Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Zytheus
Old 09-12-2018 , 03:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Change this:

PHP Code:
switch (iDisplayHealth)
{
    case 
1PrintHintText(iSurvivor"%s %N"ST_PREFIXiTarget);
    case 
2PrintHintText(iSurvivor"%s %d HP"ST_PREFIXiHealth);
    case 
3PrintHintText(iSurvivor"%s %N (%d HP)"ST_PREFIXiTargetiHealth);

To this:

PHP Code:
switch (iDisplayHealth)
{
    case 
1PrintHintText(iSurvivor"%N"iTarget);
    case 
2PrintHintText(iSurvivor"%d HP"iHealth);
    case 
3PrintHintText(iSurvivor"%N (%d HP)"iTargetiHealth);

The speed in your replies is as admirable as always. Thanks!
Jerry_21
Old 09-15-2018 , 12:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #322

I presented an error in l4d1, very similar to the one I had in the lastboss plugin and is that when I put in spaw mode in 1 to burn it and when switching between tank types it dies suddenly, I think it is a problem with the fire since the tank fireprop is not really immune to fire since in fact it does harm. That's what I noticed when I tried it on l4d1
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2018 , 14:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_21 View Post
I presented an error in l4d1, very similar to the one I had in the lastboss plugin and is that when I put in spaw mode in 1 to burn it and when switching between tank types it dies suddenly, I think it is a problem with the fire since the tank fireprop is not really immune to fire since in fact it does harm. That's what I noticed when I tried it on l4d1
Yeah I just experienced it too. I'll start working on a fix.

EDIT: I tested on my server without the Super Tanks++ plugin or any other plugins that modify the Tank's damage input/output, and here's what happened:

1. When I set the Tank on fire, he takes damage for a few seconds. Then he suddenly stops taking damage and stays on fire. Eventually he dies because the game still detects him as on fire. However, when testing with a plugin that displays the Tank's current HP every second, it showed that he wasn't taking any damage from the fire. His health only decreased when I shot at him.
2. On Left 4 Dead 2, there are no issues.

I even removed the fire immunity stuff from ST++ and he still died with 5000+ HP after evolving. My theory is that when you encountered that bug, that was due to the game killing off the Tank right after he evolved into the next boss stage because ExtinguishEntity() either didn't extinguish the fire on time or it didn't register.

EDIT #2: I did some more testing and I confirmed that it's a game bug. I even reinstalled my game to see if it's on my end and it still happens. I also reinstalled my dedicated server and the results are the same. With or without SourceMod, the Tank stops taking fire damage when the molotov fire goes away, but is left burning so the engine kills it off after a few seconds.

I can't really classify this as a bug with ST++ because the bug occurs even without it.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 09-15-2018 at 17:33.
Jerry_21
Old 09-15-2018 , 21:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #324

Quote:

EDIT: I tested on my server without the Super Tanks++ plugin or any other plugins that modify the Tank's damage input/output, and here's what happened:

1. When I set the Tank on fire, he takes damage for a few seconds. Then he suddenly stops taking damage and stays on fire. Eventually he dies because the game still detects him as on fire. However, when testing with a plugin that displays the Tank's current HP every second, it showed that he wasn't taking any damage from the fire. His health only decreased when I shot at him.

I even removed the fire immunity stuff from ST++ and he still died with 5000+ HP after evolving. My theory is that when you encountered that bug, that was due to the game killing off the Tank right after he evolved into the next boss stage because ExtinguishEntity() either didn't extinguish the fire on time or it didn't register.

EDIT #2: I did some more testing and I confirmed that it's a game bug. I even reinstalled my game to see if it's on my end and it still happens. I also reinstalled my dedicated server and the results are the same. With or without SourceMod, the Tank stops taking fire damage when the molotov fire goes away, but is left burning so the engine kills it off after a few seconds.

I can't really classify this as a bug with ST++ because the bug occurs even without it.
I get it. In fact I had been told that it was a mistake of the game since that error also occurred when I was working on lastboss for l4d1, crevenge passed me these lines since I wanted immunity for the tank when it was on fire or when it was burned with molotovs but returning it totally immune to fire, it was not what I was looking for at the beginning since I wanted it to work in the same way as in l4d2 but it ended up convincing me. Step image.

Last edited by Jerry_21; 09-15-2018 at 21:56.
Jerry_21
Old 09-15-2018 , 21:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #325

Quote:

public void OnRoundStart(Event event, const char[] name, bool dontBroadcast)
{
CreateTimer(5.0, ChangeCVarDelay);
}

public Action ChangeCVarDelay(Handle timer)
{
ServerCommand("sm_cvar z_tank_burning_lifetime 15000");
ServerCommand("sm_cvar tank_burn_duration_expert 15000");
ServerCommand("sm_cvar tank_burn_duration_hard 15000");
ServerCommand("sm_cvar tank_burn_duration_normal 15000");
ServerCommand("sm_cvar tank_burn_duration_easy 15000");
ServerCommand("sm_cvar tank_stuck_time_suicide 500");

return Plugin_Stop;
}
simvolist777
Old 09-18-2018 , 10:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #326

Hello, Crasher_3637. I tried to launch your plug-in super tanks on a dedicated server Left 4 Dead 2 (sourcemod 1.9) such as a hard mod and a super cooperative on a Windows system (there are main effects on one server give plugin hardmod.smx, and on the other one plugin l4d2_supercoop.smx) But these server assemblies do not support your plugin. In one case, tanks have very low health when they appear, and in the other case they can not be killed - health does not decrease. The same type of tank with the same settings can appear very weak, and then vice versa, immortal. On which server assembly do you use the supertanks plugin?

Last edited by simvolist777; 09-18-2018 at 10:56.
Dominatez
Old 09-18-2018 , 16:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #327

Hey Crasher,

I am now getting this error.

[SM] Exception reported: Fatal error creating dynamic native!
[SM] Blaming: super_tanks++.smx
[SM] Call stack trace:
[SM] [0] CreateNative
[SM] [1] Line 39, super_tanks++.sp::AskPluginLoad2
[SM] Failed to load plugin "super_tanks++.smx": unexpected error 23 in AskPluginLoad callback.

Any ideas why this is happening ?
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2018 , 16:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvolist777 View Post
Hello, Crasher_3637. I tried to launch your plug-in super tanks on a dedicated server Left 4 Dead 2 (sourcemod 1.9) such as a hard mod and a super cooperative on a Windows system (there are main effects on one server give plugin hardmod.smx, and on the other one plugin l4d2_supercoop.smx) But these server assemblies do not support your plugin. In one case, tanks have very low health when they appear, and in the other case they can not be killed - health does not decrease. The same type of tank with the same settings can appear very weak, and then vice versa, immortal. On which server assembly do you use the supertanks plugin?
I'm not sure what exactly your issue is. Maybe you have a Super Tank that has the God ability or something.
Old 09-18-2018 , 16:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.40, 09-11-2018)
Reply With Quote #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatez View Post
Hey Crasher,

I am now getting this error.

[SM] Exception reported: Fatal error creating dynamic native!
[SM] Blaming: super_tanks++.smx
[SM] Call stack trace:
[SM] [0] CreateNative
[SM] [1] Line 39, super_tanks++.sp::AskPluginLoad2
[SM] Failed to load plugin "super_tanks++.smx": unexpected error 23 in AskPluginLoad callback.

Any ideas why this is happening ?
I don't know the exact cause for that error, so I don't know how to exactly fix it. The plugin shouldn't be failing to create one of the natives unless you have 2 copies of super_tanks++.smx installed.
Old 09-18-2018 , 22:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.41, 09-18-2018)
Reply With Quote #330

Version 8.41 is out!

Bug fixes

1. Fixed some abilities not accepting any 6+ digit values for damage settings.
2. Fixed the issue with the Shield ability not keeping the shield disabled when it's deactivated. (Thanks Mi.Cura for reporting!)

Changes

1. Removed the "[ST++]" prefix from the Super Tank health display.
2. Added a message for each ability. (Each message can be configured in the translation file.)
3. Added an "Ability Message" setting to toggle the messages for each ability.
4. Added a range feature for some abilities.
5. Added a new native: ST_TankName(int client, char[] buffer) - Returns a Tank's custom name.
6. Removed the ST_Spawn(int client) forward. (Use ST_Ability(int client) instead for more flexibility.)
7. Added the "Flash Interval" setting for the Flash ability.
8. The "Tank Note" setting now only accepts 0 and 1 as values.
9. Tank Notes must now be created inside the translation file.

Files

1. Updated config file with the new settings and modified some presets.
2. Updated include file to remove the ST_Spawn(int client) forward and add the new ST_TankName(int client, char[] buffer) native.
3. Updated translation file with the new messages and Tank Notes.