Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-11-03)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
Sound support for Mapchooser Extended
Unapprover:
Reason for Unapproving:
Author requested
Old 05-14-2011 , 15:09   Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-11-03)
Reply With Quote #1

New versions are posted in the MapChooser Extended thread.

The sounds plugin for Mapchooser Extended 1.7 and higher.

Features:
  • Configurable sound sets, including sound events for: Vote Warning, Revote Warning, Vote Start, Vote End, and Countdown sounds.
  • Sound sets are configured in addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/sounds/
  • Configurable whether players only download sounds for the current set or for all sets.
  • "tf" sound set should work even on an sv_pure 2 Team Fortress 2 server.
Dependencies:
  • Mapchooser Extended 1.7 or higher.
  • sv_pure 0 or sv_pure 1 server. "builtin" sounds will also work on sv_pure 2 servers.
Changelog:
  • Version 1.3 (2011-11-03)
    • All cvars have been renamed to conform with the MapChooser Extended standard. This means that you will need to delete your mapchooser_extended.cfg file.
    • Updated to use OnMapVoteStarted instead of OnMapVoteStart
    • Changed timings in TF Sound Set (32 to 30, 12 to 10)
  • Version 1.2 (2011-05-16)
    • Sound sets now each have their own config files.
    • Fixed a bug where specifying an invalid sound set in cfg/sourcemod/mapchooser_extended_sounds.cfg would cause the plugin to enter into an infinite loop.
    • Removed hl1 sound set from zip file and moved to a separate download.
  • Version 1.1.2 (2011-05-15)
    • Fixed a bug where the plugin would sometimes crash on start
    • Fixed an issue where having a non-existent sound set as your sm_mapvote_soundset cvar on plugin load would cause the plugin to crash (or just not work). Now, it will switch to the default configuration. NOTE: Removing the default (tf) sound set and then referencing a non-existent sound set as the default will also make this crash (or not work).
  • Version 1.1.1 (2011-05-15)
    • Fixed having too many convars with the FCVAR_NOTIFY attribute.
  • Version 1.1 (2011-05-14)
    • Initial Release
  • Version 1.0 (???)
    • Internal Release that only supported changing sound sets at server restart
Installation:
  1. Unpack archive to game root directory eg. orangebox/tf
  2. Upload the sounds directory to your Fast Download server if you have one.
    1. If you are using Team Fortress 2 and the "tf" set exclusively with sm_mapvote_downloadallsounds 0, this step is optional.
Upgrading:
  1. If you are using version 1.1.x, download the zip again as the configuration file system has changed.
Common Problems:
  1. "The sounds download but don't play!" or "I get the error 'Failed to load sound "sourcemod\mapchooser\tf2\announcer_dec_missi onbegins30s06.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository"' in my game console"
    1. This has two potential problems. The first is that you didn't upload the sound files to your game server or fast download server.
    2. The second is that you may be running a sv_pure 2 server or a sv_pure 1 server without having the Mapchooser Sounds directory in your pure_server_whitelist.txt
    3. If it is a sv_pure 1 server, add this above the } at the end of hl2/pure_server_whitelist.txt :
      Code:
      sound\sourcemod\...            allow_from_disk
    4. The hl2 directory is in the orangebox directory (for HL2DM, CS:S, DOD:S, and TF2), not your game directory.
    5. You cannot fix this on an sv_pure 2 server.
  2. "The sounds play fine the first map, but not after a map change!"
    1. This is actually the same issue as the previous problem, except that you're setting the sv_pure value in server.cfg. See the previous answer's solution.
  3. "The constant beeping during a vote is annoying. How do I get rid of it?"
    1. This is controlled by the game server. Set sv_hudhint_sound 0 in your server.cfg. Note: This disables the sound for all hint messages.

ConVars:
  • mce_sounds_downloadallsounds [0/1] (def 0) - Force players to download all sound sets, so sets can be dynamically changed during the map. Takes effect at map change.
  • mce_sounds_enablesounds [0/1] (def 1) - Enable this plugin. Sounds will still be downloaded (if applicable) even if the plugin is disabled this way.
  • mce_sounds_enablewarningcountersounds [0/1] (def 1) - Enable sounds to be played during warning counter. If this is disabled, map vote warning, start, and stop sounds still play.
  • mce_sounds_version [val] (def "1.1.2") - Mapchooser Extended Sounds Version
  • mce_sounds_soundset [val] (def "tf") - Sound set to use, optimized for TF by default. Sound sets are defined in individual files in addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/sounds/. Takes effect immediately if mce_sounds_downloadallsounds is 1, otherwise at map change.
Commands:
  • sm_mapvote_reload_sounds - Console command that reloads the Mapchooser Sound configuration files. EXPERIMENTAL. This may or may not work, although 1.1.2 should have fixed the crashing issue with it.
  • sm_mapvote_list_soundsets - Admin command that lists which sound sets have been successfully loaded. Requires the Cvar admin flag.
Sound Sets:
  • "tf" (included with plugin) - Featuring the Announcer from Team Fortress 2. Requires no external files if the game is Team Fortress 2. Submitted by Powerlord.
  • "hl1" (hl1_sound_set.zip) - Featuring the HEV suit voice and GMan from Half-Life 1. Submitted by Zuko.
Sound sets support "builtin" sounds if the sound set is the same name as the game folder. It is possible to have a sound set composed entirely of "builtin" sounds, but is not recommended.

If you create a new sound set, it is recommended you put sounds in the sound/sourcemod/mapchooser/[setname]/ directory (ex: sound/sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/). This allows Pure 1 servers to whitelist the sound/sourcmod directory to allow all sounds.

The Get Plugin link will not work because the plugin requires mapchooser_extended.inc to compile.
Attached Files
File Type: inc mapchooser_extended.inc (800 Bytes, 955 views)
File Type: zip mapchooser_extended_sounds.zip (726.6 KB, 4299 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (mapchooser_extended_sounds.sp - 1064 views - 14.3 KB)
File Type: smx mapchooser_extended_sounds.smx (8.9 KB, 1248 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-27-2014 at 10:23. Reason: Updated to version 1.3
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-15-2011 , 13:42   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds
Reply With Quote #2

Updated to version 1.1.1.

I had a fundamental misunderstanding of which cvars needed to have the FCVAR_NOTIFY attribute. This is fixed now.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-15-2011 , 16:14   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds
Reply With Quote #3

Updated to version 1.1.2 to fix the intermittent "crash on plugin start" issue.

Edit: In theory, this should also fix sm_mapvote_reload_sounds, but I haven't tested it to any major degree.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-16-2011 at 13:53.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2011 , 20:15   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-15)
Reply With Quote #4

Version 1.2 released. You will need to download the entire set again, as the configuration file has had some changes.

I realized I didn't like the idea of having to edit sounds.cfg to add new sound sets... so now you don't.

Each sound set should now have its own cfg file, structured like this example for the hl1 set:

Code:
"MapchooserSoundsList"
{
    "hl1"
    {
        "counter"
        {
            "1"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/one.wav"
            }    
            "2"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/two.wav"
            }    
            "3"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/three.wav"
            }    
            "4"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/four.wav"
            }    
            "5"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/five.wav"
            }    
            "6"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/six.wav"
            }    
            "7"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/seven.wav"
            }    
            "8"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/eight.wav"
            }    
            "9"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/nine.wav"
            }    
            "11"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/ten_seconds.wav"
            }    
            "20"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/twenty_seconds.wav"
            }    
            "30"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/thirty_seconds.wav"
            }    
            "60"
            {
                "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/sixty_seconds.wav"
            }    
        }
        "vote start"
        {
            "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/startyourvoting.mp3"
        }
        "vote end"
        {
            "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/endofvote.mp3"
        }
        "vote warning"
        {
            "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/bell_warning.wav"
        }
        "runoff warning"
        {
            "sound"            "sourcemod/mapchooser/hl1/gman_choose2.wav"
        }
    }
}
Note that the counter numbers can be anything from 1-60 (or 0, but use the "vote start" sound there instead).

These sound configurations go in addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/sounds/

The old sounds.cfg is now ignored, and you can delete it.

Be warned: In the current build, if you have two configuration files with the same set name, the plugin will stop loading. This is intentional, as it's not clear whether it should skip or overwrite the original contents. You will have to clear the error by removing or renaming one of the set names and reload the plugin to get it working again.

sm_mapvote_list_soundsets is a new admin command that will let anyone with the Cvars admin flag see which sound sets are loaded. This can be overridden in the SourceMod Overrides.

Edit: I may look into making builtin sets for HL2: Deatmatch, Counter-Strike:Source, and Day of Defeat: Source. Thanks Valve for giving me a copy of every game you make for finding all 36 potatoes.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-17-2011 at 15:50.
TheLaser
Old 05-19-2011 , 13:37   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #5

Hey Powerlord.

This is a nice plugin ..... really like it at 1st didnt have sound but got it working .
The countdown displays fine and you can vote and in the vote config I have it set for 20 maps and it still only will display 5 ...

Im using HL2DM in a win2008 OS with alot of SM mods that all work ...
also use ES mods so I dont get it

Last edited by TheLaser; 05-19-2011 at 13:47.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2011 , 14:14   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaser View Post
Hey Powerlord.

I like this vote system and I also installed the sound addon but no sounds work ?? Im not new at this and followed your instructions and nothing ....
There are a few reasons this can happen. However, diagnostics help.

Are there any errors in the server console?

When you first connected after installation, did your client download several sound files?

If it did (or you don't remember), during the vote menu, do you see errors like this in your client's console (` (same key as ~) to activate on US keyboards, not sure about others)?

Failed to load sound "sourcemod\mapchooser\tf\announcer_dec_missio nbegins30s06.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository

If so, type sv_pure into your console and see what value it returns.

If it returns 1, you need to follow the instructions under "Common Problems" in the first post. If you have trouble locating the server's hl2 directory, it should be in the same directory as the hl2mp directory is.

(Edit: I just expanded those instructions a bit, in case they were unclear)

Quote:
the countdown displays fine and you can vote and in the vote config I have it set for 20 maps and it still only will display 5 ...
The 5 map limit is sadly intentional. The idea was to prevent the vote menu from taking up multiple screens.

HL2DM's menus have a maximum of 7 items, but the Don't Change/Extend Map options may take up the last slot, so the real limit is 6.

With CS:S, DOD:S, and TF2, its menus show on the current screen and the 1-9 buttons cannot be used while the menu is showing. They have a maximum of 9 items, but the slot block cvar will fill the first 3 to prevent accidental votes (TF2 uses 1-5 only, 1-3 for most classes... this plugin was written with that in mind), and the Don't Change/Extend Map options may take up the last slot, leaving only 5 usable slots.

TL;DR: This is to prevent vote menus from spanning multiple pages.

I may do an experimental version that forces all games to use the HL2DM-style menus and see how that works. That will at least allow us to increase the number of maps by one and remove the need for blocked slots.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-19-2011 at 14:43.
TheLaser
Old 05-19-2011 , 15:23   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #7

Hey thanks for the quick reply .

No the sounds are fine and down load fine ... what I ment by only 5 is that I dont get the option of Next to see the other maps or the Extend 15min or Back just like the other vote map plugins .....
TheLaser
Old 05-19-2011 , 15:30   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #8

The sounds I figured out I had the old folder setup and It wasnt finging them .... my screwup because you made some changes and I had to read it more carefully

So yea its now the menu problem only ... what its not doing is

lockdown
backbone
overlook
underpass
Extend 15min
NEXT

all I get is 5 maps but have 30 in the map folder
TheLaser
Old 05-19-2011 , 15:59   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #9

Ok I found out why now extend , its seems you have to put a number value in the "how many map extends "0" if you donr it doesnt come up ... is there another conv im missing to add the NEXT if I set the number of maps to 30 instaed of the default "5" ??
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2011 , 21:28   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Ok I found out why now extend , its seems you have to put a number value in the "how many map extends "0" if you donr it doesnt come up ... is there another conv im missing to add the NEXT if I set the number of maps to 30 instaed of the default "5" ??
This particular map vote plugin was only intended to display a small set of either random maps or ones nominated by users (via the nominations plugin that comes with SourceMod).

It's literally an modified version of SourceMod's Mapchooser, which has the same 6-map limitation (well, it's 6 now in 1.6, it was 5 in 1.5.2).

I could modify it, but having to page through 30 maps 5 maps at a time is likely to piss off your user base.