Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.3

Post New Thread Reply   

GuidebuLL
Old 01-08-2010 , 10:21   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #231

Hi downtown, man you are the best on plugins.... i got a question for you..

I saw on another plugin called "Team Manager" a command !swapTo

Can you create a Team Manage Only plugin without the score, or if u can make a new command here !swapTo

I got a server 7x7 Versus and some times when i use !swap X Y someone join on spectate.
Then i need a command to send the player fom spec to team1 or team2 like a !swapTo YYY team2

bb
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2010 , 13:57   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidebuLL View Post
Hi downtown, man you are the best on plugins.... i got a question for you..

I saw on another plugin called "Team Manager" a command !swapTo

Can you create a Team Manage Only plugin without the score, or if u can make a new command here !swapTo

I got a server 7x7 Versus and some times when i use !swap X Y someone join on spectate.
Then i need a command to send the player fom spec to team1 or team2 like a !swapTo YYY team2

bb
The swapto is pretty much the exact same command unless Atomic changed it just for the L4D2 port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKr0W View Post
I am having trouble with l4d_ready_competition 1, when setting it, the readyup plugin doesnt apply it.

I would like more clarifications on how this cvar is applied. Does it load the competition plugins when changed to 1?

I suppose it doesn't do anything if set to 1 while it is active already.

Also, which are the plugins loaded?
It used to be core + readyup + score manager but the L4D2 score manager has a different filename so it would disable everything but core+readyup. The idea being to disable any gameplay changing plugins (e.g. ammo mod, perks, etc). As for how to set the cvar you would do

Code:
l4d_ready_enabled 1
l4d_ready_competition 1
And no it doesn't do anything when it's already on.

Last edited by Downtown1; 01-08-2010 at 13:59.
iNFiNiTeX
Old 01-13-2010 , 21:05   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #233

Could you please post a version that has been stripped of everything besides the spectate function? Thanks.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2010 , 01:15   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNFiNiTeX View Post
Could you please post a version that has been stripped of everything besides the spectate function? Thanks.
So why can't you just use l4d_ready_enabled 0?
iNFiNiTeX
Old 01-14-2010 , 06:53   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #235

Because that only disables the ready up portion of the plugin, you would still beable to swap players. Score/Team manager has more functionality for that, and it has a dual function of managing the scores. It also prevents the teams from getting scrambled. In any case, I do not want 2 player swap plugins that use the same command for a basic swap. I know there is a plugin that uses an /away spectate function, but that one only works on survivors. Your plugin carries the only public command which will work despite what team your on. I would do it myself but the coding seems too complex for me, I don't have much experience at scripting.
lexantis
Old 01-14-2010 , 07:09   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #236

does this still work in L4D1 too?
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2010 , 16:53   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.2
Reply With Quote #237

It looks like the latest version is incompartible with L4D1 because of
MarkNativeAsOptional("L4D_ScavengeBeginRoundS etupTime");
the log says that it can't find it.

Using Left 4 Downtown v0.3.1 as the latest one provded for L4D1, and i can't find the earlier versions of ReadyUp (i found one on bitbucket but it works laggy).

Last edited by egor1908; 01-17-2010 at 14:10.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 00:08   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.3
Reply With Quote #238

0.17.3 update released
  • BUGFIX - Constantly checks for survivors attempting to move in ready up
  • BUGFIX - Pause is now per campaign and will actually determine the correct team
  • EASE - Changes l4d_ready_pause_allowed to default to 3.
  • BUGFIX - Disables !restartround in L4D2
  • CVAR - Adds cvar l4d_ready_connect_enabled (default 1) to enable/disable connect announcements
wongkc987
Old 01-25-2010 , 05:05   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.3
Reply With Quote #239

If it can ready up in a time(can set), then it will start the game . It will be better...
Example: The game will start at 60 seconds and in this 60seconds the players is in god mode and the saferoom door cannot be opened .
SkaP
Old 01-25-2010 , 06:22   Re: [L4D(2)] Ready Up! 0.17.3
Reply With Quote #240

Hey Downtown, 2 requests if possible. If not, its cool.

1. Is it possible to add a !forcepause command for admins like LFD2Pause. I hate having to use two plugins that are similar to accomplish a simple goal. I like the functionality of being able to pause the game at will when something has gone wrong(griefer, afker, etc).

2. Is it possible to have a cvar that disables pausing(outside of forcepause) all together? I use Ready-up mostly when we go scrim and when in public for resartmap(I find people in pubs don't understand how to ready up causing them to disconnect) and I don't want to give anyone any pausing in public games. LFD2Pause plugin can disable pausing but when used with Ready-Up it semi pauses the game(says you can't pause, doesn't pause but tells you the game is paused).

Thanks