Grab+

Post New Thread Reply   

BlackMilk
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2007 , 06:04   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #11

Just tested it and it works, but erm...
I can only pick-up players?

With (attached) "old" jedi (force) grab plugin I can also grab the bomb pack, a planted c4, things like fake c4's, weapons, grenades, vehicles, everything!
(and yes, push, pull and throw too ofcourse) - but this one doesn't allow for that from what I've seen...
Jheshka
Old 10-14-2007 , 10:53   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMilk View Post
Just tested it and it works, but erm...
I can only pick-up players?

With (attached) "old" jedi (force) grab plugin I can also grab the bomb pack, a planted c4, things like fake c4's, weapons, grenades, vehicles, everything!
(and yes, push, pull and throw too ofcourse) - but this one doesn't allow for that from what I've seen...
You could grab a few entities with the old one? I didn't know that.
I knew there was a bug where if you +grab a window it can get messed up--Appearing tinted.
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2007 , 12:19   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #13

Well for the info I used AMX's Jedi Grab. (not the 'Ultimate' version though I had it downloaded).
ian.cammarata
Old 10-14-2007 , 13:46   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Just a quick idea, because you've used standard keys so well: how about a cvar (0 | 1 values) that sets the pull and push features depending on value?
For example when the cvar is set to 1, using mouse wheel (invprev and invnext or something?) would push or pull the player (but ONLY while grab is active), and when the cvar is set 0 (default), then the mouse wheel functions normally as switching weapons.
Good idea. I'll just add it so they both work, without the cvar. As far as using attack and attack2, I'm not gonna bother with that unless I get a bunch more requests for it.

[edit]Turns out the invprev/invnext commands are client side, so I can't hook them.[/edit]

Quote:
I had that before, but removed it cause I didn't realize there was anything that you could grab that didn't bug out. I'll put it back in.

[edit]I just went and looked at the ultimate jedi grab, had never seen it before. I'm not gonna make the entity grabbing in this plugin anywhere near as extensive as that, just going to add ability to grab bombs, weapons and hostages. (basically just point based entities, no brush entities)[/edit]

Last edited by ian.cammarata; 10-14-2007 at 18:58.
SchlumPF*
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2007 , 11:16   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #15

german translation
Code:
[de]
COULDNT = Spieler kann nicht gegrabbt werden.
ALREADY = Spieler wird bereits gegrabbed.
Send a message via ICQ to SchlumPF*
purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2007 , 11:57   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I never really use push and pull cos of the extra binds needed.
You do know you can bind one key to more than one thing, right?

Code:
bind mousewheel_up "invnext ; +push"
bind mousewheel_down "invprev ; + pull "
Or whatever.

There is no reason for a plugin to use existing commands instead of binds ... just double bind it.
(not aimed at you, cammarata, I think it's a great idea to accomodate muppets, I'm just saying the users who want this functionality are being dumb ;-) )
BlackMilk
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2007 , 03:18   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #17

Well I don't think I want to switch weapon (slots) while pushing or pulling a player, but if I change my mind I'll try that with the "old" jedi grab.
(if you noticed, that's the very reason I asked for the temporary change of binds, besides, what isn't a client side command? Loads of stuff gets used in plugins all the time like chat and firing, and dare I say switching to a certain weapon too)

Ian, please do update with the entity-grabbing soon!
ian.cammarata
Old 10-16-2007 , 03:49   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Well I don't think I want to switch weapon (slots) while pushing or pulling a player, but if I change my mind I'll try that with the "old" jedi grab.
(if you noticed, that's the very reason I asked for the temporary change of binds, besides, what isn't a client side command? Loads of stuff gets used in plugins all the time like chat and firing, and dare I say switching to a certain weapon too)

Ian, please do update with the entity-grabbing soon!
Entity grabbing is just about done, just gotta test it a lil.

As far as client side, chat, attack, and switching weapons isn't strictly client side, all that is sent to the server because it's needed for multiplayer, everyone in the game needs that info. But the only thing the inventory functions do is make icons pop up on your HUD, it's nothing that needs to waste bandwidth notifying the server, and as such, can't be hooked.
Old 10-16-2007 , 11:07   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.cammarata View Post
[edit]Turns out the invprev/invnext commands are client side, so I can't hook them.[/edit]
Perhaps you could hook invnext & invprev
Old 10-16-2007 , 11:24   Re: Grab+
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jheshka View Post
Perhaps you could hook invnext & invprev
Kinda dumb?

you quote this:
Originally Posted by ian.cammarata

Send a message via MSN to nellerbabz