Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

STEAM validation rejected

Post New Thread Reply   

vitor
Old 02-25-2009 , 19:29   STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys iam having a problem with my dedicated server from steam tools
i start it but when i start counet strike: condition zero it dont show up in the list even in the favorits than i open the console and type there connect and it ip when iam connecting it stops and appears that message

STEAM validation rejected

thx guys!

+ karma who answer and 2 times more karma if someone tells me too how i add karma
Send a message via MSN to vitor
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2009 , 19:46   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #2

The Dedicated server from steam tools cannot be run at the same time as an actual game on the same computer. This may be your problem.

You would have to have one computer run the server and then connect to it with another computer.

Hope this helps .

Add karma by clicking on the +|- button at the bottom of the post of the person you want to add karma. Be sure to select good or bad karma before you send it.
Old 02-25-2009 , 20:52   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The Dedicated server from steam tools cannot be run at the same time as an actual game on the same computer. This may be your problem.

You would have to have one computer run the server and then connect to it with another computer.
This is actually incorrect. I have lauched the Dedicated server app in the Steam Tools many times and I was successfully able to join the server (from the same computer I was running the server on) several times.

@ OP: Do some searching, you will be amazed at what Google will give you

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2009 , 21:56   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #4

I have a standalone dedicated server now so it's been quite some time since I've used the one in steam tools.

EDIT:

Just DLed the Dedicated server and it works like you said. I was told by someone else a long time ago .

Last edited by fysiks; 02-25-2009 at 22:13.
vitor
Old 03-01-2009 , 11:18   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #5

It was working just like yamikaitou said, i started dedicated server than counter strike condition zero and it worked perfectly and you guys didnt tell me how to make my server show up in the list and why when i add it to my favorits it appears but when i click to connect to it it syas that the server isnt responding
vitor
Old 03-01-2009 , 11:21   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #6

And yamikaitou if i posted it here its because i know that someone can really help otherwise i wouldnt
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2009 , 17:14   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitor View Post
It was working just like yamikaitou said, i started dedicated server than counter strike condition zero and it worked perfectly and you guys didnt tell me how to make my server show up in the list and why when i add it to my favorits it appears but when i click to connect to it it syas that the server isnt responding
When I start the dedicated server it does not show up in any list, anywhere. It let me "add" it to my favorites like you said but will it will not store the ip corrrectly (it stores 0.0.0.0) and that is why it says "not responding". So, it looks like you have to connect to it manually every time unless someone else has another solution.

Just type "connect 127.0.0.1:27015" in console or create an alias in your userconifg.cfg like so:

Code:
alias myserver "connect 127.0.0.1:27015"
then just type "myserver" in console and it will connect.

@Yami: When running my dedicated server (through steam tools) it will not let me launch my game through steam friends like I always do. Maybe that is why I said what I did.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-01-2009 at 17:21.
vitor
Old 03-02-2009 , 11:29   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #8

Yeah i do that by the console but when iam connecting it stops and says STEAM validation rejected
rufee
Old 03-04-2009 , 08:59   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #9

go to: Steam\steamapps\your nick\dedicated server
create a text file steam_appid.txt
write 10 in it save exit enjoy
Old 03-04-2009 , 09:17   Re: STEAM validation rejected
Reply With Quote #10

Code:
"C:\HLDS\hlds.exe" -console -game cstrike +map kz_longjumps2  +maxplayers 15 +ip 127.0.0.1  +port 27016 +exec server.cfg -update +sv_lan 0