Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?

Post New Thread Reply   

mydas
Old 09-10-2006 , 11:51   How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #1

Like Poison Ivy is supposed to be immune to poisons. So I made a poison hero and I want it not to work on players that have Poison Ivy.

My heroes: SLAYER, Akasha, Achilles, Robo-Ky,Justice, Potemkin, Juggernaut, Mirage, Leviathan, Tyrael, Marduk, Omega Red
Send a message via Yahoo to mydas
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-10-2006 , 14:28   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #2

possible with the module

or you can rescript them together like my Pokemon Teams

PS: nice to see ya
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 09-10-2006 , 22:29   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #3

You can check out Blade when i release it though it would require editing Poison Ivy which I have to re-edit for Longshot anyway. But it would be a simple check like the one i made for Blade checking for Dracula (though in Blade it may look a bit strange). Will post it soon enough.

However, with the module there is a check you can use currently:
Code:
//Check if user has this hero
//1. Player ID
//2. Hero ID
native sh_check_hero(id, heroID);
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
mydas
Old 09-11-2006 , 04:49   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #4

something like get_user_info(id, "POISON", temp, 7) ?
thought about it, doesn't work.

ps. nice to see ya too, i'm back now (again)

My heroes: SLAYER, Akasha, Achilles, Robo-Ky,Justice, Potemkin, Juggernaut, Mirage, Leviathan, Tyrael, Marduk, Omega Red
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2006 , 12:43   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
However, with the module there is a check you can use currently:
Code:
//Check if user has this hero
//1. Player ID
//2. Hero ID
native sh_check_hero(id, heroID);
mydas
Old 09-15-2006 , 05:06   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #6

I bear no interest in the module. I just wanna know how can I find what I need to know using get_user_info(). So, can anyone help ? xD

Batman/Gorlag
Old 09-16-2006 , 04:21   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #7

In your poison ivy code you first have to set a user's info using set_user_info, like in this code in your hero_init:

Code:
//if the person has poison ivy's power set_user_info(id, "POISON", "1") //else if the person dropped poison ivy set_user_info(id, "POISON", "0")

Then in your hero, when you have to retrieve the info, all you have to do is something similar to this:

Code:
new temp[7] get_user_info(id, "POISON", temp, 6) new isPoisonIvy = str_to_num(temp) //This checks if the victim has been poisoned if(isPoisonIvy == 1){    //something happens } else if(isPoisonIvy == 0){    //person isn't Poison Ivy, do something else instead }

And yeah good to see you back.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 09-16-2006 , 04:50   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #8

No don't use set info, that's just bad... Should be removed from those others in favor of forwards.

Like I said before check Blade (and it's Dracula) - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30090
I gotta edit poison ivy at some point anyway.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
mydas
Old 09-16-2006 , 09:30   Re: How can a coder find out if the user has other heroes ?
Reply With Quote #9

Thank you very much, I'm checking it right now. First time I thought you were referring to the get/set info thingie. I will make a modified Poison Ivy for this, if it's ok with you ... but first I gotta understand what a "forward" is.