Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Changing the "exp save mode"

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

carbon14c
Old 08-19-2008 , 19:25   Changing the "exp save mode"

Hey guys, i recently installed a modifed SH mod i found here (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=59716) And i have a simple question:

I just want to know if there is a way to change the way the mod stores the exp for each client. currently i believe it is saving it by steamid.

This isnt good.. because im running the mod on a nonsteam server, so half the clients are "hltv" or "steam_id_lan". so every player that is not on steam, shares the same level... is there a way to store it by nick? (player name)

Edit: or better, maybe there is a way to code it so that it will save the exp for all players that have a steam_id, and for those on HLTV, it will revert to saving by nick?

Last edited by carbon14c; 08-19-2008 at 19:59.
yang
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2008 , 21:14   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

in the words of vittu, nonsteam is NOT SUPPORTED...

i feel like i'm backseat admining lol. bad yang
Old 08-19-2008 , 21:16   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

There is a way to do that. You can do something so that when lan players join, it will go to the internet, and check their steam ID, and then they will get a steam ID, and then it should save normal.

However, I don't really know how to do this, as I have never really had a need for it, sorry.

But I know that there is a thread somewhere on this forum regarding about the same, I don't know if there is an answer, or if the thread exists, just something I saw once. Try search and look for it ;)

Well, I can't help you further ^^

Send a message via MSN to FukfaCe
yang
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2008 , 00:39   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

if it's nonsteam how the hell do u get a steamid...
Old 08-20-2008 , 03:33   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

1.20 is just now on steam id isnt it? he old ones took ips. i think.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-20-2008 , 13:46   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

I'm removing that comment, you guys have no idea what non-steam is.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Atspulgs
Old 08-20-2008 , 23:17   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

well i suppose its cracked 1.6 (in this case) Therefor if you have non steam you cannot play in steam supported servers. but if you have steam you can actually play in both. lets take steam as a big network and everyone that has pass to this network is inside its caste. non steam is like unplugged from this system and isnt let in to the community. In this community you are given a special id (or like home address for you mailbox) so you can be found in this community. Non steam therefor doesnt have this address because they cannot live into the community and they are using whatever they have in this case ip.
Is this close to the truth.
carbon14c
Old 08-21-2008 , 20:16   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

Okay its getting a little off topic.

Anyways, i am fully aware that NonSteam is unsupported here... I still thought i would try since this is the home of the developers for this mod, and if anyone knew i figured it would be them.

I mean... the /top15 plugin for AMXX has an option to store players stats via nick.. i figured it would be a simple line inside the SH config, but i looked throught the whole thing like 10 times and i checked every other config to no avail :/

This is killing me >.< maybe i should just make it an Auto level 30 server.. gah idk.

I might end up removing the mod completely if i cant figure this out.

The fact that im only starting to learn C++ doesnt help.. because i cant write any plugins or anything that might be able to patch the problem
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-21-2008 , 20:43   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

Saving by nick is a very low priority for me, since it's insecure and the only people that really want it are those running non-steam servers. And I don't support non-steam servers neither does amxx obviously because it is not legal but more so for the reasons Bail stated here. I would have no idea the problems you get from running it, nor would I want to bother trying to figure them out. There's a whole discussion going on about non-steam that should even be there in AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released post.

SH saves by steam id, if no steam id or on lan it will automatically save by IP. That is all for now.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
carbon14c
Old 08-21-2008 , 20:53   Re: Changing the "exp save mode"

it DOES save by IP?

i have not seen that happen at all...

and i have never encountered an error while modding nonsteam servers with mods designed for "steam cstrike"

and not to start an argument, but my server is 100% steam updated. the "cracked" DLL is also the most recent release, it simply allows for clients without a steam_id to connect without seeing the "cd-key" error.