Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.5 [4/21/11] (pRED*)

Post New Thread Reply   

Killer12201
Old 02-16-2009 , 15:26   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1001

You can open a .inl with Notepad if thats what your trying to ask?
Old 02-16-2009 , 20:24   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by {7~11} TROLL View Post
lol i know about the winzip and how to compile i was asking about the file in the zip lol

thanks
The .inl is an inline file, similar to an .inc (include file) except the inl is like an sma split up into parts. Just stick the folder with the inl's in the same location you use to compile the plugin's sma and it will compile.

As Killer12201 said you can open it with notepad just like an sma since it is just text.

Last edited by vittu; 02-16-2009 at 20:27.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Kont
Old 02-17-2009 , 02:25   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1003

hi, how to remove ranks+point etc which is under the crosshair? i want to remove from under crosshair?
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-17-2009 , 15:55   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kont View Post
hi, how to remove ranks+point etc which is under the crosshair? i want to remove from under crosshair?
Set bf2_hud_options to nothing like this:
bf2_hud_options ""
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Kont
Old 02-17-2009 , 20:42   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1005

Hi, I've tried that but nothing happens. So I've changed hud_centerid to 0. But this change applies just for me. That command not working. Players are very happy with this ranking system. Anyway, I want to ask few things.

1) When I give kills to player via Admin Menu, it gives 0 kills to player. Why 0? Can I change the value or what's default value? Also, I've tried it from console, of course it works fine, but it gives to another players too not only to the player. csstats 0 in my amxx.cfg, you know it means rank by name. But somehow I don't it's not by name. It's by IP or SteamID. My server is non-steam server. You know in non-steam server shows players' steamID as VALVE_LAN_ID. So where should I change to fix this?

2) I'm little confused in points or kills. How about the point calculations? I've resetted all stats. And first it works fine. Then for example, I got 20point then on the nextmap it's shown as I fragged 25kills and 2 badges added automatically. Or sometimes my frag is lowered and also the rank is lowered. When I finished my with Private First Class, on the nextmap I'm Private and my badges are added. If in every map change, the badges are automatically added then after 9-10 map I will collect all the badges. Also points system are not working perfect for each player then getting to highest rank is very possible thing.

3) After played 3-4 maps, new players are connected. But they don't start with Private, they start like the highest ranked player. Also I've never killed with AWP. But stats show that I've killed 35 kills with AWP.

4) Also in the mapend players are given medals. Of course that's very nice thing. Medals gives points but in the nextmap the points are not included in players stats.

Thanks

Last edited by Kont; 02-17-2009 at 21:45.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-17-2009 , 21:30   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1006

Quote:
Hi, I've tried that but nothing happens. So I've changed hud_centerid to 0. But this change applies just for me. That command not working.
Oh that... sorry I thought you meant the hud message not the player name (StatusText). bf2_hud_options does not affect that.

Few mods change that information instead of looping a hud message constantly that is hard to read and makes you lose other hud messages because only 4 channels can be displayed at any given time.

If I remove it where do you want that information? cause that info is kinda nice to have on screen while you are playing. And I don't remember how much of it is in the motd commands. If you just want it moved to the bottom left for everyone I did make a small plugin but it is forced on the clients, here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...977#post466977

---------
Also, sorry but I'm not gonna read the rest of your message unless you format it better cause that is just too crammed together.

Last edited by vittu; 02-17-2009 at 21:32.
Kont
Old 02-17-2009 , 21:45   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1007

thanks vittu. I've edited my previous message. please read it and answer please
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-18-2009 , 02:05   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1008

Quote:
1) When I give kills to player via Admin Menu, it gives 0 kills to player. Why 0? Can I change the value or what's default value? Also, I've tried it from console, of course it works fine, but it gives to another players too not only to the player. csstats 0 in my amxx.cfg, you know it means rank by name. But somehow I don't it's not by name. It's by IP or SteamID. My server is non-steam server. You know in non-steam server shows players' steamID as VALVE_LAN_ID. So where should I change to fix this?
I don't know if the admin menu to give things works or not, it may have broken with changes to how new menus work in amxx. I would suggest using the console command and you did that, but you have non-steam and herein lies the problem. There is no save by nick and the main post has no save IP option either so everyone is sharing the same data with the data being saved to steamid VALVE_LAN_ID. I did post a temp fix for save by IP for lan servers, but that works for steam lan servers whose users would have a steamid of STEAM_ID_LAN. I don't really have plans to make a save by nick option, but if it doesn't seem that hard an option to add I'll see about adding it. However, it will have to wait til i get control of this to update the main post. [I think gessu (if it was him that added it) spoiled you guys by making wc3ft save by nick so you just expect it with everything. Most of the time it's not added because it is just extra work and is insecure when a steamid (or ip for lan) could just be used instead.]

Q: Is your steamid VALVE_LAN_ID or VALVE_ID_LAN?

Quote:
2) I'm little confused in points or kills. How about the point calculations? I've resetted all stats. And first it works fine. Then for example, I got 20point then on the nextmap it's shown as I fragged 25kills and 2 badges added automatically. Or sometimes my frag is lowered and also the rank is lowered. When I finished my with Private First Class, on the nextmap I'm Private and my badges are added. If in every map change, the badges are automatically added then after 9-10 map I will collect all the badges. Also points system are not working perfect for each player then getting to highest rank is very possible thing.
Again this is a non-steam problem since saving is to the same steamid VALVE_LAN_ID, there is no separation of saved data.

Quote:
3) After played 3-4 maps, new players are connected. But they don't start with Private, they start like the highest ranked player. Also I've never killed with AWP. But stats show that I've killed 35 kills with AWP.
Again same non-steam save by steamid problem.

Quote:
4) Also in the mapend players are given medals. Of course that's very nice thing. Medals gives points but in the nextmap the points are not included in players stats.
From looking at the code medals don't give points, not sure why you are seeing them as if they are? However if they did, it would be because of the same non-steam save by steamid problem.

------------

All that being said please realize some things just may not work correctly because you run non-steam (could be things other than saving data). And I don't know if anything will break when I update code.
Kont
Old 02-18-2009 , 02:28   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1009

Hi, Thanks in reply. Actually, VALVE_ID_LAN. Does this really need the huge changes when editing the code for saving by name? Maybe you can use code snippets from other stats plugins by saving in name. Yes, I see. All the things are related to Steam thing. How could I make Steam Server? Should I need account or something? What about the players? Must they have Steam ID or Account thing? Thanks
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-18-2009 , 02:44   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #1010

Quote:
Hi, Thanks in reply. Actually, VALVE_ID_LAN. Does this really need the huge changes when editing the code for saving by name? Maybe you can use code snippets from other stats plugins by saving in name. Yes, I see. All the things are related to Steam thing. How could I make Steam Server? Should I need account or something? What about the players? Must they have Steam ID or Account thing? Thanks
I wish you would separate your questions a bit to make them easier to read.

I don't know how changing to saving by nick will effect things, I will have to make sure it works correctly before just posting it up (things like mysql saving will need extra code). I don't have time for it now but when i get a chance I will look into it.

This is not really the place to ask how to create a server (though there is that new forum section maybe that would be appropriate?). To just create a steam server you do not need a steam account (if it is a stand-alone dedicated server). And yes players would need a steam account (with games purchased on it) to play in a steam server. The client install (and update tool used to create a stand-alone dedicated server) is on the right side of the page here:
http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Last edited by vittu; 02-18-2009 at 02:47.