Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.18.3, 2023-01-30)

Post New Thread Reply   

nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2019 , 20:28   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.7.1, 2019-03-21)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drixevel View Post
[...] do you know if there's a way to get a display name that can be used in menus and stuff from item definition indexes?
tl;dr: For menus in particular, not easily.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when it comes to GetEntityClassname, but there's two options for item names:

Might have to make my next project a threaded lazy localization parser extension as another choice.

Last edited by nosoop; 02-06-2021 at 21:43. Reason: bitbucket linkrot
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2019 , 04:01   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.9.0, 2019-04-04)
Reply With Quote #12

0.12.6 has been released with support for item qualities and rarities.
A previously pushed interim release also added support for getting the CTFItemSchema singleton and a way to translate attribute names to attribute definition indices.

The project is close to approaching feature parity with its predecessors; equip regions is the next thing to look into. They seem to use equip region indices and masks, but I'm not quite sure what defines an equipment conflict.

Considering switching to ComVer once the project hits 1.0.

Edit: Figured out most of it; expect a release in the next day or two. (I doubt most people care about anything past the item / attribute stuff, but since the other two plugins have done it previously, I guess I'll have to match.)

----

Only took 22.5 hours; 0.14.0 has been released with equip region support. I'm not too happy about this particular API implementation; voice your concerns if any before I push out the big "stable" release.

Last edited by nosoop; 04-12-2019 at 02:32.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2019 , 04:20   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.15.1, 2019-09-12)
Reply With Quote #13

0.15.1 has been released with the ability to get particle attribute IDs.

You can now not hardcode particle effects for your randomizers and taunts (except you kind of still have to, since the team-specific ones are distinct on the item server's side).
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2019 , 18:46   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.1, 2019-09-21)
Reply With Quote #14

0.16.1 has been released with support for getting a list of paintkit protodef indices, as well as obtaining the address of the CPaintKitDefinition struct and the protoscript object manager.
This release also adds native support for retrieving static rarities on items (dynamic rarities based on attributes aren't natively supported, and probably never will be, except for getting the paint kit tool from the protodef index).

Unfortunately, there aren't any natives for other paintkit protobuf properties -- there's a few that would be nice to access like internal name and tags, but since the server binary doesn't access those, I'll need a better understanding of how protobufs are laid out.

Might be time to revisit my weapon pickup responses plugin.

Last edited by nosoop; 09-21-2019 at 19:09.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2019 , 02:22   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.2, 2019-10-02)
Reply With Quote #15

0.16.2, now with item qualities being retrievable from item definitions. This marks the first release where the most important natives from both TF2II and TF2IDB have substitutes here.

Now that that's done, I've also released the code to a partial compatibility shim for TF2IDB and TF2ItemsInfo. This is currently intended for developers -- no prebuilt binaries are provided. It currently provides enough support to run the TF2II-dependent Bot Weapon Randomizer (with some modifications to use attribute preservation, since copying certain static attributes to runtime causes clients to crash).

It also supports all but the SQLite-querying portions of TF2IDB (the idea is to fully instantiate the database through Econ Data).

I don't have any personal incentive to work on the compatibility shim, so I'm hoping my release will encourage anyone that has existing plugins to fill out more of the natives and send in some pull requests, now that a decent amount of the groundwork is complete.

Last edited by nosoop; 10-04-2019 at 04:18.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2020 , 09:47   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.2, 2019-10-02)
Reply With Quote #16

I am absolutely horrified to announce that Econ Data now supports CS:GO.
There can be only one.

Here's the important details:
  1. Currently Linux only. Now supports Windows as well!
  2. Work is currently on the csgo branch of the repository. I'm not against merging the plugins, but with differing feature sets, it's tricky. Easier to gut TF2Econ into a separate plugin and get that up and running first. Might be easier to just maintain it as a separate plugin and organize the other .sp files, actually.
  3. Natives are separate, prefixed with CSGOEcon_.
  4. Current support includes basic item properties and basic attribute properties. There's also the KeyValues getter, which should get you any additional properties if you know what you're looking for. You can also get an ArrayList of all valid item definition indices. Getting attributes off of items is no different from TF2.
  5. Continued, free support from me isn't guaranteed. CS:GO isn't a game I frequently work with, and finding offsets on a symbol-less game that gets frequent updates makes it very unappealing to me (within the past month since I've started working on this, at least one offset changed).
    If someone wants to adopt the CS:GO branch and maintain / add new features to it in a separate fork, be my guest. The initial hard push of writing the initial version is already done; I just don't have any incentive to do upkeep.
Thanks, and have fun. Prebuilt binary below, source linked in that first bullet point.
Attached Files
File Type: smx csgo_econ_data.smx (19.7 KB, 173 views)
File Type: inc csgo_econ_data.inc (6.7 KB, 184 views)
File Type: txt csgo.econ_data.txt (6.4 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by nosoop; 02-08-2020 at 10:46.
manicogaming
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2020 , 21:05   Re: [TF2/CS:GO] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.2, 2019-10-02)
Reply With Quote #17

Is it possible to make it for Windows? Will it also be possible to set attributes?
Old 02-08-2020 , 00:45   Re: [TF2/CS:GO] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.2, 2019-10-02)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicogmaing View Post
Is it possible to make it for Windows?
Definitely possible. For completeness' sake, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicogmaing View Post
Will it also be possible to set attributes?
That is outside the scope of this plugin (this plugin is designed to replace tf2idb and tf2itemsinfo, not tf2attributes). Per my forum signature, you are welcome to contact me via forum messages if you'd like me to further investigate that.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2020 , 10:00   Re: [TF2/CS:GO] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.2, 2019-10-02)
Reply With Quote #19

Windows support has been added to the CS:GO branch. Had to spend some time setting up the server software.
I've confirmed that attribute retrieval and item lists work, so I'll just assume that nothing else (see: KeyValues) is broken.

Due to a few other calls being inlined on Windows, the plugin and gamedata both need to be updated to use functions that actually exist.

Binaries in previous post.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2020 , 09:23   Re: [TF2/CS:GO] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.16.2, 2019-10-02)
Reply With Quote #20

It's been sitting around in master for a while, but I figured I'd make a note of it and push out a build.

0.16.6 isn't 1.0 yet, but it is live. This is a maintenance release with minor improvements and bug fixes.
  • Fixed invalid item definitions returning the information for the special "default" definition.
  • TF2Econ_Get*DefinitionString functions now return a bool indicating whether or not the output buffer is empty. Saves a few keystrokes.
  • Added sizeof(static_attrib_t) gamedata. This is more of a change geared towards cross-game compatibility.
Worth reiterating: If you install the plugin, you'll need the new gamedata as well.