Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-07-2015 , 23:49   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
Ok, I did everything except #5, I don't get what ur saying, same thing with the feature request.
He is saying that his demo size says 0
Mine doesn't, but I also have an older release..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sbd.png
Views:	417
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	146409  
Old 07-07-2015 , 23:50   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Mine doesn't, but I also have an older release..
Oh, But mine works too. I never changed anything.

http://puu.sh/iRaE9/3ef8c00854.png

Last edited by Sarabveer; 07-07-2015 at 23:55.
IRQ
Old 07-08-2015 , 06:17   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Hi all!

I'm using 1.5.2F latest release and have some problems and suggestions.

1) Problem: sometimes I get "Invalid XML response from server" message. It looks like it happens when somebody with buggy nickname connects. Probably there should be some special XML characetrs escaping? Or delete unprintable and invalid XML characters.
2) Problem: "Admins on server" is alwasy 0 even if there is an admin on the server. I have 2 root admins but webpanel always shows 0 even if there is 1 root admin.
3) Time of ban/comm is 1 hour more than it was actually posted (i.e. 07.07.15 21:47). I have "(GMT +3:00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg" and my server is really in Moscow. I also tried to select FROM_UNIXTIME(created) from MySQL tables directly and it works fine, results are correct (07.07.15 20:47).
4) Players table does not change its' size on "Refresh" button if there are more players than this table can show. I have to refresh the whole page. It is also true for mapimage: if there are no players there is a "No players" message and no map image. But if sombebody connects I see him in the table but map image is shrinked to the height of the players table. I have to either reload the page or to switch tabs. This is only in IE11, I did not check other browsers.
5) Suggestion: add a serial number for player in the table. I use it just to see how many players are connected and how many of them are really in game. I added this column myself but I decided not to create a separate branch in Git to commit this small change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	305
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	146428  

Last edited by IRQ; 07-08-2015 at 06:19.
scso1502
Old 07-08-2015 , 07:26   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

@ Sarabveer

Quote:
Mine doesn't, but I also have an older release.
I figured this out and have a simple suggestion on how to fix it. The reason for it is because I didn't move over the old Demos folder to the new installation. I know that sounds like I'm stupid, but I didn't even think about it until I looked into it further and realized what I forgot. Updating your install instructions will help prevent that for others (See below instructions I wrote up after doing my upgrade). It's working as it should now.

Quote:
Ok, I did everything except #5, I don't get what ur saying.
What I meant by this is it would be nice to look at more of the blocks people than just the handful of the recent ones at the bottom of the SourceBans webpage. It would be a great option to be able to click a button somewhere and see the FULL list of blocked players who have tried to return and how often they try. Just a thought if it isn't hard to do.

I'd like to suggest the following changes to your install notes to help people not so familiar with SourceBans and how it works. Many of the folks here just barely get by being able to get things working so the following install notes will hopefully help them I think:

Install Instructions to upgrade from a previous version of SourceBans:

Website Upgrade Procedure:
1. Reset your existing SourceBans website theme to the default theme using your website's admin controls
2. Make backup copies of your existing SourceBans Web Folder and SourceBans MySQL Database
3. Rename your existing SourceBans web folder to a different name (eg: sourcebans_backup)
4. Create a new Sourcebans web folder using the same name as the old one.
5. Upload the contents of the supplied "web_upload" folder to the new web folder you just created
6. Set the file permissions on the folders per the SourceBans Install Manual (http://www.sourcebans.net/manual/)
7. Copy over your existing web /config.php file and web /Demos folder to your new web installation folder
8. Navigate to your new installation's "updater" web folder and execute the SourceBans updater (eg: http://yoursite/sourcebans/updater)
9. After the updater finishes, delete or rename the "updater" and "install" web folders on your new installation
10. Test our new site by going to it's home page

Game Server Upgrade Procedure:
1. Rename the sourcebans.cfg file in the supplied installation game_upload folder to sourcebans.bak so you don't overwrite your existing sourcebans.cfg file(s) when you upload the files to your game server(s)
2. Upload and overwrite the SourceBans related plugin files to your game server(s) using the ones supplied in the game_upload installation folder
3. Restart the server(s).
4. Review your server(s) SourceMod logs and confirm there are no SourceBans errors in the error log

Test your website and servers and good luck!

Thanks Sarabveer! Loving the new Sourcebans!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 07-08-2015 at 13:47.
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2015 , 11:17   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
@ Sarabveer

I figured this out and have a simple suggestion on how to fix it. The reason for it is because I didn't move over the old Demos folder to the new installation. I know that sounds like I'm stupid, but I didn't even think about it until I looked into it further and realized what I forgot. Updating your install instructions will help prevent that for others (See below instructions I wrote up after doing my upgrade). It's working as it should now.

What I meant by this is it would be nice to look at more of the blocks people than just the handful of the recent ones at the bottom of the SourceBans webpage. It would be a great option to be able to click a button somewhere and see the FULL list of blocked players who have tried to return and how often they try. Just a thought if it isn't hard to do.

I'd like to suggest the following changes to your install notes to help people not so familiar with SourceBans and how it works. Many of the folks here just barely get by being able to get things working so the following install notes will hopefully help them I think:

Install Instructions to upgrade from a previous version of SourceBans:

Website upgrade:
1. Reset your existing SourceBans website theme to the default theme using your website's admin controls
2. Make backup copies of your existing SourceBans Web Folder and SourceBans MySQL Database
3. Rename your existing SourceBans Webfolder to a different name (eg: sourcebans_backup)
4. Create a new Sourcebans webfolder using the same name as the old one.
5. Upload the contents of the supplied "web_upload" folder to the new web folder you just created
6. Set the file permissions on the folders per the SourceBans Install Manual (http://www.sourcebans.net/manual/)
7. Copy over your existing web /config.php file and web /Demos folder to your new web installation folder
8. Navigate to your new installation's "updater" web folder and execute the SourceBans updater (eg: http://yoursite/sourcebans/updater)
9. After the updater finishes, delete or rename the "updater" and "install" web folders on your new installation
10. Test our new site by going to it's home page

Game Server Upgrade:
1. Rename the sourcebans.cfg file in the supplied installation game_upload folder to sourcebans.bak so you don't overwrite your existing sourcebans.cfg file(s) when you upload the files to your game server(s)
2. Upload and overwrite the SourceBans related plugin files to your game server(s) using the ones supplied in the game_upload installation folder
3. Restart the server(s).
4. Review your server(s) SourceMod logs and confirm there are no SourceBans errors in the error log

Test your website and servers and good luck!

Thanks Sarabveer! Loving the new Sourcebans!
#ToMuchWork #NiggaIHaveALife
Old 07-08-2015 , 14:22   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Could you fix it?

Last edited by Sw33T3R; 07-08-2015 at 16:18.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2015 , 05:17   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

I've never used Sourcecomms before, will it automatically connect to the Sourcebans database if we do mute/gag? Or do you have to add the Sourcecomms database entries in databases.cfg

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 07-09-2015 at 05:19.
Sw33T3R
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2015 , 05:25   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw33T3R View Post
Could you fix it?
I forgot to add:
I have that error since new php update? (Few day's ago i did apt-get update and upgrade) (nginx user here)

Last edited by Sw33T3R; 07-09-2015 at 05:56.
scso1502
Old 07-09-2015 , 06:23   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

@Sw33T3R

I'd say contact NGINX with a support ticket. This clearly a web server related issue and the responsibility falls on them to resolve it. It may require them to reload the server's software for you or check some settings that aren't right. But the SourceBans software works on a correctly loaded and configured web server, and since this all began after an update on your web server, that's the first place to look.

Good luck.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net
IRQ
Old 07-09-2015 , 06:40   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
I've never used Sourcecomms before, will it automatically connect to the Sourcebans database if we do mute/gag? Or do you have to add the Sourcecomms database entries in databases.cfg
There is no Sourcecomms database, there is sb_comms table insourcebans database.
Closed Thread