Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!

Post New Thread Reply   

TheProx
Old 02-06-2015 , 21:17   [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #1

Hello AM !
First of all sorry for bad explain and bad English.
and also i'm not an amxx scripter or somthing.

Ok, This is my idea and i think its possible.
all Counter-Strike Series (CSGO, CSS, CS 1.6 ETC) will be able to play at the Same Server even if they running a Different Game! This is Going to work with SQL HOST AND Entity
we need 2 servers.
a CSGO server and CS1.6 server

For example,
we have now a CS 1.6 server, and CSGO.
and we want to play at the same server when us games are Different.

So we Should create an Fake Player (Entity) in the CSGO server, when the cs 1.6 client connected.
When the cs 1.6 client are connected, it's will send an Request to the SQL HOST and from the sql HOST to The CSGO server, to create an fake player(entity)

OK, but now we Should make the entity in csgo able to move when the cs 1.6 client moves.
how we going to to that?
well again i'm not a scripter so if you are i guess you know how to do it, i belive we can make a some function or somthing for the entity.

For explame2:
when the cs 1.6 client moves( +forward ) it's will send this info to the SQL Host, and from the sql host to the fake player in the CSGO Game, it's will send the command '+forward' then the Fake player Entity are able to move!

also, when a client in cs 1.6 move his mouse, for explame he watching now at the sky in the game, so the entity should to do it too, i belive it's possible with Get the user origin of the cs 1.6 client and send this info to the SQL HOST? please fix me if i wrong.

- also, same in the cs 1.6 server, when csgo client connected, it's will create an fake player in the cs 1.6 and etc'..

if some one will make such a plugin, it's could very cool Plugin!

what are you think?

Last edited by TheProx; 02-06-2015 at 21:36.
RateX
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2015 , 00:15   Re: [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #2

If I'm right, the 3d environment(move speed, friction, ...) is way too different to just simply do a sync, not to mention the maps have to be either exactly the same or everything in one map have to be in the exact scale of the ones in the other map. So this request seems far from possible.

Last edited by RateX; 02-07-2015 at 00:41.
TheProx
Old 02-07-2015 , 00:43   Re: [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateX View Post
If I'm right, the 3d environment(move speed, friction, ...) is way too different to just simply do a sync, not to mention the maps have to be either exactly the same or everything in one map have to be in the exact scale of the ones in the other map. So this request seems far from possible.
It is possible to make such a Plugin, its hard i guess but it's Possible.
and about the maps you right, But it's possible to edit the maps.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 02-07-2015 , 07:45   Re: [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #4

Even if possible, it's a very weird idea. you need:
To make (not to edit) new maps according to an official one from one of the servers.
Plugin/modules for each server.
A high bandwidth.
And too much work for.. Nothing.
You think your servers will be popular ? everyone loves one's game and won't care about other combined ones.

Sorry, but you'll not get any support for this as it's totally: Absurd, wast of time, no-sense request.

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 02-07-2015 at 07:45.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2015 , 12:21   Re: [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #5

Possibility != Feasibility.
Old 02-08-2015 , 11:59   Re: [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #6

One major problem I can see with this is that CS16 uses a different physics engine than CS:S and CS:GO do.

Specifically, Source uses the Havok physics engine.

Heck, even CS:S and CS:GO probably have some differences in physics as CS:GO uses a more recent version of Source and possibly a more recent version of Havok.
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-12-2015 , 10:12   Re: [ IDEA ] Play CS1.6,CSGO,CSS at the same server - Crazy Idea!
Reply With Quote #7

After you make the maps at the same scale, you could just use CS:GO engine and just sync the movement on the others.
But, doing this the user experience in CS:S and CS1.6 will be similar to CS:GO physics (not mentioning lag or other issues).
By now I'm sure everybody has CS1.6 and CS:GO was on more then 8 sales. Buy the damn thing already.
P.S. nobody cares about CS:S