Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Serching/Question] AMX Bann Menu

Post New Thread Reply   

romeo72
Old 10-16-2021 , 07:12   [Serching/Question] AMX Bann Menu
Reply With Quote #1

hello all,

i have a question. is there a simple ban mod/plugin for amxx mod (CS 1.6 Gameserver), where you can for example specify the reason why the player was banned. so that he sees when he reconnects why he was banned and to which email he must write ?
with simple i mean, use the normal ban button and enter the reason. the email address should be entered by default.

I already tried AMX SSBan. but somehow it's too much for me. and i can only control it from the console (amx_ssbanmenu) instead of the amx menu.

would be great if you could help me further!

best regards

Last edited by romeo72; 10-16-2021 at 07:34.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2021 , 15:13   Re: [Serching/Question] AMX Bann Menu
Reply With Quote #2

The SSBan plugin isn't a ban management plugin IIRC, it relies on some other ban system. Also, if a player is banned, using the server's built-in ban mechanism, they can't join the server at all so you can't show them a message. So, you'd have to look at other ban plugins that handle the bans themselves. There aren't that many out there so you should just look through them and see what features they offer. The only ones that I can think of are AMXBans and Advanced Bans.

In general, a ban management plugin isn't exactly a simple plugin so writing a whole new one probably isn't likely to happen. Modifying an existing one is more likely, IMO. A quick look at Advanced Bans source code looks like it does print data to the user before kicking them. So, check that one out and see if it's got most of the features you want. If it doesn't have something specific, it might be relatively easy to add something to it (especially if it's a static message/value like the aforementioned e-mail address).
Old 10-17-2021 , 12:52   Re: [Serching/Question] AMX Bann Menu
Reply With Quote #3

hi fysiks,

Thank you for your detailed answer and help! I'll look at the two suggested ones. maybe one of them is perfect.
otherwise I would contact me again to maybe insert a static email if that works !?

thanks again !!!

best regards