Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Reports System v3.1 [UPDATED 07/21/2019]

Post New Thread Reply   

klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2018 , 05:53   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #21

Menu character limit is 512 I think, so having like 40-50 characters for each message (just username + message preview) in the menu would look good. When you click on the menu item you can display a new old-style menu that would show more info (nick, steam id, full message, actions to take for that message).
And yes, Bugsy is right, deletion shouldn't be an option, only archiving; Manual or automated after a certain time interval (7 days for example, configurable).
There's actually a lot of potential for this, I may use it turns out to be great and featureful. I'd like to see replying as well - you reply to a message, next time they join they can see it as well. Like a fully featured ticket support system.

Last edited by klippy; 09-25-2018 at 05:56.
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2018 , 07:40   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #22

I once made a plugin with features that kilppy suggested even it supported sql but i didnt publish it and i lost it it was called report, hopefully you will add those features.
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 09-25-2018 at 10:24.
Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
JocAnis
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2018 , 08:08   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #23

cool idea...ye good suggestions for adding when admins saw message, and option for replying

My blog: http://primekz.xyz (in progress...) - not active (dec 2022)
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 09-25-2018 , 08:08   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #24

Thanks everyone for your suggestion, I'll start adding some of your suggestions in the up-coming version.
Old 09-25-2018 , 09:12   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #25

Switching to SQL may be a good idea, it will make transactions easier and more efficient than nvault array. If you need help with any of the suggestions let me know, I have nothing on my plate right now.
Old 09-25-2018 , 10:38   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #26

You should have a deletion option along with archiving. There is no reason to keep troll/insulting messages or messages that are like 6 months/1 year old. Or the message could simply be useless and you don't want the archive to become messy/filled with garbage and make it harder to search for a specific message in the future. You may want to keep in the archive only messages that may be needed at a later date.
And at the end of the day, this gives more power to the end user, which should always be welcome.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 09-25-2018 at 10:39.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 09-25-2018 , 11:08   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Switching to SQL may be a good idea, it will make transactions easier and more efficient than nvault array. If you need help with any of the suggestions let me know, I have nothing on my plate right now.
I have 0 knowledge on SQL, so for me using nVault Array is easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
You should have a deletion option along with archiving. There is no reason to keep troll/insulting messages or messages that are like 6 months/1 year old. Or the message could simply be useless and you don't want the archive to become messy/filled with garbage and make it harder to search for a specific message in the future. You may want to keep in the archive only messages that may be needed at a later date.
And at the end of the day, this gives more power to the end user, which should always be welcome.
Yes, I'm adding a Delete option, but not an archive one, I see no point to archive messages, simply delete or keep them.

Can someone tell me what the character limit is for the new menu system title? Or is it same as menu items (512 according to Klippy).

Last edited by edon1337; 09-25-2018 at 11:16.
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2018 , 11:18   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #28

There is no such thing is menu title characters limit, but im not sure about this it might be 196.

All i know that menu total characters limits is 512.

You can define the menu title length i dont recommend to be greater than 196 char unless you are using no items which its impossible because the new menu system needs atleast 1 item to can show the menu.

And SQL isnt a hard language you could learn it in less than 48 hours (simple level)
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 09-25-2018 at 11:31.
Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 09-25-2018 , 11:35   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsheh View Post
There is no such thing is menu title characters limit, but im not sure about this it might be 196.

All i know that menu total characters limits is 512.

You can define the menu title length i dont recommend to be greater than 196 char unless you are using no items which its impossible because the new menu system needs atleast 1 item to can show the menu.

And SQL isnt a hard language you could learn it in less than 48 hours (simple level)
Ok thank you. I don't really have time to learn new things till I finish all my exams (probably December).

@Bugsy

Is nvault_set_array meant to push new entries or edit existing entries?

Last edited by edon1337; 09-25-2018 at 11:35.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2018 , 12:34   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #30

#Edon. Make it so it costs to send message. That is within your comfort zone and will control plugin abuse. The plugin I was referring to early post was as adminmod plugin: Updated: Leave messages for *specific* clients as they connect.
This old AMX work reminds me of your style, PostMessage where it charges user to POST messages on server.