Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Bacon

Post New Thread Reply   

cool_myll
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2013 , 09:12   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #11

Can you make it so !mostbacon shows top 5 or 10 bacon masters?
Old 06-04-2013 , 11:02   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #12

Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-04-2013 , 13:52   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #13

Can we have a command which can show which servers are meat eaters and which are not ;)
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2013 , 03:11   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #14

Add tf2 style item messages for tf2 on recieving bacon.
Add tf2 style item messages when gifting bacon.
pvkii
Old 06-05-2013 , 09:05   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #15

!mostbacon doesn't seem to work: [SM] has the most bacon. (1) Also, make the possible delay between messages configurable, it's annoying, too long for me. But I love this plugin already please fix those bugs D
mukunda
Old 06-05-2013 , 23:59   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #16

Your wishes are my commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marverlous View Post
you should make it so that the player (or the whole server) will be notify in the chat when some one give them bacon, thank you
I have added the cvar sm_bacon_notify which can activate either of your desires!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_myll View Post
Hmm, yes I like this idea. And that term, Bacon Master. This feature didn't make it in 1.0.3b but it will for sure be in a future release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Thank you for your contribution. This is a very accurate visual of how clients receive their bacon. I have added this to the screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
Can we have a command which can show which servers are meat eaters and which are not ;)
Can you elaborate on how this would be determined? Technically the server only eats the bacon if the server administrator has to run the panic command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Add tf2 style item messages for tf2 on recieving bacon.
Add tf2 style item messages when gifting bacon.
I don't have any experience with the TF2 API. This sounds like a cool feature, but it also sounds like a potentially exploitable feature depending on how flashy item transactions are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkii View Post
!mostbacon doesn't seem to work: [SM] has the most bacon.
This is a very strange bug! I have doublechecked the code that caches the bacon recipient names, but I couldn't find the cause. That message comes directly after the database correctly yields a name for the bacon master. Can you check your SourceMod error logs and see if there are any errors containing Bacon?

Quote:
Also, make the possible delay between messages configurable, it's annoying, too long for me. But I love this plugin already please fix those bugs D
Excellent suggestion. I have added the sm_bacon_cooldown cvar to configure this delay.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2013 , 03:14   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukunda View Post

Can you elaborate on how this would be determined? Technically the server only eats the bacon if the server administrator has to run the panic command.

What I meant was a public value in the plugin. By typing this into gametracker etc, you can see the servers running this mod.
pvkii
Old 06-06-2013 , 04:38   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
This is a very strange bug! I have doublechecked the code that caches the bacon recipient names, but I couldn't find the cause. That message comes directly after the database correctly yields a name for the bacon master. Can you check your SourceMod error logs and see if there are any errors containing Bacon?
It's strange but I do not have any errors from the session where I tested your plugin. Is it possible that the bug is mod-specific? I would like to use it in Pirates, Vikings and Knight 2, it's a mod based on source2007 and orangebox. I tried to look at the code myself by searching for that "has the most bacon." string, but I couldn't find it, don't know why.
Quote:
Excellent suggestion. I have added the sm_bacon_cooldown cvar to configure this delay.
Awesome!

EDIT:
I think I found the problem of !mostbacon:

[IMG]http://**************/a/img29/3950/clipboard01pze.jpg[/IMG]

I looked at the database and it seems that he does not write the names of the clients in there. For whatever reason.

Last edited by pvkii; 06-06-2013 at 04:52.
cool_myll
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-06-2013 , 07:12   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Your wishes are my commands.

I have added the cvar sm_bacon_notify which can activate either of your desires!!
Thanks for the updates. I haven't check the messages yet but it will be nice if the messages are the same style as tf2.
Like this:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1553366

Last edited by cool_myll; 06-06-2013 at 07:14.
mukunda
Old 06-12-2013 , 11:18   Re: [ANY] Bacon
Reply With Quote #20

I'm pleased to annonuce that Bacon v1.1.0 has been released.

Quote:
Thanks for the updates. I haven't check the messages yet but it will be nice if the messages are the same style as tf2.
Like this:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1553366
"sm_bacon_notify 3" has been added to support such delicious user messages. Featuring color codes sampled from actual bacon!!

Quote:
This is now supported with sm_bacon_topcount which controls how many Bacon Masters are shown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
What I meant was a public value in the plugin. By typing this into gametracker etc, you can see the servers running this mod.
Public CVar serves_bacon has been added!

Quote:
It's strange but I do not have any errors from the session where I tested your plugin. Is it possible that the bug is mod-specific? I would like to use it in Pirates, Vikings and Knight 2, it's a mod based on source2007 and orangebox. I tried to look at the code myself by searching for that "has the most bacon." string, but I couldn't find it, don't know why.

EDIT:
I think I found the problem of !mostbacon:

[IMG]http://**************/a/img29/3950/clipboard01pze.jpg[/IMG]

I looked at the database and it seems that he does not write the names of the clients in there. For whatever reason.
I added a small change to the code that stores the name, hopefully it won't eat the text now.

Additional Notes

The database accessing code has been reworked slightly, and all bacon will be erased during this update. SourceMod 1.5 or later is required for Bacon to function now!