Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Melee Only

Post New Thread Reply   

jameless
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2011 , 19:36   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #101

I agree this is the best and least buggy melee around. Melee in console always works for us. But occassionally an admin will forget and do sm_melee and server crashes. We have no other plugin that uses melee in any way shape or form in its commands so I don't believe it's a plugin conflict. I could be wrong though.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-04-2011 , 21:26   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #102

jameless: This plugin does not register the command sm_melee so I don't know what/who's code you were running.

Another update: 0.2.8:
- Added translations as per the non-english gentleman's request.
- Changed the logic for determining allowable weapons during melee only. Provides better support for mods that change player's weapons.
- Added melee_jumper to set whether or not the rocket/sticky jumper should be allowed during melee only. It's defaulted to off right now.

So grab the new .smx but also make sure you have melee.phrases.txt in your translations/ folder.
Old 01-05-2011 , 04:34   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
jameless: This plugin does not register the command sm_melee so I don't know what/who's code you were running.

Another update: 0.2.8:
- Added translations as per the non-english gentleman's request.
- Changed the logic for determining allowable weapons during melee only. Provides better support for mods that change player's weapons.
- Added melee_jumper to set whether or not the rocket/sticky jumper should be allowed during melee only. It's defaulted to off right now.

So grab the new .smx but also make sure you have melee.phrases.txt in your translations/ folder.
Great uploading now will post back with any problems
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-05-2011 , 14:54   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #104

Fixed a bug with the translation message that popped up when an arena round is melee only. Just grab new melee.smx and melee.phrases.txt to fix this.
Old 01-05-2011 , 17:11   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #105

Used this for most of the day on full and empty no crashes thanx again and well done it is the best out there

{ASBO}Gaming
Yoda12999
Old 01-05-2011 , 21:53   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #106

Hey Pheadxdll, just making sure you dont forget the little people out there, like me, who use your plugin in their plugin! Best melee plugin out there with great support! Thanks for all you do!
cameltoe Joe
Old 01-08-2011 , 11:23   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltoe Joe View Post
Used this for most of the day on full and empty no crashes thanx again and well done it is the best out there
Has started crashing the servers again I hapend to use it in chat this morning for an event...after the dreaded updates. ruddy updates

{ASBO}Gaming
cameltoe Joe
Old 02-12-2011 , 06:34   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltoe Joe View Post
Has started crashing the servers again I hapend to use it in chat this morning for an event...after the dreaded updates. ruddy updates
I still have the same problem of it crashing severs intermittently I am at a total loss as to how I determine what plugin is conflicting with if any.

How it's used:
On trade servers people who have no weapons to use trade more, this is what made me install this plugin to begin with. When we began to host events some of which requires the removal of weapons, this is by far the best method of crowd control

I can find no pattern to the crashes, In that I mean that you can use it immediately and it will crash or you can be on a server for 2 days and it will crash, The only reoccuring pattern I can see is that it ALWAYS happens while either typing !melee in chat or using the menu

I had it in the server def .cfg melee 1 so it was active all of the time I changed it to disabled by default so that it was only activated when an admin or event required it, but still it crashed the server.
It is difficult to test by adding removing other plugins due to the timings between crashes. I have added my plugin list just in case there are known issues with plugins, This plugin is one of the most important plugins my admins use and when it works it's fantastic any help would be welcome

mm 1.85
sm 1.36

Quote:
[SM] Listing 43 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Admin loggin" (1.0) by vIr-Dan
05 "Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami
06 "AFK Manager" (3.3.0) by Rothgar
07 "Aim Names" (0. by -MCG-Retsam & Antithasys
08 "All On Blue" (1.1.0) by Luigi Thirty
09 "alltalk.smx"
10 "Anti-Flood" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "MOTD Backpack Enhanced" (1.0.5) by Bottiger, Munra
12 "Ban disconnected players" (1.03) by mad_hamster
13 "Basic Chat" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Basic Comm Control" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Basic Commands" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Basic Votes" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "Ban Spam Prevention/Unconnected Block" (1.0.0) by BlackOps7799
19 "Client Preferences" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
20 "TF2 Crits Toggle" (1.0.0) by Peter
21 "Fun Commands" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
22 "Fun Commands X" (1.9) by Spazman0 and Arg!
23 "Fun Votes" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
24 "gameME Plugin" (3.7) by TTS Oetzel & Goerz GmbH
25 "Deluxe Godmod" (1.1.0) by DarthNinja
26 "HLSW Info" (1.1) by Tsunami
27 "Player Commands" (1.3.4) by AlliedModders LLC
28 "Raffle" (0.9) by NuclearWatermelon
29 "Reserved Slots" (1.3.6) by AlliedModders LLC
30 "SaveChat" (SaveChat_1.2.1) by citkabuto
31 "Server Redirect" (1.1) by Brainstorm
32 "Server Redirect Ads" (1.1) by Brainstorm
33 "Server Redirect Commands" (1.1) by Brainstorm
34 "ShowText" (1.0.0) by Mammal
35 "Simple Chat Colors" (1.1.0) by Simple Plugins
36 "Show Players" (1.1.0) by AnIHiL
37 "Freeze All" (0.3) by retsam
38 "SourceBans" (1.4.7) by InterWave Studios Development Team
39 "Tag Protection" (1.21.mod4BoC) by InstantDeath
40 "TeamSwitch" (1.3) by MistaGee
41 "Tidy Chat" (0.4) by linux_lover
42 "Vote Mute/Vote Silence" (1.0.106P) by <eVa>Dog/AlliedModders LLC

{ASBO}Gaming

Last edited by cameltoe Joe; 02-12-2011 at 18:53.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2011 , 12:36   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #109

I don't know for sure but I would venture a guess and say that Weapon Blocker is causing your conflict. Perhaps someone has a melee weapon you've blocked equipped when you enable melee only so melee is forcing that weapon but weaponblocker is trying to block it causing an overflow. I would try blocking a particular melee weapon, equipping yourself with that wep, and then turn on melee and see if it crashes. Then I would try removing that restriction and turn melee on and see if it crashes. I might be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.
cameltoe Joe
Old 02-12-2011 , 18:47   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
I don't know for sure but I would venture a guess and say that Weapon Blocker is causing your conflict. Perhaps someone has a melee weapon you've blocked equipped when you enable melee only so melee is forcing that weapon but weaponblocker is trying to block it causing an overflow. I would try blocking a particular melee weapon, equipping yourself with that wep, and then turn on melee and see if it crashes. Then I would try removing that restriction and turn melee on and see if it crashes. I might be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.
my bad that is not the list i copy pasted the wrong one it is essentially the same with the exclusion of weapon blocker i only added that after i removed the melee due to the crashes addd to that I have tied many many different times to determine the fault but to no effect it even crashes when there are just default plugins my main problem is i use ALL of the plugins installed the only thing I haven't done is removed the default plugins I believe you need those for the stable running of servers or am I mistaken ?

{ASBO}Gaming