Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 06-24-2006 , 03:59   AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

I'm very pleased to announce our new unified initiative, AlliedModders! Over the past eight months, Freecode and I have worked on the logistics of combining our major projects together. Today we have finally taken the first big step, and merged AMX Mod X, SourceMod, and SuperHero Mod into one bulletin board.

In the coming months we will be redoing our main sites to focus on an easy interface that binds all of the projects together. We are also using new forum software, vBulletin, carefully themed to look almost exactly phpBB2. You'll see we've expanded the layout of the various projects to be more accomodating, using vBulletin's handy sub-forum feature.

There are a few details you'll see are missing. I recommend everyone visit the new Site Issues forum. This is the new place to discuss site and forums features. You'll see stickies about what features are missing/broken, what's new, and what to do if your account broke from the import. You are also welcome to post site or forum problems here.

This was a huge undertaking on our part, and has been in our plans for over half a year. We're all very relieved to finally see it happen, and there are a few people I would like to personally thank:
  • Freecode - Without his help, AlliedModders would not have happened. The theme was quite time consuming on his part, especially when enduring nit-picking over silly details. I am genuinely impressed with how well it came out. He also ported our phpBB plugin system, oversaw the merge complications, and spent the past three days pulling all-nighters with me. My hat is off to Freecode. Thanks!
  • Brad - Responsible for the new and improved syntax highlighter integration.
  • TechConnect - Our soon-to-be-announced Source sponsor, who got us our shiny new webserver (located in TX, USA).
  • Lastly, thanks to twistedeuphoria and faluco who helped give input, report bugs, and do some tedious cleanup tasks.

We're all looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 07-04-2006 at 14:53.
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2006 , 04:16   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Awesome! It'll take me a little while to get used to this though. Good job to all of the people bail mentioned .. and bail!

Looks like you cleaned up the users or something 'cause my user id went from 4367 to 2782
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2006 , 04:20   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Well this is something everyone will say: Great job.

Other than that, at first looks pretty complicated but, I like how it has the subSilver scheme as mentioned to help people adjust.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
bLiNd
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2006 , 04:23   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

WHEE! 3rd post.

As others said good job and all. It looks strange at first but I'm sure everyone will be able to navigate around the boards smoothly in no time.

If you are coming from Shero forums and your passwords for the two sites were different, use your Shero password.

-bLiNd
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-24-2006 , 04:33   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Ok i just popped 2 pills for the headache. Like bail said. LONG PROCESS. Over 6 month long. I dunno how we were able to keep a secret that long

Anyways, i hope everybody settles in pretty quick and we can continue developing great product.
uTg | bigpapajiggs
Old 06-24-2006 , 05:09   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Looks good. Might take a little while to get used to the difference, but not too long ( I hope ;) ). Good job.
Dark Killer
Old 06-24-2006 , 05:24   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

I still don't get with this new forum...
But I think I will get with this later...
Old 06-24-2006 , 05:52   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

wtf?! karma?!
Old 06-24-2006 , 06:36   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.

Thank you very much for the hard work, I love this
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2006 , 07:47   Re: AlliedModders, New Unified Forums

Yay, job well done !