Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Replaces player ragdolls with ragdolls that are not tied to the player, and fade by a limit.
    Old 10-01-2020 , 09:00   [CS:S/CS:GO?] Simple Deathmatch Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a simple plugin I stitched together using parts of some of my private plugins.
    So far, the features feature converting the ragdolls, and controlling the amount of ragdolls that are active at a time.
    This plugin will auto-generate a config file for cvars as well.

This plugin turns the player ragdolls into ragdolls that share a limit that is not tied to any player, and will fade if they are beyond the limit.
    The general purpose is for you to have the visuals of ragdolls litter the battlefield.
    Use g_ragdoll_maxcount to up the number of ragdolls you can have at any time.
    NOTICE: I have not actually tested if g_ragdoll_maxcount works for servers too. For all I know, it might be a client-side ConVar.
    However, in CS:GO, g_ragdoll_maxcount is hidden. Use sm_cvar to set it.

Obsoleted by sm_dm_ragdolls_amount and sm_dm_ragdolls_amount_dx8. Use those instead.

-= ConVars =-

sm_dm_ragdolls_ragdoll_type [-1/1] = -1 = Off. 0 = NPC. 1 = Hostage. (WARNING: Hostage ragdolls can crash!)
    sm_dm_ragdolls_amount [0/31] = Number of ragdolls that must exist at a time.
    sm_dm_ragdolls_amount_dx8 [0/31] = Number of ragdolls that must exist at a time, for DirectX 8.0 or below.

-= Further Info =-
    - {FATAL BUG} Hostage ragdolls are prone to crashing in high-death-intensity situations.
    - In CS:GO, NPC ragdolls seem to violently crash into the ground as if attracted to a certain point of the map.
    - These ragdolls do not properly keep player velocity and will often mostly stop to a halt mid-air when the player dies.
    - This is semi-incompatible with plugins that expect the normal player ragdolls, such as [CS:S/HL2:DM] Delete/Dissolve/Exaggerate Ragdolls (v1.2.4)
    Mainly, applying effects after the ragdoll is spawned will not work, (dissolve) but applying effects before the ragdoll is spawned will work. (exaggeration)
    - {BUG} Using hostages for the ragdolls may sometimes result in hostage dots staying on the radar instead of disappearing after 1 second. Use with caution. Fixed via m_isRescued

-= Releases =-
    Code:
    Version 1.1.0
    - Fixed issue with NPC ragdolls not removing on round restart.
    - Added -1 mode to sm_dm_ragdolls_ragdoll_type, disabling the plugin's functionality.
    - Attempt to prevent overflow of temporary ragdoll entities from fast respawn rates in a tiny map.
    Version 1.0.8
    - Attempt to fix weird hostage duplicate ragdolls in CS:GO that lock the player in place when they try to USE them.
    Version 1.0.7
    - Added sm_dm_ragdolls_amount and sm_dm_ragdolls_amount_dx8 cvars.
    Version 1.0.6
    - Fixed hostage dots showing on radar.
    - Fixed hostage ragdolls teleporting to the ground.
    Version 1.0.5
    - Plugin now uses and generates a deathmatch_ragdolls.cfg config file for the single cvar available to change.
    Version 1.0.4
    - Added new ConVar sm_dm_ragdolls_ragdoll_type to use different ragdoll types from different entities:
    0 = NPC. 1 = Hostage (will be cleaned up, but will show up on radar)
    The hostage ragdoll type can be used if hostage dots located on newly-killed players showing up on radar isn't a concern.
    Version 1.0.3
    - Quick-tested in CS:GO, seemed to work fine, so I allowed it to load in CS:GO.
    Version 1.0.2
    - Reverted change from 1.0.1 upon it breaking some modifications onto the ragdolls from other plugins.
    Version 1.0.1
    - Used EventHookMode_Pre instead of EventHookMode_Post.
    Version 1.0.0
    - Initial release.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (deathmatch_ragdolls.sp - 467 views - 13.4 KB)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
    Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
    no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
    -search list-
    Modified Plugins:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 12-11-2021 at 10:11.
    Shadowysn
    Old 04-22-2021 , 06:07   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Simple Deathmatch Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #2

Updated to 1.0.7.
    Took advantage of the game_ragdoll_manager and added new ConVars to control the amount of ragdolls:
    sm_dm_ragdolls_amount
    sm_dm_ragdolls_amount_dx8

g_ragdoll_maxcount is now obsolete.
    Smesh
    Old 10-23-2021 , 15:24   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Simple Deathmatch Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #3

TeleportEntity doesn't affect at NPC ragdolls. Velocity of ragdolls always is 0 in movements.

Last edited by Smesh; 10-23-2021 at 16:37.
    Shadowysn
    Old 12-11-2021 , 03:02   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Simple Deathmatch Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smesh View Post
    TeleportEntity doesn't affect at NPC ragdolls. Velocity of ragdolls always is 0 in movements.
    I think I gave up on trying to give the NPC ragdolls velocity, so I left it there.
    8guawong
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 12-11-2021 , 04:54   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Simple Deathmatch Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #5

Just wondering what are some uses for this plugin?
    Why is it needed?
    Old 12-11-2021 , 10:18   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Simple Deathmatch Ragdolls
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
    Just wondering what are some uses for this plugin?
    Why is it needed?
    On second thought I should've put this in Fun Stuff.

I intended this for the fun purpose of corpses littering the map from deathmatches.
    The server will only have to deal with temporary scripted_target/hostage_entity instead of a cs_ragdoll tied to the player, but that's all it does for "optimization". (quote unquote)