Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Access to deleting our own threads

Post New Thread Reply   

edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2019 , 09:53   Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #1

How come nobody has requested to have the ability to remove your own thread yet? Like how isn't it implemented yet?

Last edited by edon1337; 07-17-2019 at 09:53.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2019 , 10:34   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #2

And now I apparently get warned for "blanking a thread" by using "..", because the admins haven't implemented a delete option, like what? I'm gonna freak out.
BTW: The thread was meaningless as I resolved the issue myself.

Last edited by edon1337; 07-17-2019 at 10:40.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-17-2019 , 10:41   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
And I get warned for wanting to keep the section clean by deleting a thread that was meaningless because I already resolved the issue myself, I'm gonna freak out.

Oh, so just because it's meaningless for you because you solved it then it is automatically meaningless for everyone else?

1.You shouldn't delete anything. Every piece of information may be helpful for someone else. Most of the information in this forum is from scripting help threads, not tutorials. If people could just delete their threads then we would end up with a wasteland and it would go against the purpose of this forum, tremendously reducing the amount of information that's available.
2.If someone solved their problem by themselves, the right thing to do is to post the solution for others. Deleting the thread in this situation is selfish: they wanted help from others, eventually figured it out and then decided to screw everyone that may have the same problem in the future.
Old 07-17-2019 , 10:48   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Oh, so just because it's meaningless for you because you solved it then it is automatically meaningless for everyone else?

1.You shouldn't delete anything. Every piece of information may be helpful for someone else. Most of the information in this forum is from scripting help threads, not tutorials. If people could just delete their threads then we would end up with a wasteland and it would go against the purpose of this forum, tremendously reducing the amount of information that's available.
2.If someone solved their problem by themselves, the right thing to do is to post the solution for others. Deleting the thread in this situation is selfish: they wanted help from others, eventually figured it out and then decided to screw everyone that may have the same problem in the future.
Changing private to public in a code isn't an important piece of history to be kept. It was pretty reasonable. This isn't communism, everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their threads as long as they don't harm others. But you and the rest of the staff actually are practicing the above mentioned. I don't have any personal grudge against you or Asherkin.

Warning someone for just "blanking a thread" is the most brainless thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

I'm waiting for the next warning, since I'm arguing with staff members, hilarious.

Last edited by edon1337; 07-17-2019 at 10:58.
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2019 , 11:08   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
Changing private to public in a code isn't an important piece of history to be kept.
Not every one knows this information, some newbies will find this so much useful, so think big.
Old 07-17-2019 , 11:15   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #6

It's not up to you or me or anyone else to decide what information is valuable and what information is trash. We all have different levels of knowledge and what you consider to be "reasonable" may be rocket science for someone else. Talking about communism is hilarious and inappropriate because this are simply the forum rules: do not delete information, it may be helpful for others. If you do not agree, then you are free to not ask for help, no one is forcing you to come to us(so by using the forums you agree with whatever rules it has - especially in this case where the rule makes sense and this rules made this forum what it is today).
By deleting your thread you are harming the community as a whole.

I'm sorry I do not agree with your twisted and unreasonable point.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-17-2019 at 11:19.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2019 , 11:18   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusTGo View Post
Not every one knows this information, some newbies will find this so much useful, so think big.
Newbies wouldn't be interested in creating new functions like I did there, so your statement is invalid. Also there was another post which had the same issue as me, so another reason why mine was meaningless.

Anyways, seems like everyone is brainwashed, not gonna go too far with this, ain't got the time. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He could've at least told me, instead of warning me, with 5 POINTS. Warnings are becoming x-mas gifts in this forum.

Quote:
Talking about communism is hilarious and inappropriate because this are simply the forum rules: do not delete information, it may be helpful for others. If you do not agree, then you are free to not ask for help, no one is forcing you to come to us(so by using the forums you agree with whatever rules it has - especially in this case where the rule makes sense and this rules made this forum what it is today).
By deleting your thread you are harming the community as a whole.

I'm sorry I do not agree with your twisted and unreasonable point.
I completely stand by my opinion, calling it communism is accurate, unless you don't get it. By deleting a thread, you don't harm ANYONE. Change my mind, at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited by edon1337; 07-17-2019 at 11:22.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-17-2019 , 11:22   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
In case you didn't know there is something called search engine, a popular such thing is google.
If someone has the same problem he will google it and possibly get in this post. And... ops... No solution AT LEAST for him. None cares if you solved it or not, new information should be welcomed.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-17-2019 , 11:22   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #9

I'm going to leave this post from 2004 here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=3913
Whatever it is, we don't believe in deleting information.

According to you, I am brainwashed because I believe in the values of this community. Well, so be it.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-17-2019 at 11:23.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-17-2019 , 11:28   Re: Access to deleting our own threads
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
I'm going to leave this post from 2004 here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=3913
Whatever it is, we don't believe in deleting information.

According to you, I am brainwashed because I believe in the values of this community. Well, so be it.
That's where my thread should have went, but you know what? Let's just warn him, cuz, why not?!?!
The community has values, even to me, but owners' meaningless actions are what's winding me up.

Last edited by edon1337; 07-17-2019 at 12:02.