasher_3637
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: May 2012
Location: AFK like JFK
Old 08-20-2018 , 07:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahrechiiz View Post
Thanks Lux.

I tried superversus. It works great.

ABM however is not working as i expected.

when i play alone, minplayer = 4 & extra player = 4 makes it 1 player and 7 bots.

I can't get the idea of extra player then...

If anyone else want the server to always have 4 bots/players and only add more bots when >4 palyer join, Superversus's survivor_limit = 4 is what you want.



Congrats and glad to see you back ;3

Play as SI in coop is so much fun. But due to my problem, too much bots is boring, so I'm temporarily using superversus.

Can you explain a little about the min-player and extra-player?

Because what I understand is that the min-player = superversus's survivor_limit. and the extra-survivor limits the max player there can be.
You would need the following settings.

PHP Code:
abm_minplayers "4"
abm_extraplayers "0"
abm_teamlimit "8" 
You will start with only 4 survivors, and up to 4 more players can be survivors, but their bots will disappear when they leave. I think that's what you wanted.
__________________
AFK like JFK
Crasher_3637 is offline
Sahrechiiz
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Old 08-20-2018 , 15:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
You would need the following settings.

PHP Code:
abm_minplayers "4"
abm_extraplayers "0"
abm_teamlimit "8" 
You will start with only 4 survivors, and up to 4 more players can be survivors, but their bots will disappear when they leave. I think that's what you wanted.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Sahrechiiz is offline
Xanaguy
Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Old 09-06-2018 , 22:55   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #423

Hey! I'm back to L4D2. Anyways, I discovered that three functions in 1.9.7q blocked the ability to join Team 4, something about "model". But just thought one should know. Sorry to bump an old thread.

Edit: Made a separate plugin that enables admins to join the Fourth team without ABM's help. No need to do anything about it.

Last edited by Xanaguy; 10-07-2018 at 03:27.
Xanaguy is offline
NaturalBornCamper
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Old 10-08-2018 , 04:43   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #424

Hello all,

I'm using ABM with L4DToolz and I can successfully join a server with 4 people in it, become the 5th player.

However, my friends cannot join. Is it because I'm admin and they are not? Once a person left, then one of my friend was able to join but not before.

Marco
NaturalBornCamper is offline
lippnc
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Old 10-09-2018 , 07:00   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #425

Here is a version that works for our servers. We also use l4dtoolz, LMC, and CSM/Survivor Chat select. It has been renamed to not confuse itself with any of Bucks versions. All FakeZoey has been removed as it is no longer needed. No tankhp and left4downtown2. No SI stuff either. Just spawns players 5 thru whatever with goodies.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (advanced_bot_manager.sp - 277 views - 60.6 KB)
File Type: txt advanced_bot_manager.txt (1.2 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by lippnc; 10-09-2018 at 07:01.
lippnc is offline
NaturalBornCamper
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Old 10-09-2018 , 07:08   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is a version that works for our servers. We also use l4dtoolz, LMC, and CSM/Survivor Chat select. It has been renamed to not confuse itself with any of Bucks versions. All FakeZoey has been removed as it is no longer needed. No tankhp and left4downtown2. No SI stuff either. Just spawns players 5 thru whatever with goodies.
Were you answering me or that was just an independent message?
NaturalBornCamper is offline
smxclj123
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Old 01-08-2019 , 08:28   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #427

When i use it in survival mode,always add unlimited first aid kit and pills in area where survivors spawn each round start(when start the switch in every survival map).So the server is lag and crashed quickly.

Even i edit the .sp also can't fix it

Last edited by smxclj123; 01-13-2019 at 21:10.
smxclj123 is offline
smxclj123
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Old 01-08-2019 , 09:08   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #428

I noticed that it was because the continuously add bots and deleted them, but they didn't strip the items of these bots. (The new bot in survival mode will give first aid kits and pain pills by default, not like the coop mode)

I tried to add the relevant stripped code in front of add new survivor bot code and in front of the kick bot code, in the source file, but those all didn't work.


Is there a way to avoid this infinite and meaningless addition of bots,or cancel the default item(first aid kit and pain pill) for the new bot in Survival mode? Or is there a way to automatically delete unwanted items on the ground of the map? (I know that there is a plugin that can be used to manually delete ground items, but that's not enough because it requires the administrator to always sit in front of the computer and constantly enter the deleted instructions.)

Sorry for my bad English, through Google Translate
smxclj123 is offline
NgBUCKWANGS
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Old 01-09-2019 , 09:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by smxclj123 View Post
I noticed that it was because the continuously add bots and deleted them, but they didn't strip the items of these bots. (The new bot in survival mode will give first aid kits and pain pills by default, not like the coop mode)

I tried to add the relevant stripped code in front of add new survivor bot code and in front of the kick bot code, in the source file, but those all didn't work.


Is there a way to avoid this infinite and meaningless addition of bots,or cancel the default item(first aid kit and pain pill) for the new bot in Survival mode? Or is there a way to automatically delete unwanted items on the ground of the map? (I know that there is a plugin that can be used to manually delete ground items, but that's not enough because it requires the administrator to always sit in front of the computer and constantly enter the deleted instructions.)

Sorry for my bad English, through Google Translate
I bet you're talking about Helms Deep Reborn survival? If so, complain to the author of that map. He is deliberately sabotaging dedicated servers running SM and his map will always cause you problems. The problem you're describing is exactly a Helms Deep issue otherwise see the README on supplying players.
NgBUCKWANGS is offline
edwinvega86
Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Old 01-12-2019 , 20:21   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is a version of abm without autohard, SI spawning, left4downtown, and tankhp.
I have tried its complement in my servers of versus and it goes very well. now I would like to add it to the coperative but I always use (Infected Bots Control) I would not like to get rid of this add-on since I have adapted for my different types cooperative. could add cvar to discourage infected spawning
edwinvega86 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode