12% 

Advertising Bots

Post New Thread Reply   

edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 10-22-2017 , 03:35   Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #1

Hi!

Some people are Messaging me saying there's lots of Advertising Bots in their Servers, I tried creating an Anti-Ad for them but they said it works only on Real Players and not on Bots.. Nothing works against them. Any ideas? I know you will tell me not to support No-Steam servers but this is an enigma and I'm curious why it's impossible to mute these bots.

Last edited by edon1337; 11-04-2017 at 09:30. Reason: Code removed (paid plugin now).
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-22-2017 , 04:37   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #2

Block all the messages for bots. No one cares what they say.
Old 10-22-2017 , 04:48   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post
Block all the messages for bots. No one cares what they say.
1) They're bots with real player characteristics. They have a SteamID. So you can't tell whether they're SpamBots.
2) If you read my post carefully and look at my code you'll see that I've already tried blocking their messages through say and say_team.

Last edited by edon1337; 10-22-2017 at 04:48.
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2017 , 05:24   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
1) They're bots with real player characteristics. They have a SteamID. So you can't tell whether they're SpamBots.
2) If you read my post carefully and look at my code you'll see that I've already tried blocking their messages through say and say_team.
Ban their steamID then
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 10-22-2017 , 10:43   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron9forever View Post
Ban their steamID then
And again, if you looked at my code you'd see there's a ban option, the problem is that 'say' and 'say_chat' don't even get called when Bots are talking, so I'm unable to do anything against them. When I type 'Add Ip' in chat both kick and ban options work but it doesn't work when those SpamBots say it.

Last edited by edon1337; 10-22-2017 at 10:44.
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2017 , 11:10   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #6

It should be possible to block them.
I didn't look at your code because the best solution is to not allow them to join the server in the first place.
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2017 , 11:21   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
And again, if you looked at my code you'd see there's a ban option, the problem is that 'say' and 'say_chat' don't even get called when Bots are talking, so I'm unable to do anything against them. When I type 'Add Ip' in chat both kick and ban options work but it doesn't work when those SpamBots say it.
I'm just not advertising this shit here, since it's not allowed. I wrote a protection for xFakePlayers a while ago that was able to mute them just fine (first was with a captcha, sort of like the /chat plugin, later I replaced it with heuristics)

you say the bots resemble real players too much, how the hell can you say "say" isn't hooked then? You're just making a mistake somewhere and suffer from confirmation bias

anyways, so you don't say im just talking shit, and hoping I won't get banned for this, I'll just say that if you install everything that you should for your server then you wouldn't need such protections as the bots are filtered by modules
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.

Last edited by aron9forever; 10-22-2017 at 11:22.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 10-23-2017 , 05:24   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron9forever View Post
I'm just not advertising this shit here, since it's not allowed. I wrote a protection for xFakePlayers a while ago that was able to mute them just fine (first was with a captcha, sort of like the /chat plugin, later I replaced it with heuristics)

you say the bots resemble real players too much, how the hell can you say "say" isn't hooked then? You're just making a mistake somewhere and suffer from confirmation bias

anyways, so you don't say im just talking shit, and hoping I won't get banned for this, I'll just say that if you install everything that you should for your server then you wouldn't need such protections as the bots are filtered by modules
You seem mad, I never said you were talking 'sh*t'?! You just were talking no-sense. I see you have no idea what I'm talking about so just pass. Also it's not my server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedd View Post
It should be possible to block them.
I didn't look at your code because the best solution is to not allow them to join the server in the first place.
Should be possible. How to filter real Players from Spambots?

Last edited by edon1337; 10-23-2017 at 05:24.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-23-2017 , 06:15   Re: Advertising Bots
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
You seem mad, I never said you were talking 'sh*t'?! You just were talking no-sense. I see you have no idea what I'm talking about so just pass. Also it's not my server.

Should be possible. How to filter real Players from Spambots?
Do not allow them to join in the first place: remove dproto. Even if "say" is not triggered for fakeplayers it's not our problem.
End of story.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 10-23-2017 at 06:15.