Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2012 , 13:15   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
I wanted fix some bugs, but to do this i will have to rewrite all code from zero. This plugin really is trash. Forget about it.
Even after applying Silver's fixes, the plugin still manages to wipe everyone's RPG level at random.
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2012 , 18:53   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I can't believe this has slipped by for so long. This is SourcePawn 101.

EDIT:
Many problems with < MaxClients and looping through clients without checking IsClientInGame(). An array is set to MAXPLAYERS+1 but it should be 2048 since that is the entity index range. (witch target thing).

The cvars will make linux servers fail to set all the cvars from all plugins. This seems to be a buffer problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
I wanted fix some bugs, but to do this i will have to rewrite all code from zero. This plugin really is trash. Forget about it.
it's only outdated. I have no time to reactivate this project for you, sry.
but silver got it ;)
T.n.K Ticket
Old 11-14-2012 , 05:23   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #193

Zipcore, congratulations for your plugin, I have used it on my server already has 8 months, and is the only plugin that saves the information of players without having to configure or MYSQL DATABASES, a plugin that beyond everything still has a store included. We need plugins like this, just put in the plugins folder and really works thank you.

Desfazer edições

Last edited by T.n.K Ticket; 11-14-2012 at 05:25. Reason: error
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2012 , 17:11   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #194

zipcore, have you considered updating your plugin to store by a more permanent method? Currently, you store by username, which is critically unsafe for the welfare of user data, as anyone can set a players name, connect, and go to town on a user. Perhaps storing by steam id would be better?
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2013 , 23:26   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
zipcore, have you considered updating your plugin to store by a more permanent method? Currently, you store by username, which is critically unsafe for the welfare of user data, as anyone can set a players name, connect, and go to town on a user. Perhaps storing by steam id would be better?
I don't support this plugin anymore, if I would do so, I have to rewrite the hole thing, because it was my first project and is bad coded

but I added a cvar for change the save to file methode to steamid:

// 0: Disable; 1: Saved by player's name; 2: Saved by player's SteamID // - // Default: "1" rpgkit_cfg_savetofile_mode "2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.n.K Ticket View Post
Zipcore, congratulations for your plugin, I have used it on my server already has 8 months, and is the only plugin that saves the information of players without having to configure or MYSQL DATABASES, a plugin that beyond everything still has a store included. We need plugins like this, just put in the plugins folder and really works thank you.

Desfazer edições
the only reason I didn't used sql for storing was: I didn't know how to today I know but I don't have any L4D server anymore

BTW: Idon't know why the f**k my plugin ever has bcome approved....and it's stilll xD

Please disapprove this Plugin! OR someone with L4D could please fix my bad coding. Also I have no time to do this, I'm working on some other awesome projects now.

Last edited by zipcore; 01-23-2013 at 23:37.
hsulace
Old 03-16-2013 , 07:22   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #196

Just wanted to say thank you to zipcore for creating this. This forms the core of my two servers (edited with different jobs of course), so thank you.
Pureshadow
Old 06-28-2013 , 13:24   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #197

We have been testing this plugin on a few servers. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to disable the reflect. Either just reflect or (shield + reflect). The reflect really promotes rushers and we wanna make it more team oriented.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2013 , 11:02   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #198

Use this with plugin BackPack (store unlimited items)

Backpack mod is unapproved http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=121373

How Do I increase the starting cash to 720? btw you got the $ the wrong way round 3 $ should read $3

Please add a cvar to disable buy menu for those who wish to use a separate buy menu plugin

Versus compatibility suggestion take away 1 level per incap and 5 levels on death

Show other players level in hint txt

It appears this plugin has been abandoned you also need a cvar for max level, infected should also level up in the same fashion with the same 13 jobs just with infected based names like baddass leader, or sith lord etc...

Last edited by RavenDan29; 07-11-2013 at 10:44.
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2013 , 04:07   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureshadow View Post
We have been testing this plugin on a few servers. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to disable the reflect. Either just reflect or (shield + reflect). The reflect really promotes rushers and we wanna make it more team oriented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
Use this with plugin BackPack (store unlimited items)

Backpack mod is unapproved http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=121373

How Do I increase the starting cash to 720? btw you got the $ the wrong way round 3 $ should read $3

Please add a cvar to disable buy menu for those who wish to use a separate buy menu plugin

Versus compatibility suggestion take away 1 level per incap and 5 levels on death

Show other players level in hint txt

It appears this plugin has been abandoned you also need a cvar for max level, infected should also level up in the same fashion with the same 13 jobs just with infected based names like baddass leader, or sith lord etc...
Battle-RPG 2.2.4: (09/11/13)
- added shield only option
- added a cvar to disable buy menu

eNjoYYY
Old 09-14-2013 , 07:43   Re: [L4D2] Battle-RPG (2.2.3)
Reply With Quote #200

needs a max level cvar

Infected should also level up in the same fashion with the same 13 jobs just with infected based names like baddass leader, or sith lord etc...

Couldn't find buy menu disable cvar in the .cfg file generated

Last edited by RavenDan29; 09-14-2013 at 10:02.