Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SVC_BAD & AY&SY error server fixes

Post New Thread Reply   

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2008 , 01:39   SVC_BAD & AY&SY error server fixes
Reply With Quote #1

[NOTE] There is no final and complete fix for this bug in HLDS due to the fact that server admins keep adding more and more plugins that require more txt,cfg and ini files in order to run them. if you can get rid of it and it doesn't come back for 30 to 60 days, Then you have fixed it for good until you start adding more files that need more ram then HLDS.exe can give and then the problem will come back.

[EDIT]march tenth 2008
Also add the command "sv_timeout 60" to you're server.cfg and you may even want to force "cl_timeout 60" on all of you're connecting clients. 65 is default but i've found that 50 to 60 is a good setting, And by forcing it, you can help other server admins who dont have this fix in their server.cfg.

SVC_BAD error bug, solved.

Ok well its been a whole year now since i had the svc_bad bug crop up and kick half the players on my server. Last night i cut the -zone value parameter in half from -zone 8192 too -zone 4096 and today it happend and kicked half my server.

I'm fairly confident that this is the cause and solution to this bitch of a bug.

Just add the "-zone 8192" to the end of your startup CMD line and you shouldn't have this problem any longer, No matter what .cfg or other text files are causing this, If you allocate enough -zone RAM from the heapsize it will fix it.

Just remember that the -zone parameter barrows RAM from the heapsize so know how much RAM your server uses and allocate accordingly.

I run with 1 gig of ram but now i'm thinking of adding one more gig just as an extra added measure.

This bug is also associated with the "FATAL ERROR (shutting down): SZ_GetSpace: Tried to write to an uninitialized sizebuf_t" BUG so it should fix both of them.

In closing, do anything you can to limit the size and amount of .cfg,ini and txt files your server has to access or serv to the clients including the MOTD.txt. And trim down the amount of charactors and number of lines in these files as well.
Remember the HL1 engine is so damn old and we are stretching it further and further with every plugin/script we add.

I'm sure if you use both the MOTD fix i posted and the -zone fix, That you wont see these bugs again.

I simply uploaded my motd.html to my web site and used the following code in the motd.txt on my server.

Code:
<html> 

<frameset cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0"> 
<frame src="http://www.mysite.com/motd/motd.html" name="frame_main" /> 
</frameset> 

</html>
I run a 32 slot dod 1.3 HLDS on Fedora core 5 with 60 plugins + shrikebot, running on 1000 sys_ticrate, pingboost 2, 100MB uplink, P4 3.2 gig, with 1 gig of ram. This is the only server on the box.

here is my startup CMD line,

screen ./hlds_run -game dod +ip **.**.**.*** +port 27015 +map dod_orange +maxplayers 31 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 03-11-2008 at 00:29. Reason: change topic title
jopzzeg
Old 02-14-2008 , 07:39   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #2

Nice jub!
Thanks!
Pamaliska
Old 02-14-2008 , 09:45   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #3

Testing it right now
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-14-2008 , 10:09   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #4

I stuck that in my Server Management Center
Old 02-14-2008 , 10:18   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #5

Back from testing: 32 slot zombie mod server, when it reached 25 it kicked clients with Error: server failed to transmit file 'AY&SYc?es'
Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 1.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-14-2008 , 10:31   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #6

I believe their is some issue with Zombie mod, i hear that it all the time....
Old 02-14-2008 , 10:51   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #7

does this thing fix the bug of using custom player models and getting svc_bad? i want to run zombie mod
s3r
Old 02-14-2008 , 10:58   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #8

This just increase the limit of server slots when players being kicked but it not solve this problem.
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-14-2008 , 10:58   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #9

I think if anything it will help. I dont think it will fix 100% of the issues, but most. Only thing you can do is try it and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3r
This just increase the limit of server slots when players being kicked
Did you not read the entirety of the post? Thats one of the many things to do.

Last edited by bmann_420; 02-14-2008 at 11:01.
Pamaliska
Old 02-14-2008 , 11:27   Re: SVC_BAD error SOLVED read it all.
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
does this thing fix the bug of using custom player models and getting svc_bad? i want to run zombie mod
The answer is NO, big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOO