Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Use Med-kit when only black & white

Post New Thread Reply   

Sunyata
Old 08-23-2020 , 10:49   [L4D] Use Med-kit when only black & white
Reply With Quote #1

Does anyone know is there's a plugin at this forum that can stop players from healing themselves with a med-kit when they still have good HP?

Instead, it would be better if such bad players could only be able to heal themselves when they are either 'black & white' or if their HP has fallen below a certain threshold. So for example, the player would be forced to use pills more often. However, players could still be allowed to heal themselves after their HP bar entered the red zone and had dropped to 40% or less - to where the player has become crippled - ie walking very slowly.

I get so annoyed with the noob/newbie players (wastefully) using their medkit when their HP bar is still in the green bar zone with HP value at 50% or lower, it's just such a waste of a kit, whereas they could be using pills more often instead, and keep the health-pack for when it's really needed - ie B&W or crippled.

Thoughts, suggestions, anyone?

EDIT: A L4D1 & L4D2 plugin has now been made for this request, link to plugin here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2715402

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-27-2020 at 05:02.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2020 , 17:17   Re: [L4D] Use Med-kit when only black & white
Reply With Quote #2

I don't remember any plugin that specific, I'm making one but I didn't release it yet, I gonna send you through PM for testing
Old 08-24-2020 , 17:28   Re: [L4D] Use Med-kit when only black & white
Reply With Quote #3

Quickly made this Plugin as of this request. Although currently only Left4Dead2 is supported.
There is quite a few differences in terms of code that changed between l4d1 and l4d2 that deals with checking whether healing is allowed or not.

Last edited by xerox8521; 08-24-2020 at 17:28.
Sunyata
Old 08-25-2020 , 03:31   Re: [L4D] Use Med-kit when only black & white
Reply With Quote #4

Hi xerox8521,

I just replied to your thread. Thanks for making the plugin, but for me personally, I don't play L4D2, so your plugin is of no use to me. But if you do get round to making a L4D1 version too, then I'd be pleased to see that one.

EDIT: Yippee! Now there is a L4D plugin. \0/ I'll update my opening post also with a link to it.

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-27-2020 at 04:59. Reason: edit note added