Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.19) [24-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2020 , 01:44   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
I've installed it correctly, once the cham is applied you see the charm in your screen, but the weapon disappears and is replaced by error boxes.

Another friend of mine tried to install and the same happened with him. I believe some models might be missing as well

Error downloading models/weapons/silvershot/viewmodels/v_shot_mag7.mdl.bz2
and other such gun models.
All weapon models are created automatically into the game server. Navigate to models/weapons/silvershot and you'll see a folder called viewmodels, extract it and upload it to the fastdl.
I have tested the plugin today but it has little weird details like Silver said in the first post, eg model fov and agent's arms, something like this:

Old 07-02-2020 , 05:17   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
I've installed it correctly, once the cham is applied you see the charm in your screen, but the weapon disappears and is replaced by error boxes.

Another friend of mine tried to install and the same happened with him. I believe some models might be missing as well

Error downloading models/weapons/silvershot/viewmodels/v_shot_mag7.mdl.bz2
and other such gun models.
I confirm a similar problem.
Send a message via Skype™ to September
September
Old 07-02-2020 , 05:28   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
All weapon models are created automatically into the game server. Navigate to models/weapons/silvershot and you'll see a folder called viewmodels, extract it and upload it to the fastdl.
I have tested the plugin today but it has little weird details like Silver said in the first post, eg model fov and agent's arms, something like this:

Yes, they downloaded. But the server still has an error.
Send a message via Skype™ to September
L1MPEEP
Old 07-02-2020 , 08:15   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #14

Why don’t you use another method that has fewer flaws, for example, creating a new weapon model with a new bone for the keychain, this method has fewer bugs
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-02-2020 , 09:16   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
Yes, they downloaded. But the server still has an error.
What other error are you getting? Only .bz2 missing errors? As NanoC said you have to copy and upload the /csgo/models/weapons/silvershot/viewmodels/ folder to your fastDL (this folder and files are only generated OnMapStart when the plugin first loads. Will clarify the install instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1MPEEP View Post
Why don’t you use another method that has fewer flaws, for example, creating a new weapon model with a new bone for the keychain, this method has fewer bugs
If you know how please share. All this has been attempted already, the bonemerged charm sits at the 90 FOV position. Also would require editing every weapon to add the new bone. This is the only way I got charms attaching either with bonemerge or SetParent attachment where they sit in the correct position, because they're stuck at the viewmodels 90 FOV position and don't respect the clients viewmodel_fov cvar. If a proper method is found I can get rid of all the clone/dupe/replica stuff. At least with SetParent attachment you can change the position for each charm and not be stuck with the bonemerged position or editing every weapon. Once a proper solution for attaching is discovered that doesn't make the objects sit at the 90 FOV position then sending renamed viewmodels won't be required either.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-02-2020 at 10:11.
L1MPEEP
Old 07-02-2020 , 11:12   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
What other error are you getting? Only .bz2 missing errors? As NanoC said you have to copy and upload the /csgo/models/weapons/silvershot/viewmodels/ folder to your fastDL (this folder and files are only generated OnMapStart when the plugin first loads. Will clarify the install instructions.

If you know how please share. All this has been attempted already, the bonemerged charm sits at the 90 FOV position. Also would require editing every weapon to add the new bone. This is the only way I got charms attaching either with bonemerge or SetParent attachment where they sit in the correct position, because they're stuck at the viewmodels 90 FOV position and don't respect the clients viewmodel_fov cvar. If a proper method is found I can get rid of all the clone/dupe/replica stuff. At least with SetParent attachment you can change the position for each charm and not be stuck with the bonemerged position or editing every weapon. Once a proper solution for attaching is discovered that doesn't make the objects sit at the 90 FOV position then sending renamed viewmodels won't be required either.

Well, the phoenix somehow did it this way, though yes, you need to add a bone to each weapon, otherwise it can’t be done normally.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-02-2020 , 13:05   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Well, the phoenix somehow did it this way, though yes, you need to add a bone to each weapon, otherwise it can’t be done normally.
Bone or attachment method I've tried and they do the same things, attaching at 90 FOV position. I don't know how Phoenix got it working, I've spent hours trying different methods and nothing worked. So this is the best it can be for now unless someone can figure out how to fix. Use the plugin or don't use the plugin that's your choice.
Old 07-02-2020 , 13:25   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.0) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Well Silvers is sharing his method with the community (even packaged in a ready to use plugin!) while other people are keeping theirs quiet to make a quick buck.

Rather than complaining, collaborate! That's the reason AM started as an open community - sadly its become heavily fragmented as people have become less generous with donations of time and money to content creators, driving them to privatise (and yes, greed too, on both sides in the wake of monetisation becoming a primary driver for running game servers rather than fun).
Old 07-02-2020 , 13:50   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [01-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Bone or attachment method I've tried and they do the same things, attaching at 90 FOV position. I don't know how Phoenix got it working, I've spent hours trying different methods and nothing worked. So this is the best it can be for now unless someone can figure out how to fix. Use the plugin or don't use the plugin that's your choice.

So no one seems to complain about the plugin, just a question arose, why not
Daniel Alexandru
Old 07-02-2020 , 18:27   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #20

Having the same problem with the error boxes,don't know what to do. Instead of the Charms are some big red error boxes,also the hands are white and having a weird fov.