Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server crashing on random

Post New Thread Reply   

caveman
Old 11-03-2006 , 20:55   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #11

We had a very similar problem, We dont run a dedicated server so dont have full acces to debugging... sry.

Our server provider did some changes after the update yesterday, and I also got a tip to disable all client activated mani votes.

fingers crossed our server has run with out crashing for last 36 hours.....In past month i think the longest it ran was about 4-5 hours.

But it was very similar issue, only crashes when server gets more players on it.
BAILOPAN
Old 11-04-2006 , 11:34   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #12

Unfortunately it's not a "true" server crash, because it's HL2 spitting out an error and dying, rather than the OS killing the process.

If you get the crash again I can make you a small plugin which outputs the entity table every X minutes or so. That way when the server dies we can see what's been filling it up.
Old 11-04-2006 , 16:37   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #13

Bail:
Right now we are running the server with 20 players on it with ONLY the DM plug-in. The server has run now for almost a day without crashing. So it doesn't seem like the problem is on your end, the CSSDM plug-in. We are going to let the server run through out the rest of the day and night. And when the server is almost empty we will stop it and start another plug-in, like mani, and see if that causes any crashes. And so one and so on... Or, well, I guess thats option one.

The other option would be the one you mentioned. We could start all the plug-ins we had earlier and add your diagnostics plug-in, then wait for the crash.

I think the second option would be the most effective, from my viewpoint, if your plug-in would be able to give us sufficent data about what causes this "crash". But, I guess its not the most attractive option for you. So its up to you. If you wan't to create that plug-in, please contact me through any channel you se fit (check my profile for ICQ and MSN or contact me at #mb20 in quakenet). I would be VERY grateful. But, as it seams the problem is not on your end I understand if you do not wan't to get further engaged.
Send a message via ICQ to bastupungen Send a message via MSN to bastupungen
BAILOPAN
Old 11-04-2006 , 18:28   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #14

Please narrow it down to a specific plugin first. I'd like to delay a few hours of coding until we've got hard data on the culprit ;]

If you can get it down to something in specific, I will write the plugin so the author of that plugin can look at the information.
Old 11-04-2006 , 18:45   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #15

Ok, I'll add the mani plug-in tonight, like in 2 hours or so, and get back to you as soon as we se a crash.
Delta
Old 11-05-2006 , 05:56   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #16

This is very interesting and im both stunned and amazed but, with all plugins except cssdm disabled the server has been running for about 30 hours straight now. Of course this is kinda good news coz now we know its not cssdm for sure and its easy to see wich one it is by activating them one by one.
Im thinking that since stripper is now inactive, rounds restart after 9 minutes and the server will delete any unneccesary entitys. Therfore it never runs out of free edicts. Well, we'll se if im right.

I will get back to you with info of which one it is.

EDIT:
Now MAP is also running and still no crash

Last edited by Delta; 11-05-2006 at 13:22.
bastupungen
Old 11-06-2006 , 08:22   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #17

There's the crash!

We added the stripper plug-in yesterday night, when the server was empty. About 01.30. Today at 14,11 the server crashed, like 7 min ago.

The plugins that are running right now are:
CSSDM 0.96
Mani 1.2 (Metamod running)
latest Stripper, removing the bomb and the phys props. The server crashes if stripper is only removing the bomb, too.

I have not tried to use only the stripper or only stripper and cssdm. Because we are in a stress to get the server as full as possible, and well its hard to keep a server full with ONLY the stripper plug-in, if you get my point!

The server seems to crash if the server has many players on it, or it seams to help, atleast. There was one time that the server crashed with lesser players on it.

I have attached some .cfg. The Mani_server.cfg is to big to be attached. I can send it too you in whatever way to see fit.

We have now removed the Mani admin plugin and only running the CSSDM och stripper plug-in. If a crash occurs then I cannot se any other culprit then the stripper plug-in. Or maybe the stripper and CSSDM plug-in working together creating this error.

We had two crashes today while running the cssdm stripper and MAP
Attached Files
File Type: cfg cssdm.cfg (2.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: cfg global_filters.cfg (578 Bytes, 79 views)
File Type: cfg server.cfg (902 Bytes, 75 views)

Last edited by bastupungen; 11-06-2006 at 19:43.
bastupungen
Old 11-07-2006 , 18:48   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #18

We tried to run ONLY the cssdm and stripper and it still crashed.

What do you need from me to be able to figure out what causes this error?
bastupungen
Old 11-10-2006 , 13:59   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #19

Any Ideas anyone? server keeps crashing, twice per day, when the server has players on it.

The plug-in you, bailopan, mentioned, could we try that?
BAILOPAN
Old 11-10-2006 , 15:42   Re: Server crashing on random
Reply With Quote #20

I probably won't be able to get around to making that for a few more days. I'll post back here when I find something.