Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-13-2016 , 12:12   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #121

No, you would need to compile it yourself - I'm afraid I can't provide any support with ancient SM versions (and Throttle wont have symbols for them either).

You could try the 2.0.1-hg25 build (from the download link in the first post), which should support back to SM 1.5.0-hg3841 and 1.6.0-hg3920. If your SM version is from the 1.6 branch and older than 1.6.0-hg3920 it is not possible for Accelerator to work. Of course, Throttle will constantly nag you to upgrade and you'll miss out all all new functionality - but it should keep working until Throttle3 launches.

You'll probably find it much less effort to upgrade to modern SM, a game update will inevitably take you out eventually anyway - better to plan for it now rather than be forced to later. The 1.7 breaking changes were well documented and very minor - and shouldn't affect already compiled plugins anyway (and you can just recompile them with the 1.6 compiler if necessary). Getting off-topic here, so create a new thread in General if you need assistance with upgrading.
Old 10-13-2016 , 13:42   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #122

Ok i see, i have installed 2.0.1 for now and it loads ok as far as i can tell. This is for l4d2 servers that im having issues with and it seems that the extensions and plugins im using are being maintained but they are still compiled for SM pre 1.7 as most l4d2 hubs uses still pre 1.7 SM builts. Any ways will wait for the server to crash and see if i get anything on Throttle.
Regards
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-17-2016 , 12:41   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #123

Question in regards to dumps and logging - I am currently attempting to use a third party addon in a Windows CS:GO server that is causing crashes on map end, only when server has a good amount of population. The "crash" shows clients autodisconnect message at end of map when scoreboard is popped, if I type retry, I reconnect to the server immediately to the original start map. I am getting empty minidumps in my server root that look like this:

Code:
(failed)exec_snk1v1_20161016_164541_2_x0030CD20.mdmp
(failed)exec_snk1v1_20161016_164541_1_x0030CD20.mdmp
and no accelerator logging, errors, or anything even in /data/dumps. No crashes have been reported. What can I do to get some sort of useful logging out of this? Is this an issue with Accelerator that I'm getting no logging?

Last edited by sneaK; 10-17-2016 at 12:48.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-17-2016 , 13:35   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #124

Accelerator only catches a subset of fatal exceptions on Windows, whatever you're hitting is probably an unhandled one (or you don't have Accelerator installed correctly). Those minidumps are from the built-in crash reporter, not Acellerator. If they have data you could PM them to me and I can take a look. Your only real option otherwise is to run the server under a debugger.
Old 10-17-2016 , 13:52   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Accelerator only catches a subset of fatal exceptions on Windows, whatever you're hitting is probably an unhandled one (or you don't have Accelerator installed correctly). Those minidumps are from the built-in crash reporter, not Acellerator. If they have data you could PM them to me and I can take a look. Your only real option otherwise is to run the server under a debugger.
Interesting, good info. I definitely have Accelerator installed properly, as I've been using it successfully for quite some time on many servers (including the crashing one with the third party addon).

Unfortunately the .mdmp files are all empty. Trying to not go too off topic here, but being limited to GSP managed gameservers, is there much more I can do besides running -condebug in my startup line?
Old 10-24-2016 , 07:35   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #126

Asherkin, I can't find a forum thread to post asking for your expert advice on how to figure out what's crashing my servers.... can you please check this one out? https://crash.limetech.org/jzmnwhulymod

It's killing me, can't solve it!
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2016 , 10:38   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
Asherkin, I can't find a forum thread to post asking for your expert advice on how to figure out what's crashing my servers.... can you please check this one out? https://crash.limetech.org/jzmnwhulymod

It's killing me, can't solve it!
Quote:
That said, please do not post in this thread looking for help diagnosing a crash.
Create your own thread in the Source Servers section where you'll get much better help and will not fill up this thread with transient trash.
Old 11-29-2016 , 04:09   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #128

NOT WORK
WARNING: Sigscan for GetSpew failed, console output will not be included in crash reports.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-29-2016 , 04:17   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
That is expected, GetSpew is not supported on CS:GO.
Old 11-29-2016 , 04:29   Re: Accelerator - Crash Reporting That Doesn't Suck
Reply With Quote #130

Prior to update such errors were not.