This branch of the revolutionary "ScavengeBots"
allows for bots to be able to scavenge cans in more maps that were originally incompatible with more appropriate behavior regarding Scavenging. Please read everything to become familiar with its changes, some things may show up as bugs when it's really not.
- ScavengeBotsDS is now merged into one sole plugin once again. Additional details have been listed below
- Bots will now scavenge in all maps where they are able. They will (and should) start immediately once the gascan progress display is visible on the HUD. Finales/Scavenge Events without the scavenge progress display (non-existing, for whatever reason) will not prompt bots to scavenge gascans.
- Bots will immediately stop scavenging cans when the goal is reached (when the display disappears or when the escape vehicle is either inbound or available). They will then resume following the player or proceed on their own (as an all bot team) once the area is clear.
- There will now be three .cfg files that must be installed in sourcemod/data. ScavengeBotsDS will focus on Coop/Versus non-finale instances. ScavengeFinaleBotsDS will handle Finale based instances (including Dark Carnival Remix). And ScavengeGameBotsDS will focus on all Scavenge game mode maps. Addon maps can still be added in the proper format and appropriate file to test and experiment with.
- For more information, please check the original Scavengebots plugin linked above.
How does ScavengeBotsDS differ from its original counterpart?
- This branch doesn't check if an entity with the specific name of "trigger_finale" is a certain "type" [(type == 4)] when the finale starts. Instead, it checks if the Gas Can Progress HUD exists as this is more relevant to Scavenging events/finales.
- This branch also has many events linked to bots being able to scavenge when the progress is visible. They will now help out on (almost) every instance possible.
- This version will now be able to target up to one non-finale nozzle and one finale nozzle per map.
- Lastly, this plugin will force the bots to stop collecting cans when the goal is reached. This is to stop bots from getting extra cans when it's time to proceed in the map. (Special cases are listed below)
- This plugin has reached maximum potential and should be compatible with "Pour Gas" by Silvers and "Chainsaw Refueling" by DJ_West and almost every scavenging related map.
- After taking Lux's advice and Timocop's implementation, memory leaks have now been removed.
- Fixed any and all finales that trips the game events "finale_vehicle_ready" and "instructor_server_hint_create" at the same time. (This is mostly the case for "Welcome To Hell" in Single-Player.)
- Fixed bots getting gascans on maps that were not registered (Mostly Badwater Basin).
- (Scavenge) Fixed bots continuing to grab gas cans on "scavenge_round_start" even though the map was not registered in the .cfg
- Merged functionality back into one plugin. ScavengeBotsDS is now omni-compatible on it's own for almost every scavenging instance.
- Re-arraged some coding/functions to prevent errors from being spammed into the console when a bot reaches a certain goal. Functionality should still be the same.
- New bool to stop bots from taking gas cans and running off when the escape is available.
- Bugfixes, added blacklist of completely incompatible scavenge maps.
- Ensured Bots will activate properly for those using sourcemod locally.
- 8/10/19: Fixed all possible Scavenge matches so that bots will no longer refuse to collect cans when the round ends (and the teams swap).
- Added a bunch of valid maps in their appropriate cfg file.
- 8/15/19: Fixed Urban Flight finale (and any other similar instances). A rare bug indeed.
- 8/27/19: Bots that are in Critical Condition (has greyed out vision) will no longer attempt to collect gascans. In order for them to collect gascans again, they must either get healed by a human ally (other bots will still attempt to get gascans while they're healthy), or heal themselves. Also improved bot check.
Demonstrations of maps that were originally unsupported:
Dead City II
, White Forest
, Urban Flight
, Farewell Chenming
, Journey to Splash Mountain
, Gone in 60 Smokers
, Fatal Freight
Please remove the original "ScavengeBots" plugin from the "sourcemod/plugins" folder if it's present there to avoid issues from the two plugins.
Please also remove all other .smx files of "ScavengeBots" from the plugin folder before installing for the same reason above
If you think a map is incompatible in a way that the bots will not be able to secure gas cans (i.e. Badwater Basin), please remove the map entry from the proper .cfg file. Any scavenging related maps that aren't in the .cfg will NOT prompt bots to scavenge gas cans at all. This is to prevent bots from carrying said cans away from the objective and giving the players unnecessary stress.
There may be times where a bot will start pouring their gas can at the same time when the escape is available. This will prompt bots to resume scavenging as normal until there's no more gas cans. (This only applies to campaign maps that have extra gas cans)
game mode will work on any map unless it is a map with multiple nozzles in the same scenario type.
Sadly, this list is incomplete. If you notice that any campaign/map that has scavenging is not on this list, please let me know so I can include it.
- BOT - Battle with Ogress Toys
- Dark Blood 2
- Day Break
- Dark Carnival: Remix
- Dead City II
- Death Sentence
- Downtown Dine
- Farewell Chenming
- Fatal Freight
- Gone in 60 smokers
- IMPJAW C1
- Journey to Splash Mountain - Do not let bots carry the gas can until it is full.
- Last Ride
- Leaving Home
- Left 4 Bowl
- LostSchool - The first gas can must be picked up.
- Military Industrial Complex II
- Plan B (hiding finale)
- Precinct 84
- Precinct 84 ( 2018 )
- Resident Evil 3 - Has 3 nozzles. The bots will only focus on one of them. Will possibly include soon.
- Road To Nowhere 2
- Urban Flight - Bots will attempt to get gas cans before finale starts, they will stop when the first tank dies.
- Welcome to Hell
- White Forest
- Badwater Basin - The goal moves...
- Complex Course - The Gas Can Progress HUD doesn't exist...
- DE_Prodigy - The Gas Can Progress HUD doesn't exist...
- Left or Right - The Gas Can Progress HUD doesn't exist...