Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

Hoddypeek
Old 09-08-2007 , 20:04   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1131

The end of map, map vote seems to be broken. 75% of the time the map that wins the vote is not the map that loads next. I'm not sure if it is just restarting the normal map cycle or continuing where it left off in the cycle (If it actually managed to load the voted map during the last vote cycle). This is with 1.5.0 build. The one after RC3 so I'm guessing final??

BTW I love the plugin otherwise.

Hoddy
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2007 , 10:38   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsAdmin View Post
Really? Did they block it? I'm using it for SourceMod.

The request is kind of weird, though. I play Garrys Mod and it's very useful. But Garry blocked it. So I got sourcemod, but I'm not happy with it. Seeing as it's more of a CSS type of mod.
Yes there is a client side cvar that blocks you from doing client execs. Some server side mods check the cvar and use a trick/exploit to change it on the client by showing a MOTD. I dont play garrysmod, so i have no idea whats usefull there ( garrymod may run on a older version of source engine that dont have this update). If there is spesifc commands you need added i could proberbly add those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddypeek View Post
The end of map, map vote seems to be broken. 75% of the time the map that wins the vote is not the map that loads next. I'm not sure if it is just restarting the normal map cycle or continuing where it left off in the cycle (If it actually managed to load the voted map during the last vote cycle). This is with 1.5.0 build. The one after RC3 so I'm guessing final??

BTW I love the plugin otherwise.

Hoddy
Do you know a way to reprduce it? If not il proberbly release a update that uses the internal task system for this isntead of teh current time system. Im assuing the mod is css ?
Old 09-09-2007 , 10:55   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1133

You are correct. It is a CSS server. I'm not sure exectly how to produce it because it seems quite random. Perhaps if I give you some information about my server it might help.

It is a server where 5 or so if my friends and I play against bots. Usually 10 bots on one team and us on the other with maybey one or two bots. The time limit per map is 25 mins and the win limit is set to 13. When we or the bots (god forbid) get to 11 wins of the 13 your plugin will kick off the map vote. This usually happens about 15 - 20 min into the map.

I hope this helps.

Hoddy
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2007 , 13:37   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1134

Before this happens check if its related to winlimit? From looking at the code it seems the bug may be related when the mapchange happens because of mp_winlimit
Old 09-10-2007 , 09:39   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1135

Yeah, still having the same issue that hoddypeek have ^^.
Linux Server, with CSS : DM.

Nextmap is selected, but map change to another one.
Hoddypeek
Old 09-10-2007 , 11:48   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1136

I will remove the winlimit setting from the server settings and just use timelimit to see if that is the issue and report back.

Thank you,

Hoddy
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2007 , 12:11   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddypeek View Post
I will remove the winlimit setting from the server settings and just use timelimit to see if that is the issue and report back.

Thank you,

Hoddy
good let me know, if you it fixes the bug. You can contact me on irc if you have time and you can get a 1.5.1 release to test also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1695 View Post
Yeah, still having the same issue that hoddypeek have ^^.
Linux Server, with CSS : DM.

Nextmap is selected, but map change to another one.
This was not a helpfull post, did you notice that we where talking about winlimit. So for this post to be helpfull it would need to contain information regarding winlimit or some other way of knowing what the bug is.
Old 09-11-2007 , 19:06   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1138

Sorry I'm late in replying. I tested the server with the winlimit removed and the plugin worked correctly for the first 4 map changes then it began to miss map again.

I would be happy to test the 1.5.1 release for you.

Hoddy
kuechenmessa
Old 09-13-2007 , 16:25   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1139

Hi EKS, can following be implemented...

A full silent (!!) switch of Admin to Spec.. maybe as additional Option in "Change Team Menu" or new command like
bat_investigate

Why? All of our Servers have mp_allowspectators 0

To create a Demo of a potentional Cheater the Admin has to move to Spec to view/record the "Delinquent" for a while...

When Admin changes mp_allowspectators to 1 through Menu Rcon for example and switches to Spec by own, BAT sends a huge Message to everyon, that Admin "XYZ" has changed this Variable...

When Admin moves himself to Spec through Menu "Change Team", also a huge BAT Message is displayed for everyone including the Cheater...

99% of all Cheaters/Nerds then stop cheating after such Messages, well knowing that they are now investigated for sure...

With that "true silent" Move a Demo is much much more useful, until a Cheater uses Scoreboard manually and recognizes that someone is Spectating... too late to stop cheating...

Last edited by kuechenmessa; 09-13-2007 at 16:27.
Dunno
Old 09-14-2007 , 10:26   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #1140

I am running an insurgency server with BAT.

I am sure it is a config. thing, hoping you can lend me a quick hand.

As soon as the map starts a votemap pops up. If everyone selects a diff. map then it will switch pretty much immediately.

I know the rnds work differently that CS or DOD. I am looking for a way to have a vote pop up every 20 minutes.