8% 

Taking suggestions

Post New Thread Reply   

GlobalPlague
Old 01-02-2023 , 03:40   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFx View Post
Those pictures were taken with 1280x960. I took a picture of the layout using 800x600, which I guess most of the players use:

As you can see you can still see the statistics, just have to scroll the window for it to happen.

The minimum resolution for all motds to display correctly is 1280x960, even better if its higher, thats why I use it for testing the designs. This is the Full HD:

--------

I'm currently adding new features to it. Since it counts how many assists a player has, I just added a flashbang assist. So if I blind someone and my teammate kills him, I receive XP for assisting him with my flashbang. Also it has menu for easy access, random informations in chat so players can see what it contains.
Auto reset itself in the first day of the month, which can be controlled of course.
Resets the player's rank data if not active for 10 days, this value is also customizable.
Counts how much time the user has played and also how much time he is currently playing.

I guess I would add an option for the user to reset his own rank in case he wants to, but i'm not sure yet. I'm focusing in making the designs better and the plugin lighter, even tho it already uses curl and json to get the steam avatar from the players.
Why did you mention the resolution? Does the resolution affect how the plugin work?

Yeah, that plugin is very cool.

Since i'm mainly into Zombie Plague mods, i will give you my ideas based on ZP; if you like them, add them to the plugin.

In StatsX Shell Ultimate, there is a menu that shows the total amount of dealt damage. The menu contains 15 slots, and lists 15 players in order based on the amount of damage the have dealt; the fist place is for the player who has dealt the larges amount of damage, the last place is for the player who has dealt the lowest amount of damage compared to the rest 14 players. If you like this option, you can add it to your stats plugin.

Quote:
So if I blind someone and my teammate kills him, I receive XP for assisting him with my flashbang.
You can also make a Zombie version of that option. For example, if Player1 throws a fire grenade (this is the HE grenade version for ZP), sets a zombie on fire, and Player2 kills the zombie, Player1 should also get XP for assisting Player2 with fire grenade, which also drains the zombie's health.

You can also add support that show stats about the number of killed nemesis zombies, assassins, snipers, survivors, killed humans, infected humans, infected humans by infection grenade:
  1. How many players has the player killed while playing as a sniper;
  2. How many players has the player killed while playing as a survivor;
  3. How many players has the player killed while playing as a nemesis;
  4. How many players has the player killed while playing as a ordinary human;
  5. How many players has the player killed while playing as a zombie;
  6. How many players has the player infected while playing as a zombie - or killed while playing as a zombie during Swarm Mode;
  7. How many zombies has the player set on fire using the fire grenade, or set on ice using the frost grenade;

What do you think about those ideas?

Also, you are planning to add a customization option that allows the stats to remain permanent, without resetting after X time, right?
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2023 , 04:39   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #12

Just like how it happens with player models, crosshairs and weapons, the resolution also changes the way you view the motd windows, not a surprise.

About the suggestions, it would need a completely rebuild of the plugin, removing a lot of parts and changing the whole designs since it would be literally for zombie mod only. A work I would only do privately.

About the auto reset, just making the day value of the cvar 0 it would never reset since there's no 0 in any of the months.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo

Last edited by EFFx; 01-02-2023 at 04:40.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2023 , 03:54   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #13

So, this is the updated designs and changes I've been making so far: https://imgur.com/gallery/K6nzX1j

Player's Statistics
End of the map

Top Players
Top Most Active players

Top Deaths
Top HeadShot

Top Knife Kills
Main Menu

Pretty proud.

Last edited by EFFx; 01-10-2023 at 04:20.
GlobalPlague
Old 01-09-2023 , 07:26   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFx View Post
So, this is the updated designs and changes I've been making so far: https://imgur.com/gallery/XAsIOMg

Player's Statistics
End of the map

Top Players
Top Most Active players

Top Deaths
Top HeadShot

Top Knife Kills
Main Menu

Pretty proud.
Nice job.
It looks good.
deprale
Old 01-10-2023 , 16:30   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #15

I was working on something similar a few months ago.

So far I implemented Flashbang assists, Assists, First Death, First Blood, Smoke Kill, Wallbang kills, Grenade kills, Enemies Flashed, Teammates flashed, Damage per Value ($$$), Average death/kill per map, avg flashkill/assist per map, avg save per map/side, ECO kills, anti-eco kills, secondary vs primary duel bonus, defuse/plant per map, clutches etc etc and I have a very good way of calculating ELO with this, and I was planning on making the frontend for this as well but I gotta say if you're doing it for a pub it's worse than for a pug, because the design needs to hold so much more information and it has to be very linear... for example most pug players play 640x480, so I need to design with that in mind, and it's way easier to highlight 3 to 5 people than 10, but also include all 10 at the same time with the possibility to scroll down so I decided to implement it in a very nice way - I take 1 MVP from each team and compare their stats but also include each player comparing them 3 together, so my API gets back with an individualized motd response for each one of them, this way everyone's happy even if they are using 640x480 or 1920x1080.

Your plugin looks sick but I gotta say, you have to limit nicknames to 12-15 chars... and make everything closer so you don't have to rely on players having minimum 1920x960.

Last edited by deprale; 01-10-2023 at 16:32.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2023 , 23:12   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #16

It does have the option to either scroll down or to the both sides. I tried with 640x480 as well, you can still see the statistics, so don't worry, everybody is included. I just said that over 1280x960 it looks better.

About the statistics, it is being used in 32/32 pub servers and no lag were reported, so with pug it could be even better. You have a lot of statistics, some players don't care for most of them, even tho it makes the work for the people that knows what it takes to make this kind of work see how detailed and complete your system is, standard players still only care for top15 and rank position. The closest I got of players saying good words about was the /me command which is the statistics with steam avatar feature. The rest of the compliments were from people that also do coding.

This is a customized version with K/D instead of MVP info in top15 with 640x480 resolution.

Last edited by EFFx; 01-10-2023 at 23:23.
Siska1
Old 01-15-2023 , 08:15   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #17

Where can you find the first version of the plugin before you start to remake it your way?
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2023 , 23:12   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #18

The plugin was built from zero. The only thing I had the help from was the .css files which after reading and learning about how they work, I completely changed the design to the one you are seeing now.

Update:

Just made a conversion to Just Capture the Flag MOD. Just the three statistics with how many Flags Captured, Delivered and Returned by the players, not a big deal.

Last edited by EFFx; 01-16-2023 at 01:14.
madNezz
Old 01-17-2023 , 01:47   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #19

When we think this game is dead, something like this appear out of nowhere, good job.
Celena Luna
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2023 , 02:15   Re: Taking suggestions
Reply With Quote #20

I thought MOTD can’t read CSS, what you used to customize it like that?
I am actually curious.
I have been working on the Zombie Shelter mod but the normal menu is so hard to understand without visualizing it