Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Modifying datatables to remove env_sprite scale limit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sappykun
Old 10-13-2021 , 22:39   Modifying datatables to remove env_sprite scale limit
Reply With Quote #1

As the title suggests, I want to remove the hard-coded scale limit for env_sprite entities to go above 64.
This is a maximum value that's defined in the entity's netprops, but the maximum is only initialized on the server when it's networked to the client, and I think it may be possible to remove this limit.

gubka did a similar modification of server datatables for CS:GO's HUD elements: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=314962
I was trying to copy what gubka did, but I am having troubles figuring out how he managed to get the server to recognize that the tables have changed and push updates accordingly.

I made my own gamedata file for the TF2 server/engine binaries. The signature and offsets for ServerClassInit<DT_Sprite::ignored> are correct, but I am not sure what offset gubka uses to send a new CRC value in SendTable_Init.

I am fairly new to server binary analysis in IDA. Would anybody be able to help me find the proper offset?

spritescale.sp is a small script I wrote that is essentially what I'm trying to accomplish.
Attached Files
File Type: txt spritescale.txt (1.5 KB, 112 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (spritescale.sp - 177 views - 797 Bytes)

Last edited by Sappykun; 10-17-2021 at 18:27.