8% 

[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead

Post New Thread Reply   

dcx2
Old 11-08-2013 , 10:42   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #141

SourceMod Version: 1.5.2-dev+3931
Metamod:Source version 1.10.0-dev

(although this plugin has worked since SM1.4 and MM1.9, which is what I was using when it was written)

I don't see how my version could do anything funny. All I do is turn some cvars on and off at appropriate times. Unless you can give me some details I can use to reproduce the issues you're having, I can't help you, because I have no problems at all.

Are you positive it's this plugin? You've removed it and your problems go away?

Last edited by dcx2; 11-08-2013 at 10:42.
StarWeaver
Old 04-07-2014 , 14:24   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #142

Hmm, I get significantly different results using the compiled download and compiling it myself, for 1.5.6. The compiled download causes map resets a bit into each new map after a changelevel or saferoom transition. The self-compiled version causes the "spawning outside the saferoom with the transfered pickups up in the air or similar crazyness" problems.

I'm currently running:

mmsource-1.11.0-hg909-windows.zip
sourcemod-1.6.0-hg4278-windows.zip

Which I had to get for NMRIH (stable didn't work) so I just plopped along with for l4d2 as well...

Huh, I tried the post #66 solution on this confiuragion with the compiled download and it seems to be working fine for me o.o.

Maybe people are having different problems on different versions of sourcemod?

(Oh, and I did bisect test and isolate this mod as the source of all the problems i've tested. Well, I haven't checked for incompatabilities with other plugins with the self-compiled version yet... but its introduction is what caused the bizarre spawning locations.)

Last edited by StarWeaver; 04-07-2014 at 14:51.
LouisTakePILLz
Old 04-21-2014 , 16:20   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx2 View Post
SourceMod Version: 1.5.2-dev+3931
Metamod:Source version 1.10.0-dev

(although this plugin has worked since SM1.4 and MM1.9, which is what I was using when it was written)

I don't see how my version could do anything funny. All I do is turn some cvars on and off at appropriate times. Unless you can give me some details I can use to reproduce the issues you're having, I can't help you, because I have no problems at all.

Are you positive it's this plugin? You've removed it and your problems go away?
I encountered identical issues as those reported from other members; there is definitely a problem with your plugin.

After spending some time trying to find the culprit, I figured out the source of the issue:
  1. Deferred callbacks of Timer_DeathCheck are causing false positives during map transition, thus erroneously invoking scenario_end.
  2. Invoking scenario_end during a map transition will likely cause "offset issues" (relative to the map, a posteriori), however, the exact cause of this behavior is still unknown.
Anyhow, I've made and attached the rectified version to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_deathcheck.sp - 640 views - 6.0 KB)

Last edited by LouisTakePILLz; 04-21-2014 at 16:34.
dcx2
Old 04-21-2014 , 16:40   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #144

"My" plugin does not use scenario_end. That was chinagreenelvis' plugin. The one I wrote is in post #66

I'm glad to see someone delved further into what was causing the problem. I agree with you that scenario_end is the bad guy here. See post #135

Also note that my plugin solves *two* problems. The first is the "all dead glitch" that scenario_end was meant to work around (which scenario_end just created more glitches). The second glitch is that if the bots are in the safe room and a survivor dies, they will not close the door. My plugin works around that.
Old 04-21-2014 , 16:45   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
"My" plugin does not use scenario_end. That was chinagreenelvis' plugin. The one I wrote is in post #66

I'm glad to see someone delved further into what was causing the problem. I agree with you that scenario_end is the bad guy here. See post #135

Also note that my plugin solves *two* problems. The first is the "all dead glitch" that scenario_end was meant to work around (which scenario_end just created more glitches). The second glitch is that if the bots are in the safe room and a survivor dies, they will not close the door. My plugin works around that.
Ah, right, I had mistaken you for the OP.
dcx2
Old 04-21-2014 , 17:24   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #146

Quite alright sir.

I ask that you might consider trying my version out on your server in lieu of your own. I often recommend it to people when they complain about OP's version, and I can't remember if anyone has really confirmed whether mine is bug-free.

Also, my bad. OP's version does fix the "no humans glitch" where bots don't close the saferoom door. IIRC, he does it by leaving allow_all_bot_survivor_team 1 the whole time. I'm not sure if there are any unintended consequences with that.
Old 04-21-2014 , 19:32   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Quite alright sir.

I ask that you might consider trying my version out on your server in lieu of your own. I often recommend it to people when they complain about OP's version, and I can't remember if anyone has really confirmed whether mine is bug-free.

Also, my bad. OP's version does fix the "no humans glitch" where bots don't close the saferoom door. IIRC, he does it by leaving allow_all_bot_survivor_team 1 the whole time. I'm not sure if there are any unintended consequences with that.
Henceforth, I will be using your version instead of mine.
So far, there isn't any prominent bug; I will keep you updated if necessary.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 09-04-2014 , 15:29   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #148

ok so i originally used the first posts smx and had dead survivors after the second map loaded, i used dcx version from post 66 and after 2 maps, all players died and the map wouldnt end, i had to change maps to restart it...just letting u guyz know of a possible bug, i'm not sure it happens everytime all players die because it worked fine the first time i tested it...and im using the same plugins i originally tested it with.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 09-04-2014 at 15:31. Reason: edit
dcx2
Old 09-04-2014 , 17:02   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #149

Did you delete the old one?

Note that the smx on the first post is "cge_l4d2_deathcheck.smx" while the smx I posted in #66 is "l4d_2_deathcheck.smx". If you merely downloaded mine and tossed it into your plugins folder, then you're running both plugins.
Old 03-07-2015 , 11:27   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #150

Death Check needs to be updated, when everyone dies the map doesn't reset or anything is there a way to fix this? or can someone please make a fix ?