Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System (v29.39, 07-16-2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    The Anti-Speedrunner System provides various options for dealing with players that speedrun through campaigns and making sure survivors stick together!
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Unsupported by author
    Old 11-13-2017 , 20:07   [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System (v29.39, 07-16-2018)
    Reply With Quote #1

I no longer wish to support this plugin.

Use Silvers' plugin instead: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=322392

Requires a huge update. The latest version causes a lot of issues. Download at your own risk.

Introduction

One day I just got tired of seeing players run off on their own or in small groups because they're too impatient to work as a team. I searched for every efficient, effective, and working plugin to counter this issue. I wouldn't say that this is the best plugin to counter all forms of rushing, but it does a pretty awesome job at dealing with those pesky players. With that said, I hope you enjoy!

Purpose

The Anti-Speedrunner System provides various options for dealing with players that speedrun through campaigns and making sure survivors stick together!

Features

1. Automatic mode - Provides the option to run a timer at the start of each map to keep track of who is speedrunning.
    2. Admin commands - Provides a variety of commands to manipulate the different system options.
    3. Admin immunity - Provides the option to give admins with the generic flag or the "ass_override" command immunity.
    4. Admin menu - Provides a category on the admin menu for the plugin.
    5. Player immunity - Provides a command to give players temporary immunity per map.
    6. Finale exception - Provides the option to automatically disable all systems on finale maps.
    7. Count bots as players - Provides the option to decide whether bots are affected by the system.
    8. Tank detection - Provides the option to keep the plugin enabled/disabled during Tank fights.
    9. Failsafe function - Provides the option to keep the plugin enabled/disabled after a certain amount of survivors are incapacitated/revived.
    10. Supports multiple game modes - Provides the option to enable/disable the plugin in certain game modes.
    11. Custom configurations - Provides support for custom configurations, whether per difficulty, per map, per game mode, per day, or per player count.
    12. Lock/unlock convar values - Provides the option to temporarily lock/unlock convar values across map changes.
    13. Automatic config updater - Provides the ability to update the main config file when new convars are added.
    14. Menus - Provides menus for admin commands.
    15. Custom target list - Provides a menu list of players with similar names when one of them is targeted.
    16. Lock saferoom doors - Provides options for unlocking ending saferoom doors. If an invalid option or no option is chosen, the door immediately opens.
    17. Track speedrunners - Provides options for dealing with speedrunners. If an invalid option or no option is chosen, speedrunners will be warped back to the nearest teammate.
    18. Survivor and Infected target filters - Provides custom target filters. (Use @survivors for survivors and @infected for infected.)
    19. Log command usage - Provides the option to log command usage.
    20. Supports multiple languages - Provides support for translations. Click here to add support for your language! (I check everyday so I can update the translation file attached to this post, but you can private message me as well to make sure.)

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 07-17-2021 at 16:59.
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-13-2017 , 23:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #2

Version 2.0 is out!

Changes

1. Added cvars to enable/disable each system.
    2. Removed l4d_antispeedrunner_enable.
    3. Renamed all cvars.
    4. Fixed and cleaned some code.

Please redownload the plugin from the first post and delete your l4d_anti-speedrunner.cfg!

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 11-14-2017 at 16:59.
    eziosid
    Old 11-14-2017 , 00:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #3

i will try sir will be back .. in my 10vs10 windows 7 64bit server

update: work good i only try this in waterfront map i think it's work on all map

can you plz add countdown system like

if tank is alive------------ [Anti-tank] 200-sec remain to open door
    Normal time ------------- [DOOROPEN] in 60 -sec

this is really fun ..

Last edited by eziosid; 11-14-2017 at 01:24.
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-14-2017 , 02:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eziosid View Post
    i will try sir will be back .. in my 10vs10 windows 7 64bit server

update: work good i only try this in waterfront map i think it's work on all map

can you plz add countdown system like

if tank is alive------------ [Anti-tank] 200-sec remain to open door
    Normal time ------------- [DOOROPEN] in 60 -sec

this is really fun ..
    I think you're referring to this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2409095

I tried combining the Keyman system with this before but it didn't always work. Most of the time, the lockdown timer would be overridden. Due to that, I decided not to add those features.
    Old 11-14-2017 , 03:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #5

Version 3.0 is out!

Changes

1. Added 2 cvars to enable/disable Punishment and Teleportation systems during Tank fights.
    2. Renamed a few cvars.
    3. Fixed and cleaned some code.

Please redownload the plugin from the first post and delete your l4d_anti-speedrunner.cfg!

NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 11-14-2017 , 07:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #6

Hey,

I'm not into these types of plugins because the balance at getting it right is extremely delicate but I'd like to offer a suggestion. Please never teleport real players to a bot. The other day I was playing with a friend that had a plugin similar to this and the campaign broke the bots nav. In other words, the bots would get stuck and it almost kept us from progressing because we kept getting teleported back to the stuck bots.

Also, adding all those spoiler tags in your main post is a bit much.
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-14-2017 , 10:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    Hey,

I'm not into these types of plugins because the balance at getting it right is extremely delicate but I'd like to offer a suggestion. Please never teleport real players to a bot. The other day I was playing with a friend that had a plugin similar to this and the campaign broke the bots nav. In other words, the bots would get stuck and it almost kept us from progressing because we kept getting teleported back to the stuck bots.

Also, adding all those spoiler tags in your main post is a bit much.
    I was thinking of scenarios like that last night so I am actually going to change how the Teleportation system works in the next update. There are other things that also needed to be changed anyway.

As for the spoiler tags, I just wanted to provide users drop-downs so that my post isn't so many feet long, though I do see what you mean by "a bit much."
    Old 11-14-2017 , 11:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
    I was thinking of scenarios like that last night so I am actually going to change how the Teleportation system works in the next update. There are other things that also needed to be changed anyway.

As for the spoiler tags, I just wanted to provide users drop-downs so that my post isn't so many feet long, though I do see what you mean by "a bit much."
    I wouldn't worry about making your post so many feet long, you break ctrl+f with the spoiler tag and it's unnecessary to have people work so hard at just getting an idea of what this is all about.

I personally think the best idea for a plugin like this is to offer players a way to call a vote on who gets teleported. There are many legitimate reasons why players will split up. I'll never forget the time we struggled our asses off and with the whole team down, it was either get to safety or die with the team. I got to the safe room, shut the door and bam, jockey on my head for running ahead. Everybody raged.

If I had to implement this, I'll do it like so
    • never offer a vote menu automatically (this becomes spam)
    • remind players to call a vote with !warp player (or anything similar)

The idea is, if the separation of a team is on purpose, no one gets offended, spammed key intercepts (menus) and everybody is happy. If players are detected to be separated, remind them about !warp. If 2 players both call warp at the same time and only 2 players can vote, maybe determine where the bots are/were before getting aggressive about it or simply don't do anything.

I'll be honest, this is a tough nut to crack. Good luck
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-14-2017 , 12:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #9

Thank you for the suggestions, I'm going to add a to-do list on the main post soon.
    Old 11-14-2017 , 16:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System
    Reply With Quote #10

Version 4.0 is out!

Changes

1. Added 2 cvars to enable/disable Punishment and Teleportation systems' announcements.
    2. Added a cvar to enable/disable Teleportation system affecting bots.
    3. Removed l4d_antispeedrunner_announce.
    4. Updated translation file to support the Punishment and Teleportation systems' announcements.

Please redownload everything from the first post and delete your l4d_anti-speedrunner.cfg!