Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)

Post New Thread Reply   

xxlap1xx
Old 11-27-2011 , 21:18   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #21

Hi it's me again.. I'm just wondering if it's possible to set this plugin to copy the details of the target server only and not redirecting players to there.. Thanks
Sylwester
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2011 , 08:37   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #22

I don't know why would you need something like that. I could add such feature, but turning it on would require to turn off copying players and imitating map (it could still work, but you would have to install all maps from target server).
Old 11-28-2011 , 19:11   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylwester View Post
I don't know why would you need something like that. I could add such feature, but turning it on would require to turn off copying players and imitating map (it could still work, but you would have to install all maps from target server).
i see.. well that's fine then.. reason why i want this is just because i want the my fake server to copy other ppl's server details and redirect them to my servers.. but it's not a big deal tho.. didn't worth going thru all these hassles

thanks anyways.. it's a great plugin none the less!
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2011 , 19:14   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
i see.. well that's fine then.. reason why i want this is just because i want the my fake server to copy other ppl's server details and redirect them to my servers.. but it's not a big deal tho.. didn't worth going thru all these hassles

thanks anyways.. it's a great plugin none the less!
Wow that's not a dick move at all. Pretending your server is another persons server that is actually popular in order to get their population? That's just messed up.
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
xxlap1xx
Old 11-28-2011 , 22:43   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
Wow that's not a dick move at all. Pretending your server is another persons server that is actually popular in order to get their population? That's just messed up.
well.. i believe there are many pps out there had once thought of this idea, perhaps they''re even doing it.. players who joins the servers aren't blind, they'll know instantly when they're on the wrong server.. but they'll stay and play if they like the server..

and fyi, my plan was just to copy the player names of my target server.. i had no intention of copying the hostname and such.. my goal was just to have players with different played time when ppl views the detail of my server, but unfortunately they all stayed the same as i use fake client plugins..

making fake servers redirecting players around is already messed up, cz is pretty much ruined by servers like these.. why are you even here in kind of threads if you think yourself so not messed up?
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2011 , 23:07   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
well.. i believe there are many pps out there had once thought of this idea, perhaps they''re even doing it.. players who joins the servers aren't blind, they'll know instantly when they're on the wrong server.. but they'll stay and play if they like the server..

and fyi, my plan was just to copy the player names of my target server.. i had no intention of copying the hostname and such.. my goal was just to have players with different played time when ppl views the detail of my server, but unfortunately they all stayed the same as i use fake client plugins..

making fake servers redirecting players around is already messed up, cz is pretty much ruined by servers like these.. why are you even here in kind of threads if you think yourself so not messed up?
Because redirecting people because of fake servers is not the only reason to redirect players. If you upgrade one of your servers to make a better experience and gameplay for your clients, you are going to want them to not have to find your server all over again. You can keep your server up for a month or two, using a redirect plugin that redirects them to the new server, which they can then add to their favorites instead of the old server. This way, you can still keep your population without having to start from scratch.

Of course, many people use these type of plugins for bad reasons, such as creating 100 redirect servers that all redirect to one server in order to get it populated. That's not the point of these plugins.

I'm in this thread because I am an active member on these forums, and I look through most of the categories including Off Topic, Suggestions/Requests, Scripting Help, New Plugins, and Approved Plugins to see if I can help anybody there.
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
xxlap1xx
Old 11-29-2011 , 00:10   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
Because redirecting people because of fake servers is not the only reason to redirect players. If you upgrade one of your servers to make a better experience and gameplay for your clients, you are going to want them to not have to find your server all over again. You can keep your server up for a month or two, using a redirect plugin that redirects them to the new server, which they can then add to their favorites instead of the old server. This way, you can still keep your population without having to start from scratch.

Of course, many people use these type of plugins for bad reasons, such as creating 100 redirect servers that all redirect to one server in order to get it populated. That's not the point of these plugins.

I'm in this thread because I am an active member on these forums, and I look through most of the categories including Off Topic, Suggestions/Requests, Scripting Help, New Plugins, and Approved Plugins to see if I can help anybody there.
I do agree with you on how people "should" use this type of plugin (to a certain extent).. but im sorry, because in the real world (as you can see), everyone is abusing the feature of redirecting.

Since cz is so screwed up already, and the way i look at these plugins is no longer for the sake of transferring players from old servers to new, but to do whatever with it the admin can, to get their servers populated. Which i'm sure there are many more ppl out there are more "messed up" than i do. So why should i even bother thinking of using it dirty or not?

lets put it this way..
stock plugin = a robber with a gun
modded plugin (copy details only) = a robber with a gun and a knife

so no.. it does not make a difference to me

EDIT: i just found out that you're the one who helped me on my request.. i apologize for being so rude the whole time.. but i'm just telling the truth of how i look at these plugins, which leads to me to use it in a certain way.. but the fact is that cz is filled with too much fake servers already, nobody is going to realize your existent if you don't stick your head up. right??

Last edited by xxlap1xx; 11-29-2011 at 00:25.
Sylwester
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2011 , 02:31   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #28

Copying player details of another server will not help you, because this plugin can not copy played time (as stated in description).
Old 11-29-2011 , 03:46   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylwester View Post
Copying player details of another server will not help you, because this plugin can not copy played time (as stated in description).
yup.. oh well
Shad0wZ
Old 12-05-2011 , 11:06   Re: Duplicate Server Info (Redirect Server)
Reply With Quote #30

Shit is gay as fuck. Plugins like these are just plain faggotry.