Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Melee Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

gamer_kanelita
Old 06-25-2019 , 14:36   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #11

it does not work for me, download the files but still lowering a lot of HP to the tank and the witch, any solution? Either command or cvar?
gamer_kanelita
Old 08-27-2019 , 00:40   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #12

because it hurts that now this plugin doesn't work anymore, they don't obey, does anyone know if there is another similar plugin or at least for the witch?
Toranks
Old 04-27-2022 , 20:52   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #13

FINALLY! Confirm this works for me on a listen server, even though the plugin says not to support it, erasing the line that detect it on main.sp (!IsDedicatedServer). Not forget to erase '#define DEBUG' too or will get a chat message every hit, very useful to check if the plugin works, but not to play. This need to be recompiled with the tools included in the zip file.
I've tested Charger, Witch and Tank. No more 2-kills 4-kills or 20-kills respectively, you can number the exact damage that each melee hit does, so how many hits you need depends on your custom HP of each special (via cvars, z_tank_healt, etc)

Another very useful plugin that I have been looking for a long time, buried in the forum. I hope my post will encourage more people to use it, works perfect with SM 1.11 and windows listen server.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2022 , 17:15   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
FINALLY! Confirm this works for me on a listen server, even though the plugin says not to support it, erasing the line that detect it on main.sp (!IsDedicatedServer). Not forget to erase '#define DEBUG' too or will get a chat message every hit, very useful to check if the plugin works, but not to play. This need to be recompiled with the tools included in the zip file.
I've tested Charger, Witch and Tank. No more 2-kills 4-kills or 20-kills respectively, you can number the exact damage that each melee hit does, so how many hits you need depends on your custom HP of each special (via cvars, z_tank_healt, etc)

Another very useful plugin that I have been looking for a long time, buried in the forum. I hope my post will encourage more people to use it, works perfect with SM 1.11 and windows listen server.
...anyway
SourceMod not support Listen Servers. Use Source Dedicated Server (SRCDS)
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2022 , 17:56   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #15

supporting it or not, from my experience, works almost like the same. (never had any issues in years, except for hard-coded stuff like the one mentioned above)
don't know why this is mentioned as an outdoor in every related topic, is like SM would be jailed cause supported a listen server, looks harmless, but who knows the real reason.
Old 04-28-2022 , 22:57   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
supporting it or not, from my experience, works almost like the same. (never had any issues in years, except for hard-coded stuff like the one mentioned above)
don't know why this is mentioned as an outdoor in every related topic, is like SM would be jailed cause supported a listen server, looks harmless, but who knows the real reason.
You can't run mods/plugins from client side, unless you disable VAC with -insecure parameter.
That is why.

*plus
There are some differences between SRCDS and client side server. To avoid confuse between these two, you should focus only on SRCDS.

Users in here forum can't even mention in they first post of topic, what game at issue.

Last edited by Bacardi; 04-28-2022 at 23:04.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2022 , 01:01   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
You can't run mods/plugins from client side, unless you disable VAC with -insecure parameter.
That is why.

*plus
There are some differences between SRCDS and client side server. To avoid confuse between these two, you should focus only on SRCDS.

Users in here forum can't even mention in they first post of topic, what game at issue.
We're getting off-topic here, but I do want to expand on Bacardi's post by sharing my thoughts on the topic of listen servers not being supported.

Spoiler

TL;DR: I think not mentioning it can lead to scenarios where users will think listen servers are supported and any issues they encounter with SM and/or SM plugins will be "valid."
Old 04-29-2022 , 01:26   Re: [L4D2] Melee Fix
Reply With Quote #18

off-topic (last reply)

Spoiler

About the plugin, just a note,
I remember that in commons, melee used to spam a lot of damages > 0 while using "OnTakeDamage",
e.g: 300 damage a lot of times in the same "frame"

Don't know if this has changed in some update or if some melee specific behavior, but may happen on SI as well.

Last edited by Marttt; 04-29-2022 at 01:26.