Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Current state of surf?

Post New Thread Reply   

hethox
Old 12-08-2019 , 16:35   Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys,

sadly it looks like surfing in CSGO is a dead thing? For a few days already, I'm trying to setup my own surf server. However, it all started with the issue, that nobody knew a good surf mod.

There used to be ckSurf, which has been deprecated/unapproved. I later on discovered some fork of that, but it wasn't properly working/supported either. Finally I discovered InfluxTimer, which is, once again, not even in active development/there seems nobody to be interested in it.

Furthermore I faced the issue, that on my server, on several maps I suddenly get stuck midair, which seems to be a game related issue. Someone (thanks Noora) recommended me this fix, however even that plugin is not available anymore.

Is surf dead? Can anyone suggest me something to get a properly running surf server?
ayrton09_arg
Old 12-08-2019 , 19:20   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hethox View Post
Hey guys,

sadly it looks like surfing in CSGO is a dead thing? For a few days already, I'm trying to setup my own surf server. However, it all started with the issue, that nobody knew a good surf mod.

There used to be ckSurf, which has been deprecated/unapproved. I later on discovered some fork of that, but it wasn't properly working/supported either. Finally I discovered InfluxTimer, which is, once again, not even in active development/there seems nobody to be interested in it.

Furthermore I faced the issue, that on my server, on several maps I suddenly get stuck midair, which seems to be a game related issue. Someone (thanks Noora) recommended me this fix, however even that plugin is not available anymore.

Is surf dead? Can anyone suggest me something to get a properly running surf server?

the real surf is the one that was played without plugin or anything
ttasdasda
Old 12-08-2019 , 19:40   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Use rngfix and run your server at 64 tick
hethox
Old 12-08-2019 , 21:23   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttasdasda View Post
Use rngfix and run your server at 64 tick
Thank you. That has fixed my movement issues. However, my timer seems not to be working. Can you recommend me a working one, without memory leaks?
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2019 , 00:45   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Thank you. That has fixed my movement issues. However, my timer seems not to be working. Can you recommend me a working one, without memory leaks?
not really, i got the same on this and on surftimer with the Memory Leaks, i ask St00ne if he'd close a few handles, he said if he had time

Here is an example picture

Try the plugin from him, I'm using it right now and I like it.: https://github.com/StAwN74/ckSurf-1.18kd-Release
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2019 , 03:25   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
However, my timer seems not to be working.
good luck getting any help when you tell us is what you wrote above
Old 12-09-2019 , 04:50   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
not really, i got the same on this and on surftimer with the Memory Leaks, i ask St00ne if he'd close a few handles, he said if he had time

Here is an example picture

Try the plugin from him, I'm using it right now and I like it.: https://github.com/StAwN74/ckSurf-1.18kd-Release
Thanks. I am using the fork from olokos right now and at least the server is running. However, I guess all the forks are just bad, since the original code seems to be spaghetti with these memory leaks, lol.
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2019 , 09:44   Re: Current state of surf?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Thanks. I am using the fork from olokos right now and at least the server is running. However, I guess all the forks are just bad, since the original code seems to be spaghetti with these memory leaks, lol.
I know, I used the SurfTimer before, but the problem with the SurfTimer was that the Replay Bot didn't work anymore for no reason. I had no problems with ckSurf until now...

And yes, the problem had also several users, I asked a few private friends who also use this, they have exactly the same problem with the replay bot ^^

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 12-09-2019 at 09:45.