Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Updater manifest generator (deploy your updates faster/easier)

Post New Thread Reply   

fakuivan
Old 06-03-2017 , 17:42   Updater manifest generator (deploy your updates faster/easier)
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
This is a small python (3.4 and up) script that generates the manifest files that GoD-Tony's updater parses each time it looks for updates. It should help scripters that use some kind if CI to deploy their plugins faster and avoid WET code because all file paths are generated based on the files inside ``sm_path`` and ``mod_path`.
Notes:
  • You'll need to install the vdf package for python, by running "pip install vdf".
  • Thanks to pathlib, Windows and POSIX paths are compatible, no need to worry about \ or /.
  • The "sourcemod" folder is ignored while searching files inside ``mod_path``. On code
  • Files inside the "scripting" folder are considered "source" files. On code
  • You can pass several strings to the ``notes`` argument, they'll be interpreted as a list. On code | Example input | Example output

Usage:
Usage

If you input someting like this you sould get something that looks like this.
Links:

You can find the script on my buildtools repo. I suggest you use it as a submodule on your plugin repo, like I did on TF2 Taunts TF2IDB.
I made this a long time ago but I never took the time to post it so here we are. I hope you find it useful.

Last edited by fakuivan; 06-14-2017 at 13:53.