Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2009 , 16:39   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #21

i don't think that it deserves -karma, but I do think this plugin is a bit on the extreme side.
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 17:12   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #22

I never said it wasn't.

In re: one of the Karma remarks, no this won't stop me from releasing plugins. Hopefully people won't think that a "very basic high ping kicker" plugin I am about to release is controversial but who knows these days.
Old 02-26-2009 , 17:34   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #23

First of all I would like to thank every one from the list who came here and signed up to nuke msleepers karma for his ridiculous plugin and insults to those who are the working shlubs as opposed to those who live solely on the interwebs setting rules as they see fit.

To msleeper no one said to not make plugins.... rather what has been said to you and you dont understand that this plugin is dumb. To ban people for going to a server to get their achievements is ridiculous. Perhaps you would rather they took up time in a regular server to do the same thing?

Whats really wrong with some friends getting together and grinding achievements? Are we not playing TF2 the way you think we should according to your rules? Can you show me the Tf2 manual where it says we cannot or should not do this to get the weapons? You were even trolling for a list of Id's of people who used the stupid unlocker for the weapons so they could be banned too. Here's an idea write yourself a plugin to filter out non vanilla players. That way you only get "pure" players who have never broken the laws of msleeper in tf2. They should be Grind free, default skins, default sounds and on and on and on. I dont know why when you call every one cheaters you expect good karma

On a different note Im sure you make fine plugins, this one is way off base imho, and telling people they are personally attacking you because they dont like your plugin is laughable
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 17:40   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #24

I think you're missing the point. Nobody is forcing you to use the plugin, or enforce the banlist I have up. I am being called self-righteous, but then being flamed and -Karma'd for something that nobody is being held at gun point to use.

If you don't like it, don't use it. End of story.
Old 02-26-2009 , 18:29   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #25

This is not some noble cause that warrants beating your own drum in a one-man parade.

What you're doing is the equivalent of a child offering to share their toys with another child, then taking them away and yelling "NO! You're not allowed to play with my toys anymore! And my friends all hate you too! Hey everyone! Isn't this person stupid! Don't ever play with him because he's stupid!"
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 18:49   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #26

You're free to think that. I think it is noble, and I think that if I had released this sooner - say, right after the Medic update - then maybe people would not have become as complacent with farming in the first place. Your example is bad too, by the way, because it implies that toys are bad. A better example would be posing as an underage girl and luring people to see you for sex, but then the police show up and bust you. If you weren't going to be doing something against the rules, you wouldn't have been there in the first place.

And, yet again, I need to reiterate that this plugin is designed for communities who feel similarly about farming. Farming may be a-okay on your servers, but on mine it earns you a ban.
Old 02-26-2009 , 19:11   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #27

As a side note, whenever a plugin approver decides to Approve or Decline this plugin, feel free to clean up any of the posts that may be breaking any forum rules.
Old 02-26-2009 , 19:20   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #28

I feel sorry for the scouts in your server that take the last point, or destroy a sentry gun.

lol, jk
Stop the madness..This is not SPARTA !!
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2009 , 20:51   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #29

Updated first post with debug command information.
Old 02-26-2009 , 23:55   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #30

I highly dislike the concept of this plugin. While I can't do much about that, I dislike even further two more concepts:
  • The fact that you are making a person's steamid public, which makes them out to be a hacker or a cheater (when in fact grinding isn't cheating).
  • The fact that I've heard people editing out any public cvars you have that could possibly allow your plugin to be detected. This means I can't even avoid your server if I wanted to. This is the exact reason why VALVe is hesitant on serverside mods. CrimsonGT sent a letter to Robin Walker, and this was one of the main key points. People actively hiding their plugins pisses off VALVe. I'll post a link to CrimsonGT's site when it's back up.
This is my 2 cents.

EDIT: Link --> http://www.tf2rocketarena.com/forums...?p=242#post242

EDIT2: Specifically Clause 5:

Quote:
5)We’re not against serverside mods in general, we’re just worried about players being able to find the game they want to play. Many serverside mods actively try to hide their existence from the players, especially in the server browser, and as a result, customers mail us complaining about how they have to join 10 servers before finding one that isn’t running a ruleset they weren’t expecting to find.

Last edited by your-name-here; 02-27-2009 at 00:04.