Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Question about trigger_hurt & OnClientConnect

Post New Thread Reply   

SimplyJpk
Old 01-17-2015 , 01:06   Question about trigger_hurt & OnClientConnect
Reply With Quote #1

So, I'm a casual programmer currently running a Jump Server, been running source-mod servers for almost 3 years now. But only recently took it upon myself to make myself some plugins since not everything exists.

Currently running a few customized plugins, and we're getting some high CPU use. So going through them(slowly) to just try improve them.

As most would know an update was made to try stop Engies building places where they can't regularly (some time back) . (Checks with 'trigger_hurt' Which broke Engy jumping on about.. well every map. I made a very small and quick plugin

which essentially just removes trigger_hurt from maps.

Now, I'm not super familiar with the workings of sourcepawn, nor the source engine.
Few Questions to those willing to part some wisdom.. c:

1. Could removing trigger_hurt from maps cause problems? I've had this plugin running for over 2 months, and seems so far the answer to that is No.

2. Is "while((i = FindEntityByClassname(i,"trigger_hurt")) != -1)" The correct setup for a loop through all the trigger_hurt's? Seems most logical to me.

3. Would this remove it from server/client, both? Would i need to call this on every client that joins the server? (I've tried to test this with mixed results, I ended up making a 2 min timer to just keep removing them, Since not so many engy jumpers around)

Much thanks to anyone who can help, or point some fingers at documents on related topics.
Thanks again
Michalplyoutube
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2015 , 10:28   Re: Question about trigger_hurt & OnClientConnect
Reply With Quote #2

1 Clients would be stuck in pints

2 No they can be named like mvm one trigger_multiple with output !activator Sethealth -1000

3 It would remove it as long as the map would stay the same
SimplyJpk
Old 01-17-2015 , 18:17   Re: Question about trigger_hurt & OnClientConnect
Reply With Quote #3

Cheers, pretty much what i thought.

Yeah, it's pretty much just for jump maps. So random pits & mvm issues shouldn't be a problem.., Thanks for your help c: