Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Shifting and joining, general bitwise operation

Post New Thread Reply   

Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2015 , 17:57   Shifting and joining, general bitwise operation
Reply With Quote #1

So previously I asked about how to Capturing & Blocking Close Caption. Now on the other hand I have come to where I would like to send out a close caption message. However the shifting of bits confuses me and I have never been good at binary. Perhaps someone could give a hand here and explain exactly how I would send a new message out?

psychonic was kind enough last time to show me how to block and read the close caption data. The usermessage breaks down in to the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Neither. Int, 15-bit uint, 1-bit bool

Easiest way would probably be to read the last two together as a short, copy the least significant bit out as the last var and then shift the rest to the right. Multiply the duration by 10 to convert it to seconds.

Code:
new id = BfReadNum(bf); new temp = BfReadShort(bf); new bool:from_player = (temp & 1); new signed = (temp >> 1) & 0x7FFF; new unsigned = (signed < 0) ? signed + 0x10000 : signed; new Float:duration = float(unsigned);
If I were to turn that around and send a message out with it, how would I exactly do that?

Code:
new id = 1327396910 new bool:from_player = false new Float:duration = 15.0 new unsigned = RoundFloat(duration) new signed = ?