12% 

Register System V9.0 by m0skVi4a ;]

Post New Thread Reply   

roymor
Old 08-14-2013 , 11:17   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Does not justify knowing their password... Nothing will ever justify knowing someones password, no matter what they are connected to
teamviewer
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-14-2013 , 11:24   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by roymor View Post
teamviewer
Not a justification, just an excuse

Looking back, there is only TWO situations that I can think of that a user password would need to be provided and they don't even relate to Valve Games (relates to Hosting, when Support needs to troubleshoot the issue from the point of view of the user OR when performing a Host to Host transfer, the new Host needs the login information of the old Host to complete the transfer)

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
HalfLife
Old 08-15-2013 , 07:43   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #453

M0skVi4a, there is a BIG problem that I didn't know using the plugin for 3 months
I am using this plugin, for protecting names of admins, so no one else can login as an admin with that name (I cannot use SteamID because i'm living in a country that all of the servers are non-steam, except me, so when someone is admin by SteamID, and changes his nick, they come to my server website and say you made him admin, make us too.. lol) so when a user comes with admin name, after passing the motd, he can do like amx_rcon quit or any other commands with the flag that admin name is given. can u make so before he login, he is not considered as admin so he cannot do anything?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by HalfLife; 08-15-2013 at 07:44.
YamiKaitou
Old 08-15-2013 , 07:47   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfLife View Post
M0skVi4a, there is a BIG problem that I didn't know using the plugin for 3 months
I am using this plugin, for protecting names of admins, so no one else can login as an admin with that name (I cannot use SteamID because i'm living in a country that all of the servers are non-steam, except me, so when someone is admin by SteamID, and changes his nick, they come to my server website and say you made him admin, make us too.. lol) so when a user comes with admin name, after passing the motd, he can do like amx_rcon quit or any other commands with the flag that admin name is given. can u make so before he login, he is not considered as admin so he cannot do anything?
Thanks in advance
Make your server Steam Only and you won't have that issue

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
HalfLife
Old 08-15-2013 , 07:53   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #455

Quote:
Make your server Steam Only and you won't have that issue
Man my server is Steam-Only, just I said because those gamers in our country, they will become shocked if they see someone with name blablabla is admin, that's why I don't make someone Admin with SteamID.
They think when someone is Admin, he isn't Admin with other names, because they always play in Non-Steam server and they don't know that my server is Steam, so they will get shocked if someone with same SteamID changes his nick 1000 times and they will come to my website say "You made 1000 people Admin, make me too"
That is why i'm saying..
saad700
Old 08-15-2013 , 08:03   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #456

Thank's Dude
Old 08-15-2013 , 08:21   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #457

Quote:
Man my server is Steam-Only, just I said because those gamers in our country, they will become shocked if they see someone with name blablabla is admin, that's why I don't make someone Admin with SteamID.
They think when someone is Admin, he isn't Admin with other names, because they always play in Non-Steam server and they don't know that my server is Steam, so they will get shocked if someone with same SteamID changes his nick 1000 times and they will come to my website say "You made 1000 people Admin, make me too"
That is why i'm saying..
Last I checked, there was a big difference between Steam and No-Steam. So if there are people in your country using No-Steam, then they will never join your server, so who cares what they think

HalfLife
Old 08-15-2013 , 08:29   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #458

Quote:
Last I checked, there was a big difference between Steam and No-Steam. So if there are people in your country using No-Steam, then they will never join your server, so who cares what they think
They are many Steamers in our Country, plus Non-Steamers. But the difference is even the Steamers, they think other than making admins with SteamID, because there is all Non-Steam servers in our country, and they play in those servers mostly, so if they come to mine, they will think it is the same method, like everyone is admin with name, so that's why i'm making admins with name.
Cmon man get it im just asking because they can access to admin commands before login

Last edited by HalfLife; 08-15-2013 at 08:29.
YamiKaitou
Old 08-15-2013 , 08:32   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #459

Quote:
Cmon man get it im just asking because they can access to admin commands before login
If you have admins by SteamID, it is not possible for them to have access to commands they are not authorized to use. Use some common sense. Just because everyone in your country uses illegal software does not mean you have to cater your legal software to benefit them. I'd say screw them and let them suffer

HalfLife
Old 08-15-2013 , 08:43   Re: Register System V8.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
If you have admins by SteamID, it is not possible for them to have access to commands they are not authorized to use. Use some common sense. Just because everyone in your country uses illegal software does not mean you have to cater your legal software to benefit them. I'd say screw them and let them suffer
Nope you understand incorrectly lemme tell you better:
Everyone in my country, have Non-Steam/illegal server, and Steamers (legal players) play in those servers, so they make admins by names, so they have STEAM_ID_LAN and cannot make them by SteamID, so those Steamers that come to my server, are habit to know an admin with name, so if for example my name is HalfLife, and I change my name to Yami, they will think Yami is someone else and not HalfLife, so they will come to my website, and say "You made Yami admin, make me also" so they will not know that i'm admin with SteamID, and they will always think there is a new admin. Now I think you got me
BTW back to the topic, I installed this plugin on a new server with no plugins and nothing, and saw that they can access to admin commands by default, so m0skVi4a, you may fix this plugin please, and set users flag Z, before they are logged.
Thanks