Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"

Post New Thread Reply   

Nuckshock
Old 11-01-2019 , 13:42   No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #1

So I've installed VSH on my TF2 server and I've made it so users can download them through my server (Haven't set up FastDL because I don't have an Apache server yet) But some sounds like jump_response are "probably missing from disk/repository" when I see it in the console.

Also every model is a giant Error, but weirdly only sometimes. One time a friend of mine could see him fine but I couldn't. and one time I started up the server I could see them, but never again.

I've searched all over the place for answers and I can't find them, please help.
Batfoxkid
Old 11-01-2019 , 14:40   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #2

Check if both sounds/models are on the server and in your downloads.

If missing from the server:
- Place the sounds, materials, and models in the tf folder
- Restart the server or map

If missing from your downloads and files are on the server:
- Check if you have downloads disabled for models/sounds, enable them in TF2 settings (Multiplayer Tab)
Old 11-01-2019 , 14:47   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #3

No they're on the server, I have the files physically in my TF folder, everything is set up like it should be, but there are still just errors for the models and missing from disk errors for a few sound files.
Batfoxkid
Old 11-01-2019 , 17:18   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #4

Then it may be an issue with sv_pure, if you don't already you can try +sv_pure 0 in the command line
Old 11-01-2019 , 19:28   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #5

That's also not the problem, it is sv_pure 0, like I've done everything normally, it just doesn't work, and like I said, SOME sounds still work.
doroemon
Old 11-01-2019 , 21:28   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #6

Is single boss have missing sound problem or all boss have this problem?
JuegosPablo
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2019 , 23:07   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckshock View Post
So I've installed VSH on my TF2 server and I've made it so users can download them through my server (Haven't set up FastDL because I don't have an Apache server yet) But some sounds like jump_response are "probably missing from disk/repository" when I see it in the console.

Also every model is a giant Error, but weirdly only sometimes. One time a friend of mine could see him fine but I couldn't. and one time I started up the server I could see them, but never again.

I've searched all over the place for answers and I can't find them, please help.
First check sv_pure correctly
Second the Download url is important on a server (its neccesary to looks everything i made a server on my pc and it works fine later of add a download url)
My Discord: JuegosPablo#0568
Nuckshock
Old 11-02-2019 , 09:11   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #8

Every boss is missing their model and jump sounds for some reason, it was every sound before but now for some reason it's just the jump responses and some kill sounds for specific classes.

Also what would my download URL be when I just use the server for downloads? like I said, I don't have a fastDL webserver.
Nuckshock
Old 11-02-2019 , 10:16   Re: No models load and some sounds "probably missing from disk/repository"
Reply With Quote #9

Also, Whenever the server tries to load a boss model it spits out:
MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for error.mdl
MDLCache: Failed load of .VTX data for error.mdl

And everything is whitelisted as it should be, the server is set to sv_pure 0, the models and materials are in their respective folders. Yet it still loads the error.mdl model instead.