Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Some users get "Huge errror square".

Post New Thread Reply   

thetimer197
Old 12-30-2018 , 16:19   Some users get "Huge errror square".
Reply With Quote #1

So i work for a big comunnity server. and we got this surf server where we added a new VIP system.
we Added 2 VIP skins for the VIP ONLY menu.. when we launched the system into the game and people started buying VIP'S from us, some users reported huge error boxes flying around the map. the figured out that the cause for the error is that some users console says that the vip skins are now downloaded.
it shows a green line saying downloading "skin x" and than a red line saying "error downloading x".
We do not know why only a few users experience this. while the majority of the server dosen't.

what do you think could cause this?
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2018 , 19:20   Re: Some users get "Huge errror square".
Reply With Quote #2

Setup a fastdl server if you don't have one and upload the files on there zipped into bz2 files so the clients can download the content if you haven't. Otherwise make sure all file paths are correct and the plugin properly precaches and adds the files to the downloads table properly.
greatblader
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-30-2018 , 21:53   Re: Some users get "Huge errror square".
Reply With Quote #3

I have this issue once too, it may be due to different model versions of that particular player skin when they enter other servers. What you can do is to tell your players to delete models and materials folders from their csgo game directory, and validate integrity of game cache and re-enter your servers to download the actual files your servers has.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-31-2018 , 13:33   Re: Some users get "Huge errror square".
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblader View Post
I have this issue once too, it may be due to different model versions of that particular player skin when they enter other servers. What you can do is to tell your players to delete models and materials folders from their csgo game directory, and validate integrity of game cache and re-enter your servers to download the actual files your servers has.
Would file inconsistencies cause a player kick? I know that's how it works in TF2 and I'm fairly certain CSGO has it setup like that as well with sv_consistency.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2018 , 13:55   Re: Some users get "Huge errror square".
Reply With Quote #5

I remember, "sv_consistency" is legacy cvar now and have no meaning after SteamPipe update.
And sv_pure system have change also, that check player files, match with server.
But it not check player files and kick immediatelly, also depend what sv_pure settings have set.

But seen error models tells -> server have precache model right but player not have that model in computer.