Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mev
Old 09-27-2011 , 02:40   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Almost done. I'm seeing whether or not I can nerf scout knockback so that useless scouts will die easily, but useful scouts (e.g. pro scouts) can deal a lot of damage fairly quickly, and keep Hale from getting the rest of the team.

To anybody desiring to take Mev's path, 1.367 is still up at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9948007/VSH_1.367.zip

For a pending changelog, probably this:
Keeping the Medic "I am Charged!" line when the medic builds uber to 100% via syringe gun or crossbow.
Modifying the team scramble if I can, for first round (but if I can't, I'm removing it. If teams aren't scrambled, the first round ends quickly (no teambalance!), resulting in less chance of a derp-fight between two scouts while everyone waits for the round to end.
Keeping the Medic crossbow nerf (+100% damage instead of +150% damage)
Maybe keeping the powerjack effect.
Keeping the Vagineer saying "hurr", but also allowing "nope". You guys let me know what you'd rather have the vagineer say more often.
Bringing back Scout knockback (still at only 38% of normal knockback). It's low enough as it is, doesn't need to be completely removed.
The incredibly-vague "hale_noclass" command will be changed to "hale_classinfotoggle".
Making it so that the Medic doesn't yell "I'm charged!" while he's already ubering somebody.
Definitely not using that stun thing for the Short Circuit.
Not having issue with your previous versions, i'll just wait for this one Cheers
http://www.sevensinsgaming.com/forum/
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2011 , 21:55   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Me want new "Freaks". Yeah I agree just release a stable "final" VSH. People will have to suck it up or change things on their own when it comes to weapons/fine tweaking/balancing etc.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2011 , 00:54   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Hey, instead of the Battalion's Backup being replaced with the Shotgun, I was thinking of making it the "Pocket Protector". It's a custom backup that builds rage via HEALING (like, being healed), and its rage grants minicrits, but whoever has that buff can't be healed. Thoughts?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
mehmetali
Old 09-28-2011 , 05:56   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I thought of something, maybe add the new versions

So, If first round default arena = all players fight with melee weapons in first round.

Because, after the death of all the players and remains the end of two engineers in the base (one red one blue and building sentry vs) all players wait for two engineers. takes 5-10 minutes to finish the round..

I searching the first round only melee plugin in forum, but not finding

sorry my bad english
x6herbius
Old 09-28-2011 , 07:50   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmetali View Post
I thought of something, maybe add the new versions

So, If first round default arena = all players fight with melee weapons in first round.

Because, after the death of all the players and remains the end of two engineers in the base (one red one blue and building sentry vs) all players wait for two engineers. takes 5-10 minutes to finish the round..

I searching the first round only melee plugin in forum, but not finding

sorry my bad english
I'm a fan of melee rounds, so that sounds pretty good to me.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-28-2011 , 09:09   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Getting kind of tired of my players deciding to hold up the round for 15-20 minutes when there's like 3-4 people left just to do like a dance party while other people are waiting to play. Any ideas how to stop this? I know it's all in good fun but people keep complaining and i can't be on 24/7. lol
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2011 , 09:11   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

yeah i was looking for a "voteslay/votefreeze" but only with xx players left. i know there are some plugins out there, but not really found something that hits the spot.
Old 09-28-2011 , 09:55   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Hello

Can someone please tell me how I would turn off waiting for players so I don't have to wait for another the server before I can play.

[GA] Metal of Steel
Creator and Developer
www.gamingaustralia-clan.com
Taz532
Old 09-28-2011 , 15:27   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Getting kind of tired of my players deciding to hold up the round for 15-20 minutes when there's like 3-4 people left just to do like a dance party while other people are waiting to play. Any ideas how to stop this? I know it's all in good fun but people keep complaining and i can't be on 24/7. lol
Ban them.

Seriously, it pisses me off; that's what I do. I can't think of anything to actually implement to prevent it. Civilian prevention still doesn't work, though that's fixable but the fix kinda screws people over if hale gets to your spawn quick enough. As for the other nonsense, sandvich spamming seems to be popular, that could be countered but otherwise there really isn't a foolproof way of filtering out the nuisances.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2011 , 17:06   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I'll try having a timer so that either everyone just dies after a set time, or everyone dies after everyone's in-game.
I can also easily fix civilian, but so many people seem to love it.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Closed Thread