Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] laser sight crosshair removal updated: 06/29

Post New Thread Reply   

Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2016 , 09:45   Re: [L4D2] laser sight crosshair removal updated: 06/29
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
I don't know what caused this problem but I think it has to do something with your settings or any changes you made. In the source code, you will find there's no FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE there.
Crosshair is 'now' (I think since some 2013 update) protected and can not be changed by the server. Hence it throws an error. This method, of changing crosshair to 0, does not work anymore.

I believe there was some community servers out there with bad admins on that changed player's crosshairs all silly nilly, along with glows. Thus Valve protected the commands.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 05-30-2016 at 09:47.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2016 , 23:34   Re: [L4D2] laser sight crosshair removal updated: 06/29
Reply With Quote #52

I find this quite ironic but if you're using custom models for the AWP sniper, the lasers show. Even if you're using World Weapon Models Fix addon, lasers still don't show. (Current addon I'm using: AWP | Hyper Beast Skin, I don't know if other addons work)
phoenix0001
Old 02-06-2017 , 06:47   Re: [L4D2] laser sight crosshair removal updated: 06/29
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
I find this quite ironic but if you're using custom models for the AWP sniper, the lasers show. Even if you're using World Weapon Models Fix addon, lasers still don't show. (Current addon I'm using: AWP | Hyper Beast Skin, I don't know if other addons work)
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1pLPimGN

invalid???

I come from China, my English is poor

Last edited by phoenix0001; 02-20-2017 at 03:48.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2020 , 14:30   Re: [L4D2] laser sight crosshair removal updated: 06/29
Reply With Quote #54

Does anybody found wolkaround to make this work without sending protected command to client?
NoroHime
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2021 , 18:17   Re: [L4D2] laser sight crosshair removal updated: 06/29
Reply With Quote #55

when i released from controlled, my crosshair appear, that fell sucks, idk how fix that