Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2018 , 03:24   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1781

You shouldn't need to change anything. The discord module gets the report when one is successfully sent by listening to a forward. All CallAdmin modules work that way.
CallAdmin ships with a calladmin_test module that you can use to send test reports. You can find its documentation here. Simply move it from the plugins/disabled to the plugins folder and load it
Code:
sm plugins load calladmin_test
Code:
sm plugins load disabled/calladmin_test
should work too if you don't want to move it.

Don't forget to permanently disable it when you're done testing!

Last edited by Impact123; 11-03-2018 at 04:01.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2018 , 14:03   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1782

Release notes for version 0.1.8

The following is an overview of the changes for 0.1.8, for a changelog of this and past releases head over to our wiki.
This release contains new features and important bug fixes, we recommend you to update as soon as you can. Users who've installed the updater plugin should get the update automatically.

Core / All
  • Fix that getting an empty client select menu counts as report

Steam module
  • Add sm_calladmin_steam_logoffdelay convar
  • Add sm_calladmin_steam_messagedelay convar
  • Add sm_calladmin_steam_debug convar
  • Add sm_calladmin_steam_requesttimeout convar
  • The System2 extension is now optional and only required when the group file is used

Most changes are to support MessageBot's new version and this version will fail to load with an older version of it, albeit with a custom message. Take a look at the convars in the plugin.calladmin_steam.cfg file and adjust them if you encounter issues. We don't yet know the best default values for these so please let us know if you had to change them and/or have suggestions what the defaults should be.

MessageBot
  • MessageBot can now accept friend requests again
  • MessageBot has a new SetOption native. For now this allow to set the logoff delay, the message delay, the request timeout and enable debugging
  • A lot of time was spent updating the way MessageBot is built and setting up continuous integration for it. The MessageBot extension is now build automatically both for windows and linux and development build are available on its github releases page

Explanations
A little bit more info about the changes.

MessageBot / Steam module Changes
About 3 weeks ago we found out that the steam module had issues with reliably sending messages. During testing we found out that there's a limit on how many messages can be sent in a certain time frame and that accepting friend requests was broken. Unfortunately the method we use to send the messages just silently fails which made it somewhat hard to figure out why and when it happens. For now the solution is to throttle the number of messages we send per second via MessageBot, the extension that is used by the steam module. We also found out that limited accounts hit that limit earlier. Officially they aren't supposed to be able to send messages like this so we don't officially support them either. If your current bot account is limited and you have the 5$, upgrading it is strongly advised.

Special thanks to Lubricant Jam for reporting the issue and testing preliminary versions.

The System2 extension is now optional and only required when the group file is used
Some deem the system2 extension a security risk which is why it was made optional for now.

MessageBot build changes
We don't really have real releases for the MessageBot extension and compiling is was a bit of a hassle. We now use a similar system to CallAdmin where we have periodic tagged releases on its github releases page. Getting both windows and linux builds to work took a bit of time that we hope was worth spending. We recommend you always get your MessageBot version from there.

Important information
If you have the updater installed, the plugin and all its modules will update themselves.
While we tried to make this update backward compatible, you should carefully read the changelog and make the needed changes.
If you update a module which works together with a web script (mysql, ts3) please be sure to update both.
The upgrade process is almost the same as installing, please head over to our wiki for information.

Please ask if you have questions or encounter a problem!.

Download
You can download CallAdmin from its github releases page and MessageBot from its github releases page. The main thread will be updated shortly.

Last edited by Impact123; 11-03-2018 at 14:13.
napster_10
Old 11-04-2018 , 20:00   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1783

so am i installing the development-2 version of the messagebot now right?
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2018 , 20:02   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1784

Yes. At the moment this should be identical to what is shipped in the CallAdmin_Steam.zip from the first page.

Last edited by Impact123; 11-04-2018 at 20:05.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-05-2018 , 04:24   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact123 View Post
Special thanks to Lubricant Jam for reporting the issue and testing preliminary versions.
My pleasure, all is still working perfectly with no reported hiccups. Many thanks once again!
napster_10
Old 11-05-2018 , 12:26   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1786

i tried out the Usermanager Module and god i rly need that blacklist..whitelist
is there any update on it or are you working on it?

all i can setup now is gagged/muted player cant report but no list i can put people on to be immune for reports yet right? or did i miss something?

Last edited by napster_10; 11-05-2018 at 12:27.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2018 , 13:07   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1787

The user manager module provides its own api to set clients on the blacklist, but it has no own config file where you could write ids into. This functionality can either be added with a separate plugin that depends on the user manager module or added into the user manager module itself. We're currently not working on it, we're mostly doing maintenance or spend the time we have on more popular features like the steam module. Introducing new features requires lots of testing which we can't really do that much anymore. If you're willing to help me with that you can send me a private message and we'll talk about it. I can't promise anything though.

Last edited by Impact123; 11-05-2018 at 13:29.
napster_10
Old 11-05-2018 , 18:57   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1788

hmm i dont think i can help you i'm not a coder
but i can test of course

all i can say is that this feature would be very helpful to reduce all this calladmin abuse by atleast 50% i guess because most "noob kids" are reporting basically the same guys over and over again just because they are way better but not hacking of course .

Last edited by napster_10; 11-05-2018 at 18:59.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2018 , 19:04   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1789

I meant helping me by with telling me how you expect the feature to work and testing builds of it. If you have problems with abuse i would suggest banning the offenders or increasing the spam/reporting time.
Code:
// An user cannot be reported again for this many seconds
// -
// Default: "300"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
sm_calladmin_reporttime "300"

// An user must wait this many seconds after a report before he can issue a new one
// -
// Default: "25"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
sm_calladmin_spamtime "25"
A little while ago someone suggested a voting system. Instead of triggering a report, it would start a vote instead and only if that vote is successful a report will be made. I think this would make more sense to stop abuse. Unfortunately i never got around implementing it.

Last edited by Impact123; 11-05-2018 at 19:05.
napster_10
Old 11-06-2018 , 11:16   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1790

oh ok so how it should work is pretty simple.

- just a calladmin_whitelist.ini file u can put in steamIDs (so you can put in all the skilled guys on your server top20 etc. who you know are not cheating and playin regularly on the server and of course gettin reported over and over again)

- then add this in plugin.calladmin_usermanager.cfg
Code:
// Enable whitelist to make certain people immune for calladmin
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_calladmin_whitelist_enable "1"
- when somone tries to report a whitelisted player it shows a message in chat instead like "Sry but {playername} is NOT cheating!" or whatever u want to

and a vote system i dont like for that because then i could use !votekick/!voteban plugin anyways
and yes im banning people for calladmin abuse all the time but its a mess and i think with that plugin you could reduce alot reports everyday

Last edited by napster_10; 11-06-2018 at 11:41.