Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

TheJokerx
Old 08-07-2011 , 16:25   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #391

it's the vpk that have to be updated...
Zombienator
Old 09-20-2011 , 21:55   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #392

Here's my updated version of the VPK file to unlock all melee weapons, simply put it into the addons folder overwriting the old one.
Updated to the newest Death Toll campaign.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip melee_weapon_unlock.zip (8.6 KB, 438 views)
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-06-2011 , 01:37   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #393

Can you update this one last time for Crash Course? Im talking about the melee_weapon_unlock.vpk

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2011 , 13:46   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #394

Here it is (I made it without testing, but should work)
Attached Files
File Type: zip melee_weapon_unlock.zip (8.7 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by Zombienator; 11-06-2011 at 13:50.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-09-2011 , 07:22   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #395

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO DOWNLOAD THESE FILES, I connect to the server and I see a black screen 1,2,5,10 minute
Old 11-09-2011 , 23:19   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO DOWNLOAD THESE FILES, I connect to the server and I see a black screen 1,2,5,10 minute
??
To get this working, all you have to do is to put melee_weapon_unlock.vpk file into left4dead2/left4dead2/addons folder, reboot server, and then there shouldn't be any issue at all, all melee weapons unlocked in every campaign!
Modded melee scripts contained in the .vpk file should being downloaded automatically, I used this plugin on my server for a long time as now, and all players are joining regularly. If you can't join, there must be some other problem.
Sourcemod plugin simply spawns all melee weapons at the spawn position, but without melee_weapon_unlock.vpk you can only use melees chosen by Valve for each campaign.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-24-2011 , 08:00   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #397

Hello all, its been awhile since i've been on, or played left 4 dead 2 for that matter. Anyways I see the modding community still goes strong. Maybe I can help with some feedback with the online version of Melee Weapons Unlock as far as the claws glitch, it was weird cuz when I first started using it I had the same problem. Dropping the knife or riot shield would turn them into claws. It seemed to me either a version of sourcemod or the plugin I uploaded no longer contained that glitch. But now that i've reinstalled everything. It seems to be happening all over again. At one point I had it fixed and working 100 percent. I will do some more major testing to see if I can recreate the fix for all of you...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-24-2011 , 10:14   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #398

Ok great news for everyone having issues with the knife and riot shield.
This is the new and improved working online all campaigns version. I recreated the original online version with the help of Zombienator's updated version with all campaigns. Just place MeleeWeaponUnlockV1.1.vpk in your addons folder. So far everything seems to work perfectly. Please let me know if you have any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MeleeWeaponUnlockV1.1.zip (8.9 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by MasterMind420; 12-24-2011 at 10:15. Reason: Text Edit
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-24-2011 , 17:00   Melee Weapons Unlock V2.0
Reply With Quote #399

Forget the last post, I have finally figured it out. Trying to merge the vpk files for the knife and riot shield into one vpk was causing the mod to glitch, graphical glitching while moving, as well as no icons for knife or riot shield, it utterly broke the unlocks. I have created 2 new vpk's. One for the scripts and the other for all campaigns. So now we have a perfectly working Melee Weapons Unlock, now with knife and riot shield working on all campaigns. Hopefully whoever uses this doesn't have any more glitching or issues.

The following zip file contains 2 vpk files and Melee in the Saferoom 207 as well as a config file that sets 2 knives & 2 Riot Shields to spawn at round start.

Please let me know if anyone has issues...
Attached Files
File Type: zip MeleeWeaponsUnlockV2.0.zip (17.8 KB, 225 views)

Last edited by MasterMind420; 12-24-2011 at 17:02. Reason: Add Zip File
januto
Old 12-24-2011 , 18:18   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #400

There is a bug with your modification Mastermind420, the character hands move or glitch weirdly, althought it spawned 2 knifes and 2 Riots in the saferoom. I used your last modification, not the first, so ye, don't aske me if I used the other

Edit: Well, I managed to spawn at every start a knife, BUT (lol there's always a but), it doesn't seems to spawn any Riot shield..When I reload plugins it says:

Quote:
Cbuf_AddText: buffer overflow
I'm still in shock on how well works "cloud Storage" to use as a fastDL, it opens customization world to devolopers..

Last edited by januto; 01-04-2012 at 09:49. Reason: advances