Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Game play where 5Ts rush B bomb site against 3CTs
    Old 01-02-2012 , 19:06   CSS BRush
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin was a request and there is an ES version of this plugin as well.

DESCRIPTION:
    With this plugin, the players are limited to a total of 8 players - 3CT and 5T.

The objective is for the Terrorists to RUSH B. This works with almost any de_ map where there are two clearly identified bomb sites (like how the default de_ maps are). This plugin will force drop the bomb if the T tries to plant at a site other than B. See below posts for complimenting plugins to this one.

Here's a Youtube Video showing you the action and how much fun this plugin will be.

In all rounds where the CTs win, the game continues as normal.

In all rounds where the Terrorists win, there is a team change. The three Terrorists who killed a CT in the winning round change sides with the CTs. If only 2 Terrorists killed the three CTs (or 1 Terrorist killed all three CTs), 1 (or 2) randomly selected Terrorists will be switched to the CT team. As of 0.0.1.1 a menu will be shown to that 1 Terrorist who killed 2+ CTs so they can choose who they want to bring over to the CT team.

This plugin acts like a PUG (pick up game) in that it waits for 8 players before it "lives" the round. I'll be adding to this plugin CVars for server admins to determine if it should run as a PUG or more like a lo3 (live on 3) where an admin (or designee) types a command to start the match.

With this plugin you can allow/deny grenades (smokers and flashes too) and AWPs - see the generated config file (or CVar list below).

Scores are only maintained if the CTs keep winning - once the Terrorists win, the scores are zero'd out. If there are less than 8 players the scores read something fun

When there are less than 8 players on the teams, the spectators are displayed a message telling them the game needs players. I'll be enhancing that with a menu displayed to the spectators and the first one to "buzz" in gets the slot. I was thinking about using a waiting list system, but we would run the risk of putting someone from spectate on a team who was AFK. Still thinking about this and any input would be appreciated

Right now, I don't know of any game ending event - it's just a fun, fast paced way to play CSS.

CVars - NEW as of 0.0.1.9

Optionals:
    Updater - if you want to have the plugin auto-update when updates are published. By default, this is disabled. You can enable this from the plugin's config file by changing the cvar sm_brush_useupdater to from "0" to "1"

Credits:
    The following people assisted with this plugin by the posts on this forum:
    KyleS
    Berni
    GoD-Tony
    exvel

To Do List:
    Since this is a beta release, I have a few things to do.
    - Add translation file - DONE v0.0.1.1
    - Add a way to handle spectators joining a team when a slot opens up
    - Add a team scrambler option for when the CTs win 8-10 times in a row DONE 0.0.1.1
    - Add different way to swap players when only 1-2 Ts kill the CTs DONE v0.0.1.1
    - Finish weapon restrict where you can configure how many of any of the grenades a player can carry. Optimized out, see next line
    --- You can use the ammo_hegrenade_max variable or THIS plugin to handle the number of grenades you want to allow the players to carry.

Known Issues:
    None that I could find during my testing, if you find something (which I know there will be issues), let me know via this thread and I'll address them ASAP.

Requests:
    If you have a feature request, let me know via this thread.

There was a request to have an enabled/disabled CVar - fulfilled in 0.0.1.5
    There was a request to have this plugin be able to work with bots - fulfilled in 0.0.1.5

INSTALLATION:
    Put the .smx file in your plugins folder and the translation files in your translation folder. After you change the map or restart your server, a config file will be created in your cfg/sourcemod folder named plugin.brush.cfg. Open it up and configure your plugin as you see fit, restart the map or server to apply the changes you make.

New as of 0.0.1.1 - Put the brush.phrases.txt file in your translations folder

You'll either have to download the .smx file or compile it yourself. The web compiler won't work due to the custom includes (which are SMLib, Colors, and Updater)

Version History and Changelog

** As of 0.0.2.2, a new phrase was added to the translation files - make sure you update those as well

** It is suggested that you backup your config file, delete it, and let the plugin create a new one for you - especially if you're upgrading to a version that has new CVars (like 0.0.2.2)

** NOTE **
    For 0.0.1.6+, place two files in your cstrike/cfg folder. One named brush.live.cfg and the other named brush.notlive.cfg. Put whatever settings you want in there and when BRush goes live (the first time) it will execute the commands in that file. When BRush goes not live (the first time) it will execute the not live config file.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip translations.zip (2.1 KB, 801 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (brush.sp - 773 views - 56.2 KB)
    File Type: smx brush.smx (25.1 KB, 573 views)

Last edited by RedSword; 01-08-2013 at 04:13. Reason: Update from 0.0.2.2 to 0.0.2.3; fb given
    Fearts
    ferts of daeth
    Old 01-02-2012 , 21:01   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #2

Saw this in the request section looks interesting. You should get some kind of reward for doing all these scripts for free, a lot people on there forums have their hands out most of the time.
    Old 01-02-2012 , 21:26   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #3

A great plugin to use alongside this one would be the Anti Rush plugin by Peace-Maker's. You can create zones that players cannot enter... you can use that plugin to alter any de_ map you want.

Maybe, I'll integrate that plugin's function into BRush... after I finish my other To Do items Nevermind - that plugin should just be used alongside this one

Last edited by TnTSCS; 01-02-2012 at 21:28.
    TnTSCS
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 01-02-2012 , 22:37   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #4

Here's a slightly modified version of Peace-Maker's Anti Rush plugin.

It just puts a CVar defaulted to OFF for the announcements to players at the start of each round.

You should have the following CVars if you're using the anti rush plugin with CSS BRush:
    Code:
    [SM] Listing 10 convars for: Anti Rush
      [Name]                           [Value]
      sm_antirush_adminimmunity	0
      sm_antirush_advertise		0
      sm_antirush_enable		1
      sm_antirush_fencecolor	255 0 0 255   <-- This can be whatever you want
      sm_antirush_lastmanrushing	0
      sm_antirush_norushtime	530
      sm_antirush_oneononerushing	0
      sm_antirush_punishment	2
      sm_antirush_showzones		1
    Also is a sample config for de_dust if you want to see it
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (antirush.sp - 1339 views - 66.2 KB)
    File Type: smx antirush.smx (28.9 KB, 524 views)
    File Type: cfg de_dust.cfg (322 Bytes, 628 views)
    PtxDK
    Old 01-03-2012 , 14:24   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #5

A little idea from me, then i play BRush most of the time we say that if a T kills more than one he must choose who he wants to be on CT with, just to make sure you understand right

If im T and kills 2 CT i go ct and choose one more to go to ct
    and if i kill all 3 ct's i choose the 2 more that comes on ct

You can add it as an option you can enable and disable, as we see there is alot of different ways to play this BRush

Send a message via Skype™ to PtxDK
    musosoft
    Old 01-03-2012 , 15:51   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #6

Nice work, testing right now. Found a little mistake in plugin config.

Code:
    // Allow players to buy/use FlashBangs?
    // 1=yes
    // 0=no
    // -
    // Default: "0"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    sm_brush_smokes "0"
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-03-2012 , 17:13   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #7

Working on a port for AMXX. Good job on this.
    If you like my work, please
    Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
    TnTSCS
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 01-03-2012 , 19:08   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PtxDK View Post
    A little idea from me, then i play BRush most of the time we say that if a T kills more than one he must choose who he wants to be on CT with, just to make sure you understand right

If im T and kills 2 CT i go ct and choose one more to go to ct
    and if i kill all 3 ct's i choose the 2 more that comes on ct

You can add it as an option you can enable and disable, as we see there is alot of different ways to play this BRush
    Yes, that is the most requested feature - I'll work on that first

One thing, does the game pause until the player who killed 2-3 CTs picks their teammate(s)? If so, only pause it for like 5-8 seconds or something so as to not slow down the game play, and if they fail to pick the player(s), then auto random pick?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by musosoft View Post
    Nice work, testing right now. Found a little mistake in plugin config.

Code:
    // Allow players to buy/use FlashBangs?
    // 1=yes
    // 0=no
    // -
    // Default: "0"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    sm_brush_smokes "0"
    I'll fix that, thanks for pointing it out (should be // Allow players to buy/use Smoke Grenades?). I'll roll that out with the menu portion mentioned above.

Last edited by TnTSCS; 01-03-2012 at 19:14.
    musosoft
    Old 01-03-2012 , 19:43   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #9

Plugin testing done: Ideas/Bugs found:
    • Option to execute custom config when brush starts & stops
    • Add command to set different freezetime for CT/T
    • Respawn player who rejoined player class
    • Remove round restart after teams are swapped
    • Take Auto Snipers as AWP in per team limiter

Last edited by musosoft; 01-03-2012 at 21:14.
    TnTSCS
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 01-03-2012 , 21:55   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by musosoft View Post
    Plugin testing done: Ideas/Bugs found:
    • Option to execute custom config when brush starts & stops
    • Add command to set different freezetime for CT/T
    • Respawn player who rejoined player class
    • Remove round restart after teams are swapped
    • Take Auto Snipers as AWP in per team limiter
    Good idea about different freezetimes for CT's an Ts

What do you mean about a player who rejoined player class? If a player chooses a different class than what was assigned to them during the team switch?

Not sure I know what you mean about removing the round restart after teams are swapped.

yes, I'll add AutoSnipers to be considered same as AWPS